• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Why did you buy the vocaloids you have?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Aah, gotcha! Did you find a way to work around her "r"s? I realize that engloids with japanese accent might have rather soft "r"s but Nana is on whole new level!

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
This is a general statement for my vocaloid purchases I love vocaloid and my native language is English so I buy all of the English vocaloids there are few I'm missing like big Al and sonika but it's my general reason why.

:lola_lili::miriam_lili::prima_lili::luka_lili::gumi_lili::meiko_lili::oliver_lili::miku_lili::avanna_lili::yohioloid_smile_lili::cyberdiva_lili::ruby_smile_lili::dex_lili::daina_lili::fukase_lili::cybersongman_lili::amy_lili::chris_lili:

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
If I’m completely honest, most of the Vocaloids I own are just having liked their voices or wanted the update.

The ones that were special to me, however:
Lil V3: My first Vocaloid. I struggled a lot deciding my first Vocaloid and I finally opted to get Lily because I loved her voice and not many people had her.

Gumi English/IA/Miku V3: I got all these because they were my other potential first VBs and I wanted to have them.
For IA, she’s one of my top 5 too so I especially wanted her. And IA English was a huge impulse buy

Otomachi Una: Una was a super special one because she was the first Vocaloid I bought at release! I was one of the few that adored her at her announcement and really believed in her (I might’ve been the most hopeful person in her thread on VocaloidOtaku when she first released haha), and I was nust so overly excited about her and impulse bought her on release day. I wanted to pre-order her but I had zero experience buying overseas at the time, so the frustration of trying to figure out Internet Co is why I just got her on release day.

Yuezheng Ling: My favorite Chinese VB, I bought her solely because I adored her V3 box, and liked how it was different thab all the other VSingers so I wanted to get that box before she was updated and got the same style as all the others

Luka V4X/Sonika: gifts from friends and family! I especially loved Luka because she gave me the tools to finally make original music easier

I can’t think of any others that were particularly special, but I have bought...a lot of Vocaloids in my time.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Una was a super special one because she was the first Vocaloid I bought at release! I was one of the few that adored her at her announcement and really believed in her (I might’ve been the most hopeful person in her thread on VocaloidOtaku when she first released haha
Were people really that skeptical of Una before her release?

___

Oct 8, 2019
Aah I see, it is true that newer vocaloids usually don't become popular but I don't think it's odd that she became popular. She is objectively good voicebank that's very versatile, has a vocie-type that's very well liked and was developed by popular company that heavily advertised her plus she has a talkloid vociebank too which only helps her case.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Because newer vocaloid don't tend to be popular and she's getting more songs than v flower and Luka and is the 5th most popular vocaloid last year it's kinda amazing
I thought she wasn't that popular in the Western fandom at least until a bunch of people on here told me she was. :tongue: Since I mainly follow electronic Vocaloid music and all the Vocaloid YT channels I follow keep dying (I don't have a Niconico account), I'm always out of loop as to which Vocaloids and songs are popular.

Since I don't own any Vocaloids, I'll just slip away from this thread. I will say it's too expensive a program for a non-musician fan to own. There's no point in me owning, say, Miku when I can barely understand different tones and keys.

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
In terms of original songs and content, Una is doing pretty well in the Japanese fandom, Kurage-P made all those hits with her and now we have Kinoshita and Carlos Hakamada among others who regularly use her. New Japanese vocaloids don't really become a huge hit in the western fandom anymore it seems like (except for Fukase)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Ah, I unintentionally started this but, please make sure the thread stays on topic! You can discuss this in a new thread or in PMs!

//To answer though, I know a lot of people weren't into her because she was “another generic cute vocal that sohnded like Rin and had a bad design”. Ivremember mentioning to someone after her release she’d probably get more popular later because she released only a month before Miku’s birthday so she was overwritten, but people told me she just wasn’t memorable or unique. As for her popularity, likely just very good marketing—she had more marketing than most recent Vocaloids.

And I’ll get back on tooic by adding others I thought of:
Miku V4X/Kagamine V4X I bought on release just out of excitement, especially for their new English VBs

Yuki V4: I got her in a group buy during AHS’ big sale at New Years! One of my favorites, but it was kinda impulsive because I got her at a good price
I got Galaco that exact same way...impulse buying for good deals

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
Luka is my fave and I bought her V4 box version in Japan. Got her tax free for roughly 130€. She's also my very first Vocaloid VB purchase.

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
In terms of original songs and content, Una is doing pretty well in the Japanese fandom, Kurage-P made all those hits with her and now we have Kinoshita and Carlos Hakamada among others who regularly use her. New Japanese vocaloids don't really become a huge hit in the western fandom anymore it seems like (except for Fukase)
If that's the case, then what about both Meika Hime and Meika Mikoto?

___

Oct 8, 2019
I think they're doing pretty okay, honestly if a vocaloid has also a talkloid voicebank it's safe to assume they're most likely doing good because talkloids are popular in Japan ( ofc there are exceptions like Zunko but she can't be doing that bad seeing as she got V4 update ).

Either way, I also have the 4 V5 starters but the reason why I got them isn't very exciting as you probably already have figured out. But I'm glad to have all of them and Ken and Kaori are very nice to work with. Ken is probably my favorite male vocaloid and I like deep-toned female vocals as I have previously stated so I'm also fond of Kaori.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)