• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV CeVIO AI / Synthesizer V Tsurumaki Maki

___

Oct 8, 2019
I've been thinking about how Maki may end up being listed now that she technically has 4 vbs :teto_lili:

1. JP standard
  2. JP AI
  3. JP bundle(?)
  4. ENG standard
  5. ENG AI
  6. ENG bundle(?)
  7. JP/ENG standard
  8. JP/ENG AI
  9. JP/ENG bundle
  10. Unlikely but maybe combinations of her AI and standard banks, say JP AI + ENG standard
I wonder how they'll go about organizing this :clara_ani_lili: they may omit some of the options hopefully w/o hurting their sales.

Also.....her bundle may end up being quite pricey :ring_ani_lili: if Rikka's bundle is anything to go by

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I was thinking about that earlier as well, and it made my head (and wallet) hurt OTL.... i'll get all of her eventually (including cevio talk bc... i've always wanted eng talk synth and it not being voiceroid will not stop me) but it'll hurt

Since they seem to be pricing all their individual Synth V banks at 8800 yen each (downloadwise), she'll easily be in the $350 range for a bundle with all of them, I'm expecting?

Reactions: ___

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I know AHS usually offers decent discounts for people who have bought previous synth products from them... I own 5 VBs for 3 of their Vocaloids, if anyone wants to take advantage of those discounts.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
There'll probably be a decent discount for her since she's getting so many voice libraries. Yukari V4 complete is 23,800yen before tax compared to her individual vocals which are 10,800yen each... I'm assuming AHS will only sell bundles physically and probably only do JP Standard/AI, EN Standard/AI and complete. JP and EN Standard/AI bundles will be the same price as Rikka at 16,800 probably, then if I had to guess I'd say Maki's complete package will be around 26,800yen, or about $250. Extremely painful, but they'll almost certainly be giving hefty discounts on her around release like they did with Synthesizer V Studio as a whole, especially for people who already own Maki's VOICEROID, plus the usual AHS user discount. I'd hope for one around 19,800yen at least for her complete. CeVIO AI will probably be the same story. Praying for every Maki fan that's gonna be dropping $500 on her boxes.

Reactions: ___ and Rylitah

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I don't think there will be a discount for people who already own Maki's Voiceroid - I would be very happy if that were the case, but there's no such discount for the Kotonohas. I could see it happening possibly for Maki's CeVIO Talk banks, since it's still a talking synth, but there were no upgrade prices for Yukari and the Kotonohas' Voiceroid2 packages even if you owned their original V1 voices either. AHS seemed to only do upgrade discounts for their Vocaloid line.

That being said though, I can definitely see them doing a preorder/limited time discount around her release... that would be very nice.

(The AHS user discount usually for me isn't worth taking in most cases since shipping will probably end up being however much they originally were... check Amazon JP and how much shipping internationally would be first; usually it's still the better option. The AHS user discount also is only for physical products, not downloads, so there's no getting around that shipping orz)

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Maki now has an official twitter account!

edit: Second tweet is an interesting one. She said she'll RT works and illustrations which made me a little worried knowing how. her fandom is, but she won't RT "kosshori" illustrations. Looking it up, I found this article. It's a tag for people to use to hide their (adult) works from official accounts so that they won't RT it, and apparently the tag was made because (surprise, surprise) Zunko's twitter RT'd something about Kiritan that really upset people. I hope this means Maki's twitter will remain fine.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Here's a clip of Satou Sasara:

By the way, this is the timestamp for Maki's Japanese emotions:

Sounds a bit fuzzy but has emotion/sounds cute.

Reactions: morrysillusion

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Has Sasara been shown yet, anyone have a time stamp? Thanks Uncreepy!

I like how Maki sounds, she is quite clear and emotive, and her accent/robotic quality adds personality. But note: this comes from the perspective of someone who expected her to be more of a 'character voice' than a technically perfect text-to-speech.

I'm looking forward to her singing voice more now, but it might be controversial for the first full Synth V English bank, since her tone is more niche. Tricky timing.

Last edited:

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
That’s her CeVIO talk bank, correct?
The segment at about 1:18:00 started by him saying "this is CeVIO AI Maki", then he proceeds to play her JP voices followed by her ENG voices. It seems the entire episode was centered around CeVIO/Talk banks only.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Already people are complaining about her accent as I expected 😅 it's not even that bad they're just....not making her speak coherent english sentences from what I've heard.

I can't see the western community jumping on her but I do like her! I can already see her english SynthV being divisive but I know I'll love her!

ngl she's prolly the clearest cevio i wonder whether they're demo-ing her on that version of Cevio that took forever to render cuz it was renderng higher quality samples.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)