• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Magical Mirai 2018

iamnoob

Professional Lolicon
Anyone up for some mikunofutomomo wifi?BE5B65B6-AE98-44F2-B053-8CE245609AD5.png

Also I wonder if the booths will sell the same thing as Osaka. I know the official goods are basically the same with only 3 location based goods. But no idea on things like goodsmile ect

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Anyone up for some mikunofutomomo wifi?View attachment 1394

Also I wonder if the booths will sell the same thing as Osaka. I know the official goods are basically the same with only 3 location based goods. But no idea on things like goodsmile ect
Hoping there’s more shirt selections, and at least one of the Goodsmile Racing AMGs is on display as well.

Update: The cars are on display. Not disappointed ?

Last edited:

iamnoob

Professional Lolicon
Hoping there’s more shirt selections, and at least one of the Goodsmile Racing AMGs is on display as well.

Update: The cars are on display. Not disappointed ?
Tokyo location is definitely bigger. Osaka could barely walk between stalls. Also THE FKING KEYCHAINS SOLD OUT AGAIN.

Well then time to come and wait at the entrance by 6am...not sure if that’s even possible since the trains only start at 5.

And if past MM are anything to go by, Saturday crowd is always much larger.

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Tokyo location is definitely bigger. Osaka could barely walk between stalls. Also THE FKING KEYCHAINS SOLD OUT AGAIN.

Well then time to come and wait at the entrance by 6am...not sure if that’s even possible since the trains only start at 5.

And if past MM are anything to go by, Saturday crowd is always much larger.

Most likely, because you’re adding deprived salarymen to the mob for the loots!

Meskidei

New Fan
Aug 26, 2018
Don’t play in Sega ones. They’re hard by default.

Donqi in akiba has the plush and is mildy forgiving. I got 5 of my six there.

View attachment 1388

The Sega one in front of akiba JR has rubber prongs but I dont trust them much. Might be a better advantage though.

Will be visiting the donqi again later.
I was at DonKi and I got one of those! I was so excited because I've never gotten anything from a crane before, and I got her on my second try, on Miku's birthday too!!!

I've never been to MM before and I need to ask some stupid questions.

Why are people talking about lining up at 6am? Is it to get into the exhibition hall? I bought my ticket during the initial overseas lottery, does it come with a ticket to the exhibition hall or do I have to buy it?

Thanks in advance. TT__TT I'm doing this alone and any help you guys can give me will be very helpful for my anxiety.

Last edited:

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
I was at DonKi and I got one of those! I was so excited because I've never gotten anything from a crane before, and I got her on my second try, on Miku's birthday too!!!

Why are people talking about lining up at 6am? Is it to get into the exhibition hall? I bought my ticket during the initial overseas lottery, does it come with a ticket to the exhibition hall or do I have to buy it?

Thanks in advance. TT__TT I'm doing this alone and any help you guys can give me will be very helpful for my anxiety.
Specifically, the early morning line is to get into the exhibition hall early for the loots as some items are rationed or limited stock per day (not just for the official goofs, but the small booths as well). The queues thin out generally in the afternoon, (so far the official goods had one or two items out of stock, but essentials like the penlights and shirts are still there.)

Overseas lottery and Accomodation plan tickets have seperate kiosks which you have to claim before you line up for the exhibit entrance. all concert tickets comes with an exhibit ticket; although if you want to go another day in the exhibit, you can buy in the venue for 500 yen. I think you can claim it anytime (visit on saturday to claim your sunday concert ticket).

Did this alone during my first time last year (and this year as well), but thanks to things I read up here (and this site’s predecessor last year), I managed to survive just fine.

Added: My current favorite Tokyo exclusive has to be the Chiba Monorail and Chiba city booths. Chiba City gave pins last year; this year they were giving free A5 clear files.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Meskidei

New Fan
Aug 26, 2018
Specifically, the early morning line is to get into the exhibition hall early for the loots as some items are rationed or limited stock per day (not just for the official goofs, but the small booths as well). The queues thin out generally in the afternoon, (so far the official goods had one or two items out of stock, but essentials like the penlights and shirts are still there.)

Overseas lottery and Accomodation plan tickets have seperate kiosks which you have to claim before you line up for the exhibit entrance. all concert tickets comes with an exhibit ticket; although if you want to go another day in the exhibit, you can buy in the venue for 500 yen. I think you can claim it anytime (visit on saturday to claim your sunday concert ticket).

