• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Wholesome Vocaloid/Vocal Synth Moments/Experiences

Sep 21, 2019
What are some wholesome vocal synth related experiences you all have had?

One of my favorite moments was when I was rigging a Miku mmd model and my Dad saw her and nicknamed her "Lady Leeks" because according to him she looks kinda like that statue of liberty but with leeks, lol. He then proceeded to nickname the rest of the Vocaloid I showed him. Meiko is "Diva Princess", Len is "Barry", Rin is "Alien eyes" aka "Barry's sister", Luka is "Madam Darth" because she apparently reminded him of Darth Vader, and Kaito is "Pirate Blue".
(Also, he really likes the song Hibikase and won't stop asking me to play it, please send help. This is not a drill, I've created a monster. XD)

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Growing up, I'd find Vocaloid songs I loved on YouTube and burn them to CDs. I had around fifteen probably illegal, in hindsight Vocaloid Mixtapes, and my dad was always happy to listen to them. Ah, It's a Wonderful Cat Life! was his favorite. He even (kinda) learned the lyrics to the first chorus.

He's also been a major supporter since I've gotten into actually using vocalsynths. He's always happy to sit and listen to the stuff I make and gives me feedback on what he likes. (He's a singer - like, he could easily become a major name in Southern Gospel if he pursued it - so he knows what he's talking about.) I love my mom, but she's always made fun of my love of... well, everything, especially Vocaloid, but my dad's been nurturing and supporting that love for the past decade, and he's a big part of the reason I work as hard at it as I do.

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
I had this Pocket Pop Miku keychain back in middle school. One day in 8th grade, her head came off, and I decided to bury it under a tree outside the school (god knows why I went with it lol). Anyway, I had this friend who was also my crush at the time, and he wanted to help me with the little "funeral" I was putting together. He had no knowledge on who or what Miku is, but he was willing to learn about her. He did a little doodle of a leek for the grave as well as offering to play a sad Miku song at the funeral. Even though I don't talk to him anymore, I always like to remember that time.

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217 and ___

sunsun-o

Add sunthing ー☆
Jan 22, 2020
I don`t know if this is wholesome, but I wanna add some of my happy memories to this post.

I started to use youtube when I was 10 as a distraction. I had recently left all my childhood friends behind, in this new school I was bullied and humiliated by my classmates, most of the friends I made left me behind, and at home I never had anyone to play or talk to. So I always felt abandoned and stuff, it was during this time that I discovered Hatsune Miku and co and, gosh didn`t they help me feel sooo much better. Even thought I wasn`t talking with any of them, just listening to their voices, their fun interactions and their funny songs, helped me cope with some of those feelings of emptiness. One of the songs that really leaves me emotional is Melt. I loved it because it sounded like a christmas song(lol), and christmas was the only period that I never really felt lonely, so this song would always leave me with a warm feel of comfort that made me much happier. Even in recent years I still use vocaloid to cope with my anxiety so yah. Kind of a cliche story but oh well, I really wanted to share it :miku_winter_lili:

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
When I was in high school I was known for my attachment to Miku. Basically it started as a joke between my friend and I, but it caught on and I was known by a lot of people for being a "crazy obsessed miku fan" (even though when you get into it, she's not even in my top 10 favorite vocaloids lol). I'm sure to some people it seemed cringey, but I thought it was fun so I went with it. I drew Miku on all my papers, I made my senior quote related to Miku, on 3/9 I handed out chocolate to my friends to celebrate Miku day. It was a good time.
People would actually start buying me Miku things when they saw them, so I got posters, stickers, notebooks, calendars, keychains, and a selfie stick all as gifts because Miku reminded people of me. It made me really happy that they associated Miku with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)