• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other ACE Virtual Singer Discussion Thread

What is your favorite ACE vocal?

• Xiao Ye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xiao Tian

• Xiao Mo

• AC Niang

• Xiao Jiu Xian

• Chu Ci

• Huo Lian

• Yun Hao

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Yi Shiqi

• Li Yuan

• Dalala

• Qi Xuan

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Tohoku Kiritan (Upcoming)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Luan Ming

• Tu Yuan

• Chang Ge

• Que He

• Wen Li

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Ace was updated and they have added an “Acapella Converter” feature, which lets u to convert an acapella into a midi with lyrics (tbh when I first heard of v6’s vocalo changer I though it’d be smt like that). It seems like some of the icons for some vbs were also updated. I’ll say each ones were updated sometime later
E057199A-9A0B-416E-BE68-8F9B046ABD38.jpeg

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
Qi Xuan, Huo Lian, Wen Li, Xiao Ye, Xiao Mo, and Yun Hao have had their icons updated, but they were clearly generated using AI so... yeah lol

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Here are the icons that were updated.

Xiao Ye and Xiao Mo

751e5a76ff6cda538021942aa7bcc28f.png038df454c6fa70596327ed593803689c.png
Huo Lian and Qi Xian
382cbb1fbcb3c167e2d6eaa90ed0d520.png050b9bbf4d5b2e5ed9eb2166193a1fce.png
Yun Hao and Wen Li
3f0b0396ea550d8747f62d1a8a40fc5e.png8a76bb7c0e0697f0b36e373767f8ea72.png

If you have concerns regarding the use of AI art (like I do) I really implore y'all to join the ACE Studio discord server and voicing your concerns directly as it seems like this is the best way to get their attention as opposed to twitter. (Said discord server invite link can be found on their twitter's bio)

Edit: Apparently it's better to email them directly @ [email protected] about the AI art usage.

Attachments

Last edited:

Luxie

Kagamine Rin and Len cover artist
Aug 3, 2022
Eastern USA

If you have concerns regarding the use of AI art (like I do) I really implore y'all to join the ACE Studio discord server and voicing your concerns directly as it seems like this is the best way to get their attention as opposed to twitter. (Said discord server invite link can be found on their twitter's bio)
Regarding the use of AI art, I personally think it’s concerning, but don’t spam the server to an unreasonable amount. Most companies tend to listen more if you give them few but meaningful criticisms and give explanations.
Also, is there any way to refund ACE VBs? I personally have only used VOCALOID and Utau, but I bet if there is a way then a lot of people are refunding VBs and making the company behind it suffer.

Reactions: WyndReed

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Regarding the use of AI art, I personally think it’s concerning, but don’t spam the server to an unreasonable amount.
Ah yes, I've added a addendum to my original reply now, it's better to email them directly [email protected].

Also, is there any way to refund ACE VBs?
ACE is still currently in the "planning" stage of their subscription model (and even then the only paid vocals so far are the vsingers), the rest of the vocals are free so no, there's really nothing to "refund". It'd be a good tactic to cancel subscriptions in protest but they havent rolled subscriptions out yet iirc.

Reactions: WyndReed

Luxie

Aug 3, 2022
Eastern USA
Ah yes, I've added a addendum to my original reply now, it's better to email them directly [email protected].

ACE is still currently in the "planning" stage of their subscription model (and even then the only paid vocals so far are the vsingers), the rest of the vocals are free so no, there's really nothing to "refund". It'd be a good tactic to cancel subscriptions in protest but they havent rolled subscriptions out yet iirc.
I wonder if people are going to boycott the vsingers when they release. I know a lot of people were looking forward to them though. And I also bet no one will purchase the subscription service once it releases.

Luxie

Aug 3, 2022
Eastern USA
I’ve done my own research on this, and I think everyone is mad because this isn’t ACE’s first offense. People were fighting about that staff member in the Discord earlier. I wonder if Ace is just done for due to everything that happened.

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor

Edit: Apparently it's better to email them directly @ [email protected] about the AI art usage.
I’m not against ai art, but it’s very unprofessional and kind of rude to the original artists bc like “we replaced ur arts with ai generated ones bc they are better lol”. Hope they bring the old illustrations back and get those ugly things out of the editor 💕

Tortoiseshel

Aspiring Fan
Aug 23, 2021
Replacing perfectly good, custom-made artwork out of the blue with generic and sloppy-looking diffusion-generated images is such a bizarro move that I'm just left wondering what on earth could have possibly prompted this change. Because unless like, they were forced to quickly replace the art due to some sort of legal issues/falling out/whatever with the artists, and they just happened to go with the AI stuff... it's hard to see this as anything other than a big middle finger to the human artists that helped make people care about these characters in the first place. The one bright side is that apparently most of the developers are also not happy with the change, according to someone on Discord. Hopefully if enough of a fuss is made, the changes might be undone.

