• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Favorite Inclement Weather

Which of these bad weather situations do you mind the least?

• Hail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ice

• Mugginess (Whatever's too much for you)

• Rain

• Sleet

• Blizzard

• Bugs (Like, locusts, etc.)

• Drought

• Hurricane/Typhoon

• Total voters

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Purely looking for a goofball fun topic to kick around for awhile, I thought it might be interesting to discuss favorite inclement weather situations. So, basically, if you had to pick one of these unsavory weather conditions to endure for awhile, which would it be?

It's not an exhaustive list, so if anyone thinks of something I missed, let me know and I'll add it!

To start things off, I guess I'd pick heat. None of these conditions are particularly pleasant, I guess, but it seems the most endurable to me. Mugginess might come in second, but I think I find a dry heat more tolerable.

Reactions: razelberii

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I was going to say either rain or wind, but since my dog will go out if it's windy but not if it's rainy I guess I have to pick wind XP

• Haha
Reactions: mobius017

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Team Cold! It only drops below 70F here for like two months, and it's always so sticky and humid. The cold gives me a chance to wear sweaters and pajama pants and curl up in quilts with the heater on while marathoning Deadly Women (which is actually what I'm doing now, though it's only 50F outside).

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I live in the so desert where it's super hot and dry. Most rain results in flash flooding, so I'm not a fan of that. Since we're in a valley winds are severe, so I hate windiness too.
I've lived in Michigan where the summers are humid and that felt awful, and the winters were freezing and blizzarding and that was awful too.
I'm much more inclined to heat and dryness, but some summers where its reaching close to the 120s I do suffer. I know some people from the area of America I'm in act really tough about it (like the spongebob meme of the guy on fire) but like damn I'm human the 120s is too fucking hot.
I think dryness is the condition I tolerate most.

___

Oct 8, 2019
Say what you will about tornadoes, when you tame one theyre actually quite friendly and nice! Make a bond strong enough and they'll even let you ride them on their back! Also if you're friends with one it's a convenient way to get rid of your enemies. I will always miss you...Toby the tornado :kaito_lili:

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
I live in the south so it's hot all year round to the point where I find it completely normal. So even in the winter where it's about 68 degrees, I will freeze. Northerners would probably be disappointed in me :teto_lili:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Cold doesn't really bother me as long as I don't have to be exposed for a long period of time. -25°C outside is all right unless I'd have to be outdoors working all day or something. But if I had to choose, I'd rather take heat.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Honestly, I wasn't sure if I needed to include the "extreme" weathers or not. I'm really glad I did! I didn't really think there'd be any takers.

Cold doesn't really bother me as long as I don't have to be exposed for a long period of time. -25°C outside is all right unless I'd have to be outdoors working all day or something. But if I had to choose, I'd rather take heat.
Wow, -25°C is -13°F! You are...I don't know what you are.... Brave? Superhuman? :oops::ROFL:

I mean, if you have the clothes you can go through that for a bit, but at least where I live, -13°F is gnarly. :kaito_move:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Team Wind here, even in winter. I can live with my hair looking a mess afterwards if I'm outside. I hate rain because Britain has a reputation for being wet all the time.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Honestly, I wasn't sure if I needed to include the "extreme" weathers or not. I'm really glad I did! I didn't really think there'd be any takers.

Wow, -25°C is -13°F! You are...I don't know what you are.... Brave? Superhuman? :oops::ROFL:

I mean, if you have the clothes you can go through that for a bit, but at least where I live, -13°F is gnarly. :kaito_move:
It's all down to wearing enough clothing. Briefly spending time out in the cold is very refreshing, but, say, over an hour is not comfortable anymore.

Now would be the time of yeat for those temperatures, but sadly thus winter is so warm that last night for example it was only -1, and daytime tdmperatures are just above zero. When it's above zero all that rains down is water, not snow, and I really have a dislike for rain. I'd rather take a normal cold winter over this.

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I live in one of those areas that's famous for being really indecisive on weather. One day it's -5C out? Just wait a few hours, it'll be 23C soon.

Obv that's an exaggeration, but you do have to deal with a lot of variable temperatures. I'm really good at dealing with heat at this point. We got to stay with our aunt for a bit in the south over the summer, and it was hot enough that it was 30 out with the sun down (but there was a breeze) and I felt fine in a tank top and shorts. I suffer when it's below freezing around here -- can deal with it, bundle up in 4 layers, but I hate it a lot.

Also I have a crippling fear of tornadoes, and used to lock up at even slightly-heavy wind. So, definitely heat!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)