• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Haruno Sora for SynthesizerV and Voicepeak!

TEN0R_CL3F

New Fan
Jun 24, 2021

Haruno Sora, one of the very little releases that V5 actually got, is now going to be coming to SV and Voicepeak! Not much has really been shown other than a silhouette, but we'll be getting a demo of her at VVV Music Live on the 25th of June! She sounded great on V5, so I'm really excited to hear how she compares on an AI engine.

Also, for those who don't know, Sora is voiced by the same VP who voiced Macne Coco (both Black and White)! So not only are we getting another Vocaloid updated for a completely different engine (which is ironic that it isn't Vocaloid, seeing as she was actually the VB that leaked V5 as a whole :LOL:), but I guess we can technically count her as the first AI Macne bank...? Not really, but it's fun to think of it that way.

(I understand not much has been revealed, and she's already been spoken about in the general SynthV Discussion thread, but I think an update thread for her would be nice to have! Never made a thread before, it's weirdly scary...)

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
A sample of her SV bank!

She sounds really nice! I was always very neutral on her V5 bank, but this one feels quite... mature? I like her a lot.
God I wish she was canonically an adult because she gives such a cute mature/motherly vibe. I tend not to mind as much as other people in the western fandom about character ages but even I agree every female 'loid being a teen is getting kind of old at this point. Also a shame her existence means there will never be new Macne Coco banks, but I love her SynthV (didn't care for her Vocaloid much) from what I've heard so..

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
Well, the whole meme with her character is that she’s Totally Seventeen, Guys, All The Time. Her name on Twitter is Haruono Sora(17). It’s pretty funny. She’s 17… she’s just very insistent on it. Reallly really insistent on it. I think during the vocaloid era it wasn’t really as big of a thing but when the Twitter marketing ramped up they leaned into that dynamic more.

To me it’s just kind of… alright, cool, since as you say we are saturated in teenage girls already so it falls a little flat :) but I do like that they went for the old lady-y but still cute clothes for her!! It’s cute.

Anyway, my mouth dropped to the floor when I heard the demo! I was not expecting to love it this much at all! The texture is completely present that I felt was lacking in the VOCALOID VB. Nice!!!!

junky

New Fan
Apr 30, 2022
Well, the whole meme with her character is that she’s Totally Seventeen, Guys, All The Time. Her name on Twitter is Haruono Sora(17). It’s pretty funny. She’s 17… she’s just very insistent on it. Reallly really insistent on it. I think during the vocaloid era it wasn’t really as big of a thing but when the Twitter marketing ramped up they leaned into that dynamic more.

To me it’s just kind of… alright, cool, since as you say we are saturated in teenage girls already so it falls a little flat :) but I do like that they went for the old lady-y but still cute clothes for her!! It’s cute.

Anyway, my mouth dropped to the floor when I heard the demo! I was not expecting to love it this much at all! The texture is completely present that I felt was lacking in the VOCALOID VB. Nice!!!!
So it's not a loli thing ok yay! That's kinda funny..Now that I look even the comments on the vid are making the "she's 17!?" jokes
"The texture is completely present that I felt was lacking in the VOCALOID VB." I agree heavily. Her vocaloid VB was kind of generic to me but I love this one. Why does Vocaloid seem to remove all the unique characteristics of the voices, even now with AI..?

Last edited:
Reactions: TEN0R_CL3F

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Oh wow, I'm so excited for her now! :kanon_lili: For some reason her timbre here (at certain points) reminds me a biiiit of how I expected Lumi to sound before an audio clip was revealed, to the point I had to go make sure I didn't have my voice actresses crossed in my brain sjfkl (there was a particular character Ohara voiced that I was certain- or at least I'd certainly hoped- Lumi would sound like, but then they went a totally different direction to the point a voicebank by a different VA coming out years later sounds more like the character than her own VA's Vocaloid, at least to my ears :teto_lili: )

Personally I like the Forever 17 joke to a degree, mainly because to me it feels like a very tongue-in-cheek way of her saying "Don't you know it's impolite to ask a lady her age~?" XP

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Oh wow, I'm so excited for her now! :kanon_lili: For some reason her timbre here (at certain points) reminds me a biiiit of how I expected Lumi to sound before an audio clip was revealed, to the point I had to go make sure I didn't have my voice actresses crossed in my brain sjfkl (there was a particular character Ohara voiced that I was certain- or at least I'd certainly hoped- Lumi would sound like, but then they went a totally different direction to the point a voicebank by a different VA coming out years later sounds more like the character than her own VA's Vocaloid, at least to my ears :teto_lili: )
This is very specific but I completely agree, I remember having those exact feelings around Lumi's voice reveal. I'm glad we finally got a new vocal synth with this voicetype!

blackout

Passionate Fan
Apr 13, 2018
Absolutely in LOVE with her voice. This is the Kikuko Inoue synth voice that I wanted all along! God I’m so excited 😭 Can’t wait to hear vocal modes & more proper demos!

mary34

Aspiring Fan
Dec 25, 2022
HOLY MOLY now that is an impressive demo she's incredible! (AHS where is the preorder link)

I'm curious what her vocal modes are gonna be like, and I'm especially curious what her final design will look like!

Reactions: TEN0R_CL3F

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
The age thing being a silly in joke for a very motherly looking teacher character is very cute, actually. I like that a lot.

Can't wait for her release! I still have other banks higher on the to-buy list, but she might be added to it 👀

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor

Haruno Sora, 17 years old (was in 1970)

But tbf she kinda sounds like a grandma now

• Haha
Reactions: Leon

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
Here she is the peak synth god her voice was alarwady one of my faves on Vocaloid but she sounds so
Amazing on Synthv day one purchase for me!

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
This is late, but the reason for the Haruno Sora (17 years old) joke is because her own VP has been making that joke for a very long time now - they just transferred it to the character voiced by her, but it's been a running gag with Kikuko Inoue for years, way before Sora even existed. You can imagine Sora the character as any age you want, she'll just insist she's 17 no matter what, just like her voice provider.

But yeah, her Synth V sounds pretty good! Very excited to hear more of her in the future.

TEN0R_CL3F

New Fan
Jun 24, 2021
AHS has really been feeding us recently with some of the best voicebanks on the engine, and it's vocals like Sora and Teto that will really help SV to become a more worthy competitor to something like Cevio (because, well, we all know SV struggles with its advertising, especially with the avatarless first-party vocals). Her (what I assume is) auto-pitch tuning and voice type are both incredible and really unique, and something we just don't get super often, comboed with the fact it's A. from a well known VA in Japan, B. a returning voice from V5!
I'm so excited for her to release, especially to hear her XLS, considering how much of a massive improvement there seems to have been across all vocals in that department!!!

(Also, on the topic of the 17 years old thing, Rylitah is 100% right... and also that both Macne Coco White and Black were 17 as well, so you can tell that Kikuko has a favorite running joke lmfao)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)