• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Who would You Like to Voice a Synth?

Sep 21, 2019
Personally I'd love it Reol, Giga, and Kradness voiced vocaloids. They have such good voices, so if they voiced a Vocaloid or any other synth, I'd be buying that asap! XD
(Also, if Jubyphonic or Rachie voiced a synth, I'd be down with that, too!)

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
For me I'm hoping __ (Underbar) would voice as the Vocaloid/other synthesizers version of himself.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I agree with a big American singer! There are a lot of interesting voices out there that’d be nice to see.
Personally, I would love to see a voice like Shakira voice a Vocaloid, not only because she’s one of my favorite artists. She just has such a distinct tone, not to mention her language capabilities

I think Circus could make a nice male Engloid for a softer, more mature-ish male voice. I also just really enjoy his tone.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I still stand by the idea that we need a mid-range feminine vocal that's more tuned to modern pop music. Closest we have is Daina, but she's more soulful and husky. Ruby was meant to be that as well but she comes off as more nasally and cutesy. A voice like Adele or Ellie Goulding is sorely needed I think. The closest we have to that voice type is Luka.
I agree about Circus making a male vocaloid being a cool idea though! (But I'm also selfish and would like more baritone/bass vocals)

___

Oct 8, 2019
Besides the vps of my favorite utaus even tho I think vocaloid needs more strong english voicebanks I would still like to see Princess Chelsea record a voicebank because her voice is nice and would sound lovely in the editor in my opinion.

Also vocaloid needs Akasaki Minato-esque voicebank :p

There's another singer I'd like to vocie a voicebank but if I mentioned her I think her fans would crucify me if they ever found this thread lol.

Last edited:

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
I think it'd be really cool if Casey Lee Williams voiced a vocaloid! I think we need more english vocals that can easily change styles like her voice

Here is a pretty good example

Overcast Immortal

Budding producer
Dec 4, 2018
USA
www.youtube.com
I considered making a thread like this. My first choice is Kurt Cobain. Obviously it can't be done now, but I really appreciate how he mumbled and slurred his bizarre lyrics. Combined with the Vocaloid engine being hard to understand, this might make the hardest Vocaloid to understand, which is something I can get behind.

My second choice would be Candice Clot from Eths, whose death growls are the most demonic I've ever heard, even beyond Angela Gossow, yet she has a sweet singing voice.

My third choice would be Sophia, most famous for her work with Blood Stain Child. Her singing can be exceptionally powerful, and has a rather mature timbre.

My wild card choice would be Axl Rose. It would be amusing. It could even be great, but it would definitely be amusing.

Reactions: TheStarPalace
Sep 21, 2019

Caize

New Fan
Dec 1, 2019
imogen heap! while she's not one of my favorite artists, she has a few songs i really like. there's a certain unique tone as well as notes of maturity and androgyny in her voice that i really like. it's a beautiful mix of soft and strong and her singing carries a lot of emotion. emotion wouldn't necessarily be carried over to a synth but it's part of her voice's appeal to me. she also reminds me of miriam in a way, partly because of sound and partly because of personal associations.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
Mikutan/Jessica Nash needs to be made into a vocaloid her voice is strong and deep and something missing in English vocaloids.
Mikutan voice sample

Also I would love a demo studio singer that's maybe not a pop star but has that general tone like Ester Deen something really focused on the U.S. radio sound. That could be used in the song writing process.

Last edited:

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
I know my idea is a bit of a way off concept and it would be a bit difficult to pull off seeing who would be the ones to making them.

I was thinking thinking of another pairing like Dex and Daina made by two different voicers, but not a pairing of banks made by a singer voicer (like the Kagamines, Anon/Kanon and the Meikas).

The first voice of that pairing would be Reol and the second voice of that pairing would be Hayley Williams. A pair of aggressive as hell female singers with rich tomboyish tones that still manage to sound young & feminine. Even with that in common, Reol has a powerful yet flexible head voice and Hayley has a chest voice that can pretty much tackle any genre. I had to think of singers who would compliment each other instead of clashing with each other (thinking back to Hayley's duet with Taylor Swift where Hayley easily overpowered Taylor's voice haha), but singers who can also easily stand on their own.

I was thinking it's unlikely that a new Gumi bank will be coming out anytime soon going by Internet's comments, Flower's voicer not exactly having the best english proficiency according to Gynoid along with Meika Mikoto and Haruno Sora will be tied up with Yamaha's platforms for years would leave these kind of voices missing for a long time in the english market. Those two singers could fill in that gap pretty damn well.

But realistically I think getting either one of those two involved in a project like that is unlikely. Reol is a very well known person in the utaite scene so she must've turned down a few offers already. Hayley is even more unlikely than Reol to take a deal like that. Maybe if it was a few years ago, Hayley might have considered it but it seems like she's not going to be active in music anymore focusing all her energy into her hair dye company. Not 100% sure if all of that has to do with her depression and/or the straight up disgust she has for her fans that grew over many years, so selling a product that made from her voice to her fans would probably not be all that appealing to her. Hayley working alongside with Reol would be even less likely than that if she sees several similar traits she got noticed for in Reol and bring back memories she does not care for (short singers with powerful voices who also have a ton of on stage charisma with unusual fashion senses who had at one time had a falling out with their high school friends/bandmates).

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
We're definitely missing something big. A female English singer that nails the tone of most English speaking popstars. Fairly deep, often husky, powerful and with a distinct edge. Lots have already been mentioned (Kesha, Lady Gaga, Sia, Adele), there's also Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Pink...

But most of the recent English synths - Eleanor, Cyber Diva, Ruby - sound quite high pitched and seem have become more childlike in the recording process. I wonder if it's harder to synthesise altos? Regardless, I'm seconding all deep pop voicetypes!

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I think it has to do with the Japanese market higher pitch influence because all the English vocaloid before sonika where more naturally deeper

They also edited Eleanor voice to make her sound like her design. Beta Eleanor sounded a lot different more natural in my opinion

Listen to Believe - Synth V by Blancanegra on #SoundCloud

Last edited:
Reactions: lIlI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)