• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

What's That Song?

polyphonicprairies

master procrastinator
hello again!
i'm looking for what i believe to be a vocaloid song, it sounds pretty vocaloid-like to me.
i don't know the singer.
it's a creepy-ish song and i can't remember much about it but i've been seeing it in edits of the horror series the walten files recently.
all i can describe is one part the singer just goes "aaaaaaaa, [short pause] aaaaaaaaa, [short pause] AAAAAAAA" in a rising tone.
if i had a functional microphone i'd hum it, but i don't.

i did have a link to it at some point but i left the server the link was in.
i can barely remember the thumbnail. yellow-ish white background with red bits and a girl with pink hair.. sitting?
judging by the voice and girl in the thumbnail it could've been luka, one part sounds like luka, but the screaming part doesn't really sound like luka to me.

i do have a link to a tiktok comp with a tiktok in it that used the song, but i'm not sure if i can link it since the series it covers, the walten files, is pretty dark.. message me if you want it i guessss???
UPDATEE!! i've found it by checking a desciption of a twf comp!

it is a luka song, like i thought! i've saved it to my watch later and vocaloid playlist so i don't lose it again.

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217

deannigans

Project: DIVA Master
Dec 23, 2021
Hello hello!

I am desperately searching for this one Hatsune Miku song that I loved back in late 2000s/early 2010s; I have no trace of the YouTube video now since it's been so long and I no longer have access to the account I watched it on. It was an upbeat, cheery tune in (I think) the key of C. The instrumental itself sounds somewhat childlike in a way, if you know what I mean by that. There was no PV or anything, but the artwork was Miku sitting on what I'm remembering as a bunch of colorful blocks (could be pixels, could be blocks, not 100% sure). I remember the melody and everything:

Chorus melody (click "play") - Virtual Piano | The Best Online Keyboard with Songs Everyone Can Play
Verse melody (click "play") - Virtual Piano | The Best Online Keyboard with Songs Everyone Can Play

The title of the YouTube video was all in Japanese so I have no idea what it was---I think I tried to translate it on Google once and it had something to do with "wander" or "wandering." The video itself was from one of those Nico Nico Douga re-upload accounts (I'm pretty sure the username was "Vocaloid2HatsuneMiku" or something like that) that is most likely non-existent now, either that or you'd have to do a ton of digging to unearth it. Not sure, though---I know things on the internet tend to live forever! LOL

If anyone has any lead whatsoever on what this song could be, you would literally be my knight in shining armor. I've been trying to find this song since at least 2015, and it's been driving me crazy as of late after my debacle came up in conversation recently. Thanks so much in advance!!!

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
ok finally got to this thread, i keep forgetting to some here and actually post the song im thinking of.

i used to listen to it a lot on YT and i just cant remember enough about the name to know what it was and no searches come up for it. It was a some using Luo Tianyi. it was from quite a few years ago and it was a pretty sad toned song. the art included a little girl (designed off Luo) carrying a stuffed animal for a lot of it. i think the title had something to do with the stuffed animal (a rabbit?) or something, and the lyrics im pretty sure had to just to do with losing someone (i think the song implied a parent perhaps). this song was mostly very soft with a paino i think. it was not fast faced at all.

i feel like i must not be typing in the right key words for this song to come up, or maybe it was on an english translator's page that has since been taken down? but i dont think it was that unknown and id like to find it again! i just dont know enough words to find it by title alone but id know the PV the momet i saw it.

odoreorchestra

New Fan
Jan 19, 2022
hi!! i'm looking for a song for a friend. she told me she found it in primary school but can't seem to find it now. she described the song as being very soft, like a children's song, with a video that had the cryptonloids + she's not sure but gumi and gakupo might have also been there. she said the video was basically the vocaloids drawing as child versions of themselves, and then they grow up and the older versions of themselves talk to the child versions. also there was a train somewhere i think. i thought yumeyume might've been it but turns out it wasn't. she also mentioned that connecting by halyosy reminds her of it but isn't exactly it. also, the original video she watched had spanish subtitles if that's of any help! thank you

Josh Kouki

Merely a person.
Aug 10, 2021
Anywhere

Hello hello!

I am desperately searching for this one Hatsune Miku song that I loved back in late 2000s/early 2010s; I have no trace of the YouTube video now since it's been so long and I no longer have access to the account I watched it on. It was an upbeat, cheery tune in (I think) the key of C. The instrumental itself sounds somewhat childlike in a way, if you know what I mean by that. There was no PV or anything, but the artwork was Miku sitting on what I'm remembering as a bunch of colorful blocks (could be pixels, could be blocks, not 100% sure). I remember the melody and everything:

Chorus melody (click "play") - Virtual Piano | The Best Online Keyboard with Songs Everyone Can Play
Verse melody (click "play") - Virtual Piano | The Best Online Keyboard with Songs Everyone Can Play

The title of the YouTube video was all in Japanese so I have no idea what it was---I think I tried to translate it on Google once and it had something to do with "wander" or "wandering." The video itself was from one of those Nico Nico Douga re-upload accounts (I'm pretty sure the username was "Vocaloid2HatsuneMiku" or something like that) that is most likely non-existent now, either that or you'd have to do a ton of digging to unearth it. Not sure, though---I know things on the internet tend to live forever! LOL

If anyone has any lead whatsoever on what this song could be, you would literally be my knight in shining armor. I've been trying to find this song since at least 2015, and it's been driving me crazy as of late after my debacle came up in conversation recently. Thanks so much in advance!!!
Think anything like this?

