• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Discussion Thread

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Here's the details for the Kaito & Meiko crowdfunding campaign:
Wow, the donation tiers go up pretty quickly, but some of those gifts for participating are really incredible. Hopefully some Meiko/Kaito fans can enjoy them!

Reactions: peaches2217

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Lol, what? There's no way that's related to actual Pokemon Home stuff...right? Home is just a Pokemon storage solution, like Pokemon Bank used to be. That gif must have just been buried in there for the people who they knew would go digging through the files....

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Reactions: mobius017

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Japan Times published a nice article about Cho Kabuki
The article/pictures make it look like fun. I kinda wish I could go :) .

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
There's a survey going on over on Piapro's site for Kaito's 14 anniversary. It asks how long you've been a fan, if you've ever bought any Kaito products, to please share your thoughts about Kaito, and to recommend songs for him to sing in future concerts. There's also a section to input your email and choose from a list of prizes you'd like (detailed in the blog post) for 11 winners.

I don't think they'd do overseas shipping (?), but it's still a really cute questionnaire and it's nice to see the thought going into it! As someone who was almost exclusively a Kaito fan before I ventured into Engloid territory, and is still terribly fond of him :)

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Honestly I was a bit surprised at the veracity of the fans, to have already raised almost 6 million yen in just a day. But in the end, I don't think I should have been.

That being said, what's even more surprising is that there's still 61 days of crowdfunding left?? And there's currently a project on to make a fanzine that people can donate $10 to, and the proceeds will be pooled and donated -- this is something western fans can donate to without a forwarding service, since it's not a physical copy of something. So I expect the total will jump again once that's up and running. Plus it sounds like they're reconsidering max numbers of donation tiers to possibly reopen the 30/50k ones for a while. If that happens, it'll definitely jump up again.

Do you think Crypton underestimated how many passionate fans Meiko and Kaito have? It's an opportunistic sentiment that I hesitate to express, but maybe after this they'll realize KaiMei are every bit as profitable as the others (maybe barring Miku, but she's Miku).

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
That's really cool -- I'm not too surprised since Voiceroid crowdfunding projects have much higher goals and also are reached in just a few days haha. The power of passionate fans is truly something formidable.

The future does look excellent for Meiko and Kaito if Crypton truly is using this to gauge actual fan interest in them.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Vocaloid website maintenance has begun... After an hour, we can expect to enjoy the following benefits 👀 (just kidding, the following list is 100% fake and 100% wishful thinking): V5 demos, don't have to buy V5loids as a pack, they gave VY1 her extra voice banks back, and reduced prices.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Maintenance has ended early and nothing appears to have changed. They didn't even give us another phrase pack! 😔
Anyone have any feelings for/against the phrase packs? I've felt differently at different times, but mostly, I honestly wish I could opt out of having my computer look for them. I guess they could be useful as reference material, or for things like particular screams and the like, but since I'm writing my own lyrics anyway, I'd rather save the hard drive space, as well as the bother of downloading or dismissing them.

Just curious if anyone has contrary opinions/what their thinking might be.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Anyone have any feelings for/against the phrase packs? I've felt differently at different times, but mostly, I honestly wish I could opt out of having my computer look for them. I guess they could be useful as reference material, or for things like particular screams and the like, but since I'm writing my own lyrics anyway, I'd rather save the hard drive space, as well as the bother of downloading or dismissing them.

Just curious if anyone has contrary opinions/what their thinking might be.
Didn't someone here delete them to save space....@Cluemily?

EDIT: Admittedly, they're the same thing as exVoice stuff, which is popular for some reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)