• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

General Project Diva Discussion

Sep 21, 2019
I hope there's an English localisation or something. I know the Switch is region free and Project DIVA isn't text-heavy, but it makes my life so much easier if I'm able to read the menus and song titles. :tongue:
I think they're releasing it in the west... we just don't have a release date yet. orz
(Hopefully they'll release it soon, because my Japanese isn't good enough to read all the menus yet although I've been able to get by fine so far in the demo. XP)

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I tried the joy con mode some more and it really doesn't work as expected at all.
Anybody have any hints on how to work it properly? And different way you have to hold the controllers?
It's not responding properly at all for me.

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Well I’m glad to hear the game sold well. A success was needed for this series after X, hopefully Sega has something exciting in the works for the next game. I’m just glad the series isn’t over. Will be supporting the next project for sure

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
@39dearMIKU: Bear in mind, I don't own the Switch or the game, but I tried to do a bit of research :) . This video shows someone playing with the Joy-Cons and how they're holding/moving them; maybe it will help?
Hey thanks. Didn't think of just checking back that commerical.
I guess you really are supposed to hold them that way! It was NOT indicated in the games own tutotial lol.

Reactions: mobius017

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Makoto Osaki, the producer of the series, is really happy with the sales results of Project DIVA MEGA39s, in fact the packaged version is sold out in almost all stores in Japan, and the DL version is very popular in the Nintendo e-shop (●'◡'●)

Mega39's is selling so well that Sega has issued an apology over the physical copies being sold out in many places. More copies are coming, but restocking takes a bit of time.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
and here are the Famitsu sales data for last week ^u^ Project DIVA MEGA39s in fact sold very well for being on a new platform (Switch) (●'◡'●)

1位(初登場) Switch 初音ミク プロジェクト ディーヴァ メガミックス
53606本/セガゲームス/2020年2月13日発売

2位(先週3位) Switch ポケットモンスター ソード・シールド
24534本
(累計 342万7385本)/ポケモン/2019年11月15日発売

3位(先週1位) PS4 グランブルーファンタジー ヴァーサス
12165本
(累計 98413本)/サイゲームス/2020年2月6日発売

4位(先週7位) Switch Minecraft
11275本
(累計 126万3898本)/日本マイクロソフト/2018年6月21日発売

5位(先週2位) Switch リングフィット アドベンチャー
10238本
(累計 68万6144本)/任天堂/2019年10月18日発売

6位(先週5位) Switch 東北大学加齢医学研究所 川島隆太教授監修 脳を鍛える大人のNintendo Switchトレーニング
9367本
(累計 15万1548本)/任天堂/2019年12月27日発売

7位(先週6位) Switch 大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ SPECIAL
9155本
(累計 356万1812本)/任天堂/2018年12月7日発売

8位(先週8位) Switch マリオカート8 デラックス
8548本
(累計 277万3951本)/任天堂/2017年4月28日発売

9位(初登場) PS4 Death end re;Quest2(デス エンド リクエスト2)
7003本
/コンパイルハート/2020年2月13日発売

10位(先週4位) PS4 龍が如く7 光と闇の行方
6844本
(累計 23万5303本)/セガゲームス/2020年1月16日発売

please keep in mind these are the retail data (and not including the Limited Edition, which probably is around 6.000~5.000 copies sold), the e-shop data will be released in some weeks, but the producer Makoto Osaki already said that both the digital and retail sales were much higher than expected, this is very nice ^^

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I am more happy than I expected with how this plays on the Switch, especially on the go, and am pleased with the quality of the new songs too.
I even really like the new game mode, BUT my joycons still don't respond quite correctly. One of them is kind of "flickering", far more sensitive than the other one. Is that a known thing for them? I callibrated them new but no change.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
I am more happy than I expected with how this plays on the Switch, especially on the go, and am pleased with the quality of the new songs too.
I even really like the new game mode, BUT my joycons still don't respond quite correctly. One of them is kind of "flickering", far more sensitive than the other one. Is that a known thing for them? I callibrated them new but no change.
mm i've heard that usually the left joycon can have some issues, and in most cases, the only thing to do is to use your warranty and ask for a new one :)

Sep 21, 2019
I've heard they "drift" or something along those lines (though, I'm not sure if that refers to the control sticks or the controllers themselves). I have the same issue as you; my right joycon is extremely sensitive while the left one is just fine. :P
(From what I've seen, people say you can, and recommend, that people get them replaced/fixed by Nitendo when that happens or to just buy new joycons.)

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I've heard they "drift" or something along those lines (though, I'm not sure if that refers to the control sticks or the controllers themselves). I have the same issue as you; my right joycon is extremely sensitive while the left one is just fine. :P
(From what I've seen, people say you can, and recommend, that people get them replaced/fixed by Nitendo when that happens or to just buy new joycons.)
I know about the "drift" issue but this is about the motion controls, not the analog. Can't imagine that having any "drift" or being related to that at all?

Faiyez

Notorious Heretic
Apr 16, 2018
Costa Rica
myanimelist.net
Mix mode is just a gimmick and the joycons have big design faults.

It's cool if you can have fun with it, but I wouldn't take it so seriously. As a game mode it seems straight up broken from the moment they first showed it.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Mix mode is just a gimmick and the joycons have big design faults.

It's cool if you can have fun with it, but I wouldn't take it so seriously. As a game mode it seems straight up broken from the moment they first showed it.
Can you elaborate on that? Like I can understand if the joycons motion control is flawed, but what about the game mode itself is broken in your opinion? It seems straightforward and interesting to me.
And one joycon works just as I would expect to me, if I had another one that would too it would be perfect.

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
So since the game was a success and I imagine the localized version will do just fine. Are we just waiting for the PS4 DLC now? I’m just wondering when we might hear about Sega’s next project.

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
the PS4 DLC has a delay of 2 months because more testing is needed with the extra songs and the new module (for every new song they have to check every single combination of hairstyle/accessories/modules, so is normal it can take lot of time), but i'm confident the release might happen around May/June, if not earlier :)
and about the new project, Makoto Osaki (producer of the Arcade team) said that they already have some ideas for the future, but they don't want to rush things and want the sequel to comes out naturally :)
(and before the sequel, they still can release new songs and new modules for MEGA39s and Future Tone PS4, for example Project DIVA X songs/modules, Project Mirai songs/modules, all Magical Mirai songs/modules, Snow Miku theme songs.. (❁´◡`❁)

the home DIVA team was busy developing the Sakura Wars game for PS4, it released a couple of months ago in Japan (and it will arrive in the west on April 28, you should all check it, is a very beautiful game and is easy to "see" that is has been made by the DIVA team, is has that magic charm ^^), and now they are developing a new secret game hehe who knows ^^

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
Thanks magicalmiku for keeping us posted! Sounds like this will be a good year for Diva.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)