Reactions: Althea

JustPassingBy

New Fan
Aug 21, 2022
This song MV is about two people fighting with forks, there is also cow heads, i don’t remember anything else sadly :(
4FE1ED58-3181-41E5-8F6D-FB3F34DE362A.jpegAE148394-AFD2-4CB4-A5C3-E1699313198B.jpeg

Sep 15, 2022
ok so i just remembered this song and i know how it goes but i cannot think of the name of it at all
i know its sung by rin and len and its definitely on the older and more underrated/unknown side (at least for the general vocaloid community it is) and it starts out with the classic kabuki "yoooo" but like specifically the one in "SAMURAI GHOST GIRL, KILL! KILL!"
and then its very fast-paced and uses what sounds like Japanese instruments

i know some of the lyrics but not perfectly and they're in Japanese ofc so what i will describe is just what i remember so its probably not accurate (the dashes are words i cannot remember)

kuru te itedai- --- ---- a wanaii
kuru le tadadashi aii ----- saa
an mo kaaa (long note with fast music behind it)

the above part is sung by len and his voice is quite deep and sharp and that is how rins voice sounds in this song as well
i know the tune but i obviously cannot describe it here- although i could figure out the notes and put them here if i figure it out on the piano sorta
but yeah trying to find this song is driving me crazy so please reply if you know it

Althea

Entering the SynthV world
Dec 7, 2022
Alright, I remember a song that I found about 7 or 8 years ago (around 2012-2013) and that I have been looking for these last years. I don't remember the rhythm at all but I remember well what the song and the PV was about...
This may be controversial lol, but I need to testify that was something that my eyes saw and not something that I imagined in my mind when I was a child, because that would be unbelievable.

I remember it was from Kagamine Len and he sang about
giving himself pleasure (you know Len lol)
(i don't know what i was watching then lmao) while eating potatoes and cleaning himself with Kleenex. That may sound crazy but the lyrics was about that.
Maybe it's neither sung by Kagamine Len nor from VOCALOID, but believe that the voice in that video it was so much similar to Len voice and it was in japanese.

I saw it on YouTube
(I clarify, the PV did not have anything explicit, it was only the hints to that in the lyrics).
I need to find that video to verify that I did not imagine it lmao, please believe me...:arsloid_lili::kaito_lili:

Sep 15, 2022
i dont know if its possible to find a song just based off of the image used in the youtube video but theres this older miku song that i had on a playlist that i lost but i loved it i remember…
the yt video was just a static image the whole video and it was a black and white drawing of miku in a dress sortof in motion but her hair was in color …. thats all i can remember
its not a ton to go off of but if anyone knows what im talking abt id love to find the song again

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
If you can remember what voicebank(s) this used, that might help? If you don't know, maybe if you know around what year this was, that could be a clue (based on which banks were released at what point in time).

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
ok finally got to this thread, i keep forgetting to some here and actually post the song im thinking of.

i used to listen to it a lot on YT and i just cant remember enough about the name to know what it was and no searches come up for it. It was a some using Luo Tianyi. it was from quite a few years ago and it was a pretty sad toned song. the art included a little girl (designed off Luo) carrying a stuffed animal for a lot of it. i think the title had something to do with the stuffed animal (a rabbit?) or something, and the lyrics im pretty sure had to just to do with losing someone (i think the song implied a parent perhaps). this song was mostly very soft with a paino i think. it was not fast faced at all.

i feel like i must not be typing in the right key words for this song to come up, or maybe it was on an english translator's page that has since been taken down? but i dont think it was that unknown and id like to find it again! i just dont know enough words to find it by title alone but id know the PV the momet i saw it.
OH MY GODDD I FOUND IT........ and its so funny how i did

so i have an original story called "Cryptolalia" and i was going to go find the wikipedia to check the etymology again. one of the top results was this fucking song. i know i got the word from somewhere for my story and yet i completely forgot it was THIS song lmao.... after all these years

its "ragdoll Cryptolalia" which definitely points to my thought of it having to do with a doll in the name.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
This one is a long shot: I know the song, I even have the old Soundcloud link, but the track was taken down and I never thought to save it, so I thought I'd come here and see if anyone had it.

It's a Bones cover of that Bendy and the Ink Machine song, The Devil's Swing. I quite liked it. There is a capture on Wayback Machine but the page never loads for me :(

https:// soundcloud .com/na4a4a/alterego-bones-bendy-and-the-ink-machine-fandroid-cover

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
So glad this thread exists I was going to make an entire new thread for a song I was looking for 😭❤

I also have a lost Alter/Ego song, a cover of Creep-P’s “Love” that was actually a demo for a planned voicebank that never released (Tera Eleki)
https://m.soundcloud(dot)com/giraffe-kun/alterego-teasertera-eleki-creep-p

Also, A Miriam song with lyrics along the lines of “Lasting under and inside, burning my hard drive”, 90% sure I found it on Soundcloud. Maybe it’s an English version of a Japanese song but I think the description said it was an original IDK. and an english GUMI song with a telephone theme and samples, lyrics "...by myself alone again", art was monochrome (all green + black lineart thumbnail) This is "Busy Signal" by strovi!

Last edited:

Vector

Passionate Fan
Mar 6, 2022
Here's one that's been bothering me for like half a year. I've heard it a couple of anime-and-vocaloid-adjacent events now but don't recognize it, and it definitely sounds like Kagamine Rin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)