What "Foreign" Foods do You Like?

Kazumimi

Sukone Tei Propagandist
Staff member
Foreign meaning anything not native to your country! I thought it'd be fun to talk about the different foods we like from other parts of the world!

Firstly, I LOVE steamed gyoza. They're perfection and I will fight you if you say otherwise. >:)
Miso soup is also good when done by the right person!
Also, I tried some French donuts recently, but I cannot for the life of me remember what they were called. They had what I think consisted of the donuts, topped with blueberries, mint, and what I think was a mix of lemon flavor and cream cheese?

What are some of your favorite foreign foods?

Reactions: BambooGarden101

peaches2217

I write mediocre OliLen fanfiction.
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
French croissants. I had the pleasure of having a handmade croissant during a layover in Paris on the way to Italy a few years back, and since then I just... I can't enjoy croissants anymore. Nothing else comes close.

• Love
Reactions: Kazumimi

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Sushi is one of my all time favorite foods, I have eating problems and sushi is one of those foods I can rely on.
I love ramen, both the real nice authentic restaurant kind and the cheap on the stove kind. (I don't like microwave ramen though)
I love Korean BBQ.
I loooove Pierogis. My great grandpa was from Poland and apparently I had real authentic Pierogies as a child but I have no memory of them...how sad akskd. I love the frozen kind though. I wish I remembered what a nice home made one tasted like :rikka_lili: :koharurikka_lili:
Nachos are like one of my favorite foods too.

Reactions: Kazumimi

Osse

Aspiring Fan
Mar 28, 2021
Sweden
Most of the food I eat is foreign, since Swedish cuisine is pretty limited. The best food for me comes from Asia, especially Thailand and Japan! I could honestly live on sushi, and we have a wonderful local Thai restaurant! Italian chicken pasta is also such a comfort food...

Reactions: IO+

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Most of the food I eat is foreign, since Swedish cuisine is pretty limited. The best food for me comes from Asia, especially Thailand and Japan! I could honestly live on sushi, and we have a wonderful local Thai restaurant! Italian chicken pasta is also such a comfort food...
I'm a huge fan of Thai street foods. Glad you like thai foods too!

Reactions: Osse

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
ascii.garden
honestly, I'm not a picky person. I'm american, so very few of the foods I consume are actually 'american' in the modern sense. native american food is awesome but not common for me. the vast majority of the foods I eat are from other places, and that's honestly really exciting. here's a random list of things that occur to me off the top of my head
  • daifuku, specifically red bean daifuku. this is a japanese desert. it's so good
  • yakult. it's a probiotic, sweet drink. not sure how to describe it or even if I'd recommend it, lol, but it's very nostalgic. drank it sometimes in elementary/middle school. also japanese
  • there's a place across from my HS that makes a killer chicken shawarma. 10/10
  • indian butter chicken. enough said
  • schnitzel (austrian/german)
  • corned beef and cabbage may sound like a sad dish, but it's awesome. classic irish food
  • tacos
  • pad thai is awesome
  • paczkis (polish) on paczki day!!
  • also bagels have an americanized spin here but they're technically polish, so I gotta say it. fresh bagels are unparalleled. you got a warm bagel. you got some locks. you're golden. the best bagel place here would give me a free mini bagel when I was a kid. fond memories
food bridges cultures!

Reactions: Osse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)