Embarrassing Things You've Done In The Fandom

RabbitWhale39

Devout Mikuist
Apr 25, 2018
I don't think I've *done* too many embarrassing things actually, but, trying to bring up vocaloid music to anybody at all usually gets me some strange looks and mixed reactions. It's usually something I have to enjoy alone.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I don't think I've *done* too many embarrassing things actually, but, trying to bring up vocaloid music to anybody at all usually gets me some strange looks and mixed reactions. It's usually something I have to enjoy alone.
So far I haven't managed to embarrass myself yet, either...I think? :) But that's basically my approach to playing Vocaloid music, too. Mostly I play it alone or over headphones. Though if I do play it in front of other people, it's people who know I like Japanese music. But they don't even know Vocaloid exists yet, I don't think, and they don't listen to Japanese music themselves (They have a higher preference for listening to music in a language they understand.). So it's possible they think most Japanese singers sound like Vocaloids.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
yeah I feel like it's something that society wants me to think is not acceptable lol
That'll probably change, though. What society is cool with has a way of broadening over time. I mean, look at all the foreign restaurants we enjoy now that probably might've been seen as weird to go to a number of years ago. There's even a "cool" factor to it, too--going to someplace like that seems to be seen as demonstrating worldliness in certain circles. At least that's what I've observed in the US.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)