• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Where do you primarily listen to music?

How do you primarily listen to music?

• YouTube (the website)

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • YouTube Music (the streaming service)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pandora

• Soundcloud

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Apple Music

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Amazon Music

• Nico Nico Douga

• BilliBilli

• Spotify

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Digital Download Purchases

• Physical Copy Purchases

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I used to use YouTube for all of my music listening, but recently I switched to Spotify because I had a 6 month free trial. I've actually come to really enjoy Spotify's features, but I've also come to realize a lot of lesser known musicians/international musicians are less likely to share on there, and more likely to post on YouTube or Spotify or the such. So now I'm wondering which one I wanna primarily use hmmm. And then I started wondering what other people primarily use. So I figured it's poll time!
Also, I'm not too well versed on different streaming services so there's probably a lot of big names missing lol. So please let me know what I missed (does iTunes fall under "digital download purchases" or is that like?? a streaming service?? im not much of an apple product user so idk)
Also this poll is for the option you use MOST, I use multiple of these and I'm sure y'all do too but I wanted to narrow it down to the one you say you'd go to most often.

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I download mp3s onto my phone and listen to them there
I absolutely despise streaming services for how limited they are, and this way i have more freedom of HOW i listen to music and WHEN i listen to music

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
I mostly use spotify when I wanna listen to albums (and to show off my exquisite taste on discord 😆), but use YouTube when listening to the singles—So… I guess I mostly use Spotify!

i also have a huge collection of digital download files, but they’re not as convenient to listen to when i’m doing stuff.

sapplerx

+-=÷x
Dec 26, 2020
United States
I use:
Youtube
Spotify
Last.FM
Soundcloud

I also used to own a digital download of Taylor Swift's folklore but the computer that had it broke :kaito_lili:

As of now I mostly use Spotify and Last.FM to stream my music

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
CDs, Niconico, Sonoca and Youtube.

For listening enjoyment CDs are still the best option, the audio quality is leagues above that of streaming services. I tried Spotify once but I hated it, at least the free version was infuriating with it's ads, miscrediting and so on.
Also to me the physical aspect matters, instead of buying only digital files you get an actual item. And more importantly, I have a long commute and a large part of my music listening takes place in the car, which only takes CDs, there's no way to connect phone or any other device to my car's audio system.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
most from CD (and then MP3/FLAC files ripped from the CDs)
in case that song is not available on CD, I usually use Mora.jp ^^

is a buy/download service from Sony Japan and it has a rich catalogue, is the perfect choice for Vocaloid and J-pop songs for example. What I love most about Mora is its DRM-free policy, in fact you can download all the purchased songs and listen to them on any device you want with no worries. Also, the songs are in Hi-Res audio format with top level quality ^-^

also Sonoca, NicoNico (most for songs not yet available for purchase), piapro :miku_ani_lili:

like hamano said, CDs are the best options because you really own that album, is perfect for collection and you can rip it anytime you want, and you choose the quality of the audio file, you can have a normal MP3 or a lossless FLAC. the CD is forever yours<3

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I get some music from official CDs and rip them to my PC. Most other stuff I get from YouTube and convert them and import them just the same.

I actually have a massive iTunes libary that is very well tagged and taken care of, expanded all the way from like 15 years ago. Even though nobody uses iTunes anymore especially for offline purposes, at this point my library is so massive I can never switch xd Also I am happy with it anyway, no reason to switch.
So yeah, that's how I listen to my Miku (and other stuff). Also, I sync it with my Android phone and lisen to the same library on the go.
So yeah, all offline, that's how I like my music. I'm traditional in that way.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
A mixture of YouTube, offline digital files and CDs ripped to my laptop. I don't see the appeal in Spotify (online connection needed, plus ads on the standard version). I'm an old fart who still uses an iPod - in fact, it's my favourite way to listen to albums, aside from playing the actual CD. YouTube is my main hub for singles, but it's unstable because videos sometimes go down. (Curse you, copyright guardians!) So sometimes, I just grab offline copies, especially if the song is particularly rare.

Sep 21, 2019
Generally, I use YouTube since there's lots of vocal synth content on there and I like to keep it in one big playlist. My ultimate preference would be to purchase the albums I like so I can have a physical item and rip the songs in whatever format I'd like, but when you like lots of music and producers and live outside Japan it gets... very expensive. orz
Also, I'm with Hamano in that Spotify is mildly infuriating to use--especially for vocal synth stuff since it's plagued with incorrect credits and there seems to be no consitency with titles (do I search the Japanese title, the romaji title, the mistranlsated English title... what?)

Reactions: kozet

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Also, I'm with Hamano in that Spotify is mildly infuriating to use--especially for vocal synth stuff since it's plagued with incorrect credits and there seems to be no consitency with titles (do I search the Japanese title, the romaji title, the mistranlsated English title... what?)
it depends on what the creator puts it as, so most often its the japanese title ive found.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)