• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

A.I.VOICE (AITalk5) General News

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I woke up and remembered that if Tomoe gets an A.I.VOICE, then it will be compatible with Kotonosync and Kotonotone, so we could make her sing.
Mmm... imagine Tomoe's new voicebank duetting with Maki’s SynthV... that would be beautiful and almost poetic, I feel. In spite of unexpected hiccups, synths, and life, move on. I’m not all too attached to Tomoe, but put like that I’d 100% buy her AI Voice! :lapis_ani_lili: :kanon_lili:

And now I ship them. 😂

___

Oct 8, 2019
Looks like AHS spoke up about the situation? at least that's what I get from the machine translator hgfds

edit: but after skimming through it, it appears they're mostly clearing up things for the people who didn't know about the problems with her agency and are trying to clear their name

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I saw a comment from the voice provider of Tsuina-chan + Ichiru (Voidol) encouraging Tomoe by saying she's done voices for more than one synth and to make as many cute voices as she wants.
When I think about it, Koiwai Kotori has been the VP for Vocaloids, Voidol, Neutrino.
But none of them have the controversy attached + 3 companies being involved (AHS, AI Inc, her handlers who declined the collab for a Maki remake).

I think AHS was a bit vague, but they explained about having to make the decision to switch voice providers + said Tomoe's new bank would preserve her voice differently due to the new technology.
I kind of hope we get more of an explanation from either AI Inc or AHS during one of their live streams or a news post. But it looks like the only ones standing in the way of this project being completed would be angered fans.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Noticed they updated their demos to include labeling that Nozomi and Seiji have "DNN compatible" labels by their names. If you check mark DNN音声辞書を利用する, it uses their AI dictionary.
Scroll on this page:

AI Inc released AITalk5 micro, which is their deep-learning TTS but for Android and iOS.
Press release: エーアイ、組み込み用小型音声合成SDK 「AITalk®5 micro」新発売開始
Two audio clips: (Click the red サンプル音声 buttons)

By the way, I made a thread with a video and review of AITalk Web Yomishokunin and compared it to VOICEROID/A.I.VOICE + explained AI Inc's explanation of how TTS is used to make text-media more accessible to people (the aged, those with dyslexia, trouble reading, etc):

Reactions: Leon and CdrSonan

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Users will be able to buy Yuzuru and the Kotonohas from DLsite in a few hours:

Also, I changed the name of this thread.

Reactions: CdrSonan

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Tomoe did a live stream talking about the results of the survey:

I'll watch it and add notes, I guess.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
There were a whopping 7,370 respondents. Tomoe thanked everyone many times and even made a toast.

op1.png
There were about 5,000 written responses on the survey.
The survey basically had 3 options (make a commercial product, make it for a limited amount of people, or don't make it), but it ended up just becoming a yes or no opinion.
People thinking of Tsurumaki Maki as a Voiceroid (TTS software) VS Tsurumaki Maki is a character that includes her voice (if it's not Tomoe's voice, it's not Maki!!)
Whichever is fine VS This voice is absolutely no good = absolutely incompatible!!!

op2.png
However, both groups had an agreement (both groups as in "make a new character" vs "don't make a new character"). They don't want to fight with people who disagree.
There were opinions on doing what she wants because she's free to, opinions based on a business point of view. She even mentioned it was amazing that opinions from overseas Voiceroid fans were submitted. There were a small handful of people very angry about the company they didn't like (AHS or AI Inc).

Gonna split this post cause my computer's getting wonky.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
op3.png
Some respondents wondered why they made the survey. (She was really torn and didn't want to make people mad by making a voice bank.)
Some said it was fine because she's a voice actor/it's work, she should make a Tammy A.I.VOICE or some other character if she wants to.
Tomoe admitted that various things were decided while she was unaware. It made her sad and she thought everyone else must have been as well. It turned out that this was the general consensus of feelings from the survey.
Voice actors change during anime or for stage dramas.

op4.png
Orange = 327 people wanted them to sell the new A.I.VOICE to a limited number of people
Grey = 253 didn't want her to make/sell a voice
Blue = 6,790 people want an A.I.VOICE
She knows a lot of people replying to the survey are Tammy fans, so having an A.I.VOICE will increase her number of fans.

op5.png
Opinions for wanting an A.I.VOICE = Upgrade to her voice software is desired since Maki was made so long ago, want more choices of voices of voice types for TTS (even if not a fan of Maki), Tomoe's voice is easy to listen to.
Mentioned AHS's Tomo writing on Twitter that more variety is good.
People said they want to use her voice for videos/streams.

Just wanted to mention that she sounds a lot happier/confident in this video compared to the original one.

I need a break from writing this, will check out the other half of the video later.
:ring_ani_lili:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I wonder if AI Inc will know based on the feedback from the Tomoe survey how many foreigners are interested in A.I.VOICE, since she mentioned getting messages from them. I really hope that we are able to buy the English/Chinese voices in December and not AFTER December because I am dying of curiosity about them.

CdrSonan

Passionate Fan
Sep 12, 2019
I doubt they will give too much weight to the survey itself since (I assume) Tomoe didn't mention how many of the replies came from overseas
But still, more exposure can only be good, and it should make the AiVoice staff think more about the English voices

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
PowerPoint revealed that singing software for A.I.VOICE is coming in December 2021 along with English and Chinese speech banks.

Consumer products (Kantan!, VOICEROID, A.I.VOICE) make up 10~15% of sales, they are aiming for 20%. Cumulative sales for consumer licenses = more than 60,000.

They are aiming for multilingual development + creation of new markets + want to make new characters.

Source:

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
20210715_AIVOICE.png

The next update for A.I.VOICE will be available on July 21st. Details will be explained during the next live stream.

Instead of having to register tuning to the phrase dictionary per word, you will be able to save sentences to a List file, which helps make the creation of dialogues between characters faster.

The tuning interface has improved. You can now copy existing words & register them with different tuning. You can now edit the pronunciation of chou-on (meaning "long sound symbols": For example はあ/haa/ハー/HAA or へい/hei/ヘー/HEE), which will be easy to select due to automatic suggestions. VOICEROID2 data & A.I.VOICE data (voice preset files & user dictionary files) will now be able to be converted for use between both software, which links the software together.

Source: エーアイ、「A.I.VOICE™」バージョンアップ版をリリース ~UI・「VOICEROID®2」 連携を強化~

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I like Yukari's shirt - it takes me back to the early 2010s, when all the hipsters would wear quirky button-ups like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)