• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What was the first vocal synth song you've ever listened to?

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
I guess it's Nyan Cat Momone Momo's version, but if not counting that then it's of course Miku Miku Nishite Ageru sung by Hatsune Miku. But Senbonzakura was the song that got me into vocaloid.

Last edited:
Reactions: sketchesofpayne
Sep 21, 2019
I'm fairly certain it was Ievan Polka because I distinctly remember the LoZ leek wave flipnote I found and really liked the song for whatever reason, haha. (I was a wee thing back then, don't judge my taste, haha.)
My first song with slight knowledge of vocal synths was either Kimagure Mercy or Hibikase (I remember telling a friend of mine that I can tell it's a Vocaloid and not a person because the Vocaloids "sound like they have autotune", haha.)
Though, the song that truly got me into vocal synths was Triple Baka--YouTube kept recommending it to me and it was a love at first sight when I finally watched it! (Though, ironically, Teto was the one who ended up selling me on vocal synths, not Miku, lol.)
(There was Nyan Cat as well, but I don't really count it since I never knew until I got into vocal synths that it was a vocal synth song.)

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Absolutely no idea what the first original song I heard was for sure (I want to say World is Mine but I have no idea why), but I'm pretty sure this video was the first usage I heard of Vocaloid. If I remember right I found it by accident when I was looking up Kagome Kagome after playing Fatal Frame XP

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
technically Ievan Polka was the first song i heard probably due to memes, but i was unaware due to the memes that it was vocaloid (as the videos used different characters and such). so id say the first song i heard knowing it was vocaloid and thinking "oh, what iss vocaloid?" was likely Romeo and Cinderella, which was a few years later. at least, its definitely the earliest memory i know i have of a vocaloid song in 2009 lol.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
I think the first song I ever listened to in passing as a kid was Triple Baka. The song that spurred me into becoming a dedicated fan of the music scene was probably Death Should Not Have Taken Thee.

Heruru Meruru

THE v@SHFUCKER Dearly Stars
A Hatsune Miku cover of All The Way from Kino's Journey. I didn't know it was Vocaloid or who that girl in the pigtails at the beginning was, I just loved the PV of chibi Kino and Shizu singing.

I actually don't remember what my first Vocaloid original song was, but I do remember listening to Suger Chocolate Waffle a lot.

Dakuwux

IDK how to music
Aug 4, 2021
Spain
I’m sure it was this video but this is a reupload by the official Miku YouTube account, I don’t remember how I end at this video on YT at all, what I remember was a new in TV talking about a “virtual diva” but that was years prior to me getting in the fandom.

AmazingStrange39

Miku-Avanna-Gumi enthusiast
May 23, 2019
Actually, it might have been Torinoko City because it was the first song playing in an old "Who Is Hatsune Miku?" video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)