• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Embarrassing Things You've Done In The Fandom

Azukiii

Galaco's stalker
Mar 16, 2019
Thinking that Teto and Neru were actual vocaloids, also thinking vocaloid was an anime, and thinking that miku was the first vocaloid ever since she had a one on her shoulder and having a burning hatred for UTAU because I thought it was a vocaloid bootleg.

Sometimes I wanna slap 2013 me straight in the face

Sep 21, 2019
  • Calling Neru and Teto vocaloids even though I knew they weren't.
  • Being one of those "Teto does everything better than Miku" people. (I thought I was such a hipster, lol.)
  • Uploading crappy plug and play covers
  • Uploading a poorly tuned and poorly mixed cover
  • Thinking Miku was the first vocaloid
  • Thinking the Cryptonloids, Gackupo, and Gumi were the only good vocaloids.
  • Thinking that only certain people could use Vocaloids (like big companies or "important" producers)
  • Thinking vocaloid was an anime
  • Pronouncing Rin as "Ren"

Last edited:

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
I'm just gonna quote middle school me for some of these:

• "OMG Hatsune Miku is my FAVORITE artist! :love:"
  • *refuses to listen to anything other than World is Mine and Poppipo for over a year* "pfffff that's not her OFFICIAL music so don't even bother"
  • Thinking Miku, Luka, and Rin and Len were the only vocaloids. Ever.
  • Pronouncing Rin as "reen" for three years (I don't even know if I said it wrong)
  • Bopping to some songs only to find out three years later that they were either suicidal or perverted
  • Thinking that Gumi was an english only vocaloid
  • Used to think that Lumi was part of Crypton (don't ask how lol)
  • Not knowing that Vocaloid was a software and that producers made songs with them until June 2018
  • Being derogatory towards Miku for being too popular after learning who the very first vocaloids were (this lasted for a month)
  • Commenting on a japanese cover saying how it sounds like a certain engloid thinking I would sound hipster and cool. It really wasnt.
  • Pronouncing Daina as Day-nah. Nobody corrected me
I wish someone was there to explain all this to me but I guess we all have had our fair share of misconceptions so :miku2_move:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I was another one of those "Ugh, Miku SUX, all hail Teto-chan!" fans in my early/mid-teens. I also spent a solid two months thinking Vocaloids were real people represented by voice actors, like some video game/anime mix. I asked my dad to take me to Books-A-Million because I wanted to find manga for "that super popular anime character, Miku Hat-soon!". (This, of course, went along with Rin and Len Kaga-mine, Luka Meg-yuu-ren, Kay-toe, and Mi-ko.)

I also got involved in a flame war with a Kaito/Meiko shipper because I was willing to defend Kaito/Miku with my LIFE. Considering I'm now a KaiMei shipper myself, that one's especially embarrassing.

Last edited:

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
I also got involved in a flame war with a Kaito/Meiko shipper because I was willing to defend Kaito/Miku with my LIFE. Considering I'm now a KaiMei shipper myself, that one's especially embarrassing.
I was a Kaito/Miku shipper too! There was also this one phase though where I shipped Kaito with me (I have the drawings to prove it ugh). I keep looking back at it and thought to myself:

why

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Hey, no shame in self-shipping! I had a friend who actively shipped herself with Ciel Phantomhive, 50k+ fanfiction and all. Whatever makes you happy.

I'm more ashamed of being involved in a flame war at all, really. I think shipping wars in general are pointless, if not peak immaturity.

Reactions: Aia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)