• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

How much do you listen to vocal synth music?

How much do you listen to vocal synth music?

• Rarely to none (less than 25%)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Occasionally (c. 25%)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Equally (c. 50% vocal synth, 50% non-vocal synth)

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Frequently (c. 75%)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Mostly to all (more than 75%)

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
This is the first time I've created a poll, so if anything's wrong or isn't working properly, please let me know so I can fix it. ^^;

I got kinda curious about how often we listen to vocal synth music on here, since while I listen to it almost every day, I also listen to non-vocal synth stuff (i.e. human singers and instrumentals) just as much. So I guess I'm around 50:50 with my music habits at this point.

I've added rough percentages of how much someone might listen to vocal synths on average. I think I need a better word than "Frequently" for the 75% vocal synths option, since "frequently" can be synonymous with "mostly", but I couldn't find a better word at the time I wrote this post up. These are all "circa" figures, so don't take the numbers extremely literally if you know your listening habits are something like, 60:40 vocal synth to non-vocal synth, for example.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
this is interesting to think about, because i have been super into vocaloid for a long time. but i think i have far more interest in the technical side (using it, understanding it) and not nessecarily the fan-ish side of indulging in music/fan art/fan fic/etc.... i *do* listen to vocal synth songs but not that much in comparison to my normal taste. maybe thats because no one makes vocal synth songs in the genres i love haha... but i tend to click on new releases when i see them in my feed. i sometimes get in a mood to just listen to vocal synth songs on a playlist i made. but i dont tend to mix my vocal synth playlist with my other music, often listening to non-vocal synth things on the norm. i put occasionally but i would say it more like 30-40%

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
For a large part of my life it used to be like 99%, it was essentially all I listened to. Very rarely did I listen to a non vocal synth song.
Nowadays, I think it's fallen below 50%. I've just been exploring a lot of different music lately.

D

Deleted member 6215

If I were to guess, 80-90% of songs I have and listen to are vocalsynth related. The other percent are just older songs for nostalgia sake or songs that are good enough to buy/download. Maybe I'm wrong, since I have a huge library...

Ever since I got into Vocaloid and stuff, the songs on the radio doesn't feel the same way anymore(at least not songs nowadays. they are just bland and lifeless in comparison).

Sep 21, 2019
I find I mostly listen to vocal synth music--I've discovered that once you start listening the vocal synth music with its variety of songs out there, it's hard to go back? Though I find the occasional non-vocal synth song that I like and add it to my playlist. At the risk of sounding like some old fogy, I can't really stand the music they play on the radio anymore 'cuz it just sounds kinda bland and lifeless as Bubblystar said (also I'm sick of the lyrical content--can we have something that's not a breakup song, depressing, objectifying, or borderline lewd, please? How about something... nice? I know vocal synth music has those aspects as well, but at the very least I can avoid it if I'm not intrested, or the music is good enough to outweigh my distaste for the lyrics).
Also I just love me some synthesized voices, haha.

pico

robot enjoyer
Sep 10, 2020
These days I'm listening to vocal synth music every day. General electronic and rock is still really close to my heart, but I listen to this community's songs every day and like creating my own stuff, too. There's just such a huge cache of extremely good and often underappreciated music coming out of this community constantly and sites like NND make discovery so easy. I don't know if anything else quite like it exists and I think we're really experiencing a second 'golden age' right now.

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
I'd say maybe 10% or under! I tend to only listen to synth music when I'm tuning or there's news on here because it's not what I'm into (which explains why i tune the same 3 songs over and over fgdgddf). And like Morry, I'm more interested in the technical side (tuning, mixing, etc) than the music that the fandom has to offer. That's not to say synth music isn't great, because it often is, it's just not to my tastes the majority of the time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)