• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What "Foreign" Foods do You Like?

Sep 21, 2019
Foreign meaning anything not native to your country! I thought it'd be fun to talk about the different foods we like from other parts of the world!

Firstly, I LOVE steamed gyoza. They're perfection and I will fight you if you say otherwise. >:)
Miso soup is also good when done by the right person!
Also, I tried some French donuts recently, but I cannot for the life of me remember what they were called. They had what I think consisted of the donuts, topped with blueberries, mint, and what I think was a mix of lemon flavor and cream cheese?

What are some of your favorite foreign foods?

Reactions: BambooGarden101

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
French croissants. I had the pleasure of having a handmade croissant during a layover in Paris on the way to Italy a few years back, and since then I just... I can't enjoy croissants anymore. Nothing else comes close.

• Love
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Sushi is one of my all time favorite foods, I have eating problems and sushi is one of those foods I can rely on.
I love ramen, both the real nice authentic restaurant kind and the cheap on the stove kind. (I don't like microwave ramen though)
I love Korean BBQ.
I loooove Pierogis. My great grandpa was from Poland and apparently I had real authentic Pierogies as a child but I have no memory of them...how sad akskd. I love the frozen kind though. I wish I remembered what a nice home made one tasted like :rikka_lili: :koharurikka_lili:
Nachos are like one of my favorite foods too.

D

Discounted account

I'm a Brit who love foods from Italy, Usa, Japan and China, as for Indian food in Uk, mostly made in UK.

• Love

IO+

Resonance47
Apr 22, 2021
Most of the food I eat is foreign, since Swedish cuisine is pretty limited. The best food for me comes from Asia, especially Thailand and Japan! I could honestly live on sushi, and we have a wonderful local Thai restaurant! Italian chicken pasta is also such a comfort food...
I'm a huge fan of Thai street foods. Glad you like thai foods too!

Reactions: ---

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
honestly, I'm not a picky person. I'm american, so very few of the foods I consume are actually 'american' in the modern sense. native american food is awesome but not common for me. the vast majority of the foods I eat are from other places, and that's honestly really exciting. here's a random list of things that occur to me off the top of my head
  • daifuku, specifically red bean daifuku. this is a japanese desert. it's so good
  • yakult. it's a probiotic, sweet drink. not sure how to describe it or even if I'd recommend it, lol, but it's very nostalgic. drank it sometimes in elementary/middle school. also japanese
  • there's a place across from my HS that makes a killer chicken shawarma. 10/10
  • indian butter chicken. enough said
  • schnitzel (austrian/german)
  • corned beef and cabbage may sound like a sad dish, but it's awesome. classic irish food
  • tacos
  • pad thai is awesome
  • paczkis (polish) on paczki day!!
  • also bagels have an americanized spin here but they're technically polish, so I gotta say it. fresh bagels are unparalleled. you got a warm bagel. you got some locks. you're golden. the best bagel place here would give me a free mini bagel when I was a kid. fond memories
food bridges cultures!

Reactions: ---

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)