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Replacing perfectly good, custom-made artwork out of the blue with generic and sloppy-looking diffusion-generated images is such a bizarro move that I'm just left wondering what on earth could have possibly prompted this change. Because unless like, they were forced to quickly replace the art due to some sort of legal issues/falling out/whatever with the artists, and they just happened to go with the AI stuff... it's hard to see this as anything other than a big middle finger to the human artists that helped make people care about these characters in the first place. The one bright side is that apparently most of the developers are also not happy with the change, according to someone on Discord. Hopefully if enough of a fuss is made, the changes might be undone.
maybe it were some people high up who don't really understand that it looks worse, so they just decided that "ai art goes with ai singers<3" or smt.

Reactions: PearlStarLight5

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
maybe it were some people high up who don't really understand that it looks worse, so they just decided that "ai art goes with ai singers<3" or smt.
It seems like there is only one (big) dev who's insisting on the AI art and has a "if you don't like then don't use" attitude about it, but the majority of the other devs are against it. They're having meetings about it and there're also efforts from fans to explain the bad sides of ai art in the discord server and some other devs are taking part in the conversation so hopefully this means the AI art is rectified in the next update.

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
Yun Hao's new design announcement which has been in the works for a while. The design is open for all Yun Hao banks but the standing art was especially made for ACE Studio.

ACE Studio team has also issued a new announcement regarding the use of AI art in their engine.

Last edited:

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
in regards to that acapella feature, anyone have reports on how well it works...? (i assumed the wording ment it release?) because stuff like that reminds me of what Melodyne does, tho i imagine AI learning would improve that attempt to convert into midi a lot. but i still assume this would really only work with an *incredibly* clean vocal stem (i also think about how AI works with diff-svc reading ripped vocals too, which sound better or worse depending on the rip quality too). its making me think of praat as one of the plus sides to the synth v plug it in recreating the notes to fit 'real time' singing- as in, the midi notes actually better fit the way they sing. of course, this conversion in Ace doesnt take pitch bends but, it sounds like a step closer to what hpsynth was able to do with the synth v plug ins.

in regards to AI. good to see they have listened to some concerns. i hope to see they will change that. the biggest issue on AI art over real artists is many places, especially in the anime scene in the east, are firing artists a lot and replacing them. with fake claims as to why like positions 'not being available' or straight up stating they dont need artists. its a growing issue for sure as the ai replication of anime style has improved a lot, and is also a major focus of character art being created by ai.

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
It seems like there is only one (big) dev who's insisting on the AI art and has a "if you don't like then don't use" attitude about it, but the majority of the other devs are against it. They're having meetings about it and there're also efforts from fans to explain the bad sides of ai art in the discord server and some other devs are taking part in the conversation so hopefully this means the AI art is rectified in the next update.
And here are the pngs of his new design. This art is also now representing Yun Hao in ace studio
FBBE9A1F-1E5C-4915-924A-6FBF79D6AA3A.png
B1397E3F-BB26-4C4B-865B-005711E94E0A.png

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
I was actually sent the files for his new standing art (thankfully, since the ones on twitter seems to have gone some corruption), I haven't gotten to uploading them on the wiki yet but I'll put them here.
1685442697475.png1685442712521.png
I personally really like his outfit. As much as I am a fan of his revealing design his previous design kinda felt like it was missing a 2nd layer of clothing, with this one the 2nd layer jacket really pulls the outfit together, with a alternative more revealing design. (Plus, his old ACE design wasn't really made for ACE, it's one out of many stock tachie for Yun Hao, this one is especially made for ACE so it feels a bit special.

These standing art will presumably be added to the ACE Official Tachie google drive folder so you can also get them there.

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Russian language for Ace is now officially in the planning, but Spanish will be the first to come! Ngl I’ve heard rumours of Russian being planed for ace for a long time now, but I’m glad to see that it’s official now.
CC1DE04E-33E4-49EF-8310-ACB8BDB8D59A.jpeg

Also unrelated but Xiao Ai does not have a voice provider meaning that she’s smt like Defoko and Adachi Rei

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)