• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

CeVIO CeVIO Discussion Thread

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
I don't know if cross-language is allowed, but you never know. There's no language rule so you can try Larry Takahashi, or タカハシ Larry. There are already people tweeting options like タカハシ Talbo.

Reactions: WyndReed

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I think it might just be a bit of a fun way to drum up hype, because it sounds like the name's already picked and you're supposed to guess what it is. It does say anyone can participate, but it kind of makes me wonder if the reason they didn't bother putting the announcement in English was because there's a cultural reference behind the name they're not expecting people outside of Japan to Get.

SuzakuSpectacled

Sourin and Ryuusei Luvr
May 6, 2022
if the reason they didn't bother putting the announcement in English was because there's a cultural reference behind the name they're not expecting people outside of Japan to Get.
Name is most likely in Japanese + since Sasara and Tsudumi are named after traditional Japanese musical instruments, it's likely that Takahashi's is as well. So there are like,,, a few barriers for an english speaking user to enter the guessing contest. Doesn't hurt to try though! Corect guessers (if there are more than 1) will be entered to a lottery to receive a digital copy of Takahashi AI, up to three guessers are picked

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
Techno speech has done some research, they’ve published an article, a research paper and the base model they used for the research on github. The article has samples of Chis-A, Kirune and an unknown female talk bank with the new vocoder. The full results of the research will be shown at ICASSP on June 6 in Greece. The research 🔬 apse and the GitHub link are in the article.
「ICASSP 2023」にてテクノスピーチの論文が採択~韻律のコントローラビリティを維持した高品質な音声合成の実現~

So there is this virtual singer guy, and his videos seem to have what seems like voisona’s interface in them? And he’s stated to be produced by techno speech
E0BB1C66-8FA0-44BA-A8F6-B6BD67CD5A67.jpeg
8E97A76B-3982-4B82-B1A6-80C203EA3779.png

YOYo_MAMA

Oct 19, 2018
So, do any one still remember Fee-chan and her company U-Stella? Well there is now a crowdfunding campaign for her older sister, Uni-chan.

Goals also include a singing bank if it can be reached. All are in Japanese to translators are very much welcomed.

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
So, do any one still remember Fee-chan and her company U-Stella? Well there is now a crowdfunding campaign for her older sister, Uni-chan.

Goals also include a singing bank if it can be reached. All are in Japanese to translators are very much welcomed.

Here’s UNI’s va btw
She also seems to be some Bandori va, which means that if uni succeeds at her crowdfunding, we’ll have 4 Bandori va’s on Cevio

also here is the list of stretch goals

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Hardcore Fan
Apr 11, 2018
OMG It's been a while since I've heard Aoi Sora (I remember when everyone and their goldfish covered it back in the days)

She has a beautiful voice but at the same time I fear Uni-chan may end up being mistaken with the regular UNI when referencing x.x"'

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
OMG It's been a while since I've heard Aoi Sora (I remember when everyone and their goldfish covered it back in the days)

She has a beautiful voice but at the same time I fear Uni-chan may end up being mistaken with the regular UNI when referencing x.x"'
Yeah, Cevio does seem to have a lot of names that are the same as other things. UNI-Chan and UNI, ROSA and ROSE, Akasaki Minato and Futaba Minato and rose’s Bandori character is Minato Yukina. There’s also Midorizaki Kasumi, and popy’s Bandori character who’s first name is Kasumi

mary34

Aspiring Fan
Dec 25, 2022
I'm legitimately shocked U-Stella still lives. Like I don't even mean this in a douchy way, It's just that the last time I've heard of them they were filing for bankrupcy? Like good for them I guess to bounce back like that but we'll see how the crowd fund does

mary34

Aspiring Fan
Dec 25, 2022
Wait is there some controversy I missed? I don't know much about this company, the only thing I've heard of is some pricing related discourse...

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Wait is there some controversy I missed? I don't know much about this company, the only thing I've heard of is some pricing related discourse...
Long story short, Fee was originally designed to be pure loli bait, which naturally got the forum condemning the entire project. The full details are on the original Fee thread.

YOYo_MAMA

Oct 19, 2018
Did I miss out on the Cevio scene? Is this a new one or is this an existing bank since I can't read Japanese?

• Wow
Reactions: Leon

aru ii

Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)