Did this alone during my first time last year (and this year as well), but thanks to things I read up here (and this site’s predecessor last year), I managed to survive just fine.
Thank you so much! :)

iamnoob

Professional Lolicon

If you’re not too concerened about goods it’s fine to come a few hours later to avoid the long Q.

For me on the other hand, I always take the first train(or at least try to) to get the goods since they run out very fast.

For example in Osaka, key chains sold out in half hour,

In Tokyo both Miku and rin/Len belts sold out in an hour.

I managed to get almost everything I wanted by coming early. If I didn’t come earlier early I would have missed out on the belts, Omamori and like 5 other things. If you decide to come a few hours later to avoid the Q. Expect to see many things sold out both Official and others.

In other news,

My Gatcha loot for today. 26C467C1-B98A-4230-A5BE-85161D1523D6.jpeg

Last edited:

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
If you’re not too concerened about goods it’s fine to come a few hours later to avoid the Long Q.

For me on the other hand, I always take the first train(or at least try to) to get the goods since they run out very fast.

For example in Osaka, keychains sold out in half hour,

In Tokyo both Miku and rin/Len belts sold out in an hour.

I managed to get almost everything I wanted by coming early. If I didn’t come earlier early I would have missed out on the belts, Omamori. If you decide to come a few hours later to avoid the Q. Expect to see many things sold out both Official and others.

In other news,

My Gatcha loot for today. View attachment 1396
I’m staying away from the gacha corner this year. I’m targeting the mini Mirai Miku figure but they mixed in rubber straps and pins to the RNGesus pool. I managed to to snag the Mirai Miku rubber strap on the first try but stopped when I got consecutive twin pins. Twins, twice!

iamnoob

Professional Lolicon
I’m staying away from the gacha corner this year. I’m targeting the mini Mirai Miku figure but they mixed in rubber straps and pins to the RNGesus pool. I managed to to snag the Mirai Miku rubber strap on the first try but stopped when I got consecutive twin pins. Twins, twice!

I actually got 2 Len figures and a Kaito badge.

Did you know you can trade some stuff with the people showing their items near the gacha area?

I traded my Len figures for the Miku badge and keychains.

Of course I doubt anyone would trade the Miku figure but trading helps me at least not waste my money and at least get some Miku goods out of other characters' stuff and repeated goods

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Well, now Mirai is over, sadly all good things must come to an end. But Miku announced next year's Magical Mirai to be held again in both Osaka and Tokyo! I had so much fun this year and met some new friends :) Took part in one live ib Osaka and all 4 shows in Tokyo. Definitely worth the money!
The setlist changes for Tokyo were very much allright, although personally I love both Sweet Devil and 39 Music, I won't complain.
This year I've seen people being disappointed by the fact that there weren't too many new songs that haven't been performed live before, but personally I'm fine with the setlist. Especially this year's Mirai was only my second Miku concert event I attended (Mirai 2017 being my first).
The exhibition side was great too, although especially Osaka felt a bit cramped. (Well, so did Makuhari Messe, thanks to the huge crowds esp. on Saturday. But that was expected.) At Osaka I managed to grab all the official merch I wanted and pretty much all the company booth merch, with some additional purchases in Tokyo.

Now it's time to relax after an exhausting but fun weekend. Then I have three more days to spend in Tokyo before flying home.

Thank you Miku and friends, next time I see you will be in Cologne and then hopefully Magical Mirai next year!

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
The last concert was perfect!^^
Even though I was sick, with a painkiller and Miku in front of me, that didn't matter at all!
I was enjoying it all the way, very nice seat too with good view.
Perfect end with the announcement of Mirai 2019. Love having certainty they are doing so well they can afford to announce it right away.
Made me very happy!
Oh, Takahiro Misawa was back again too!

Very happy evening and after the day before was kinda mixed for me with a bad view they managed to full force bring me back to the mindset of "who am I kidding, I will come back next year again of course too xd".
Love Miku, still....^^

iamnoob

Professional Lolicon
Take care 39DearMiku! You seem to get sick often during the event D: get well soon!

Now for more Gatcha!!!

Also for those who don’t know, you can trade your less desired Gatcha items with many people near the Gatcha area. Of course I wasn’t so lucky as to get all Miku. I had a lot of Meiko and some Kaito ( like half meiko and kaito O_O ). Next to the Gatcha area there’s usually a bunch of people holding trays full of goods they are willing to trade. As most are Japanese ,it help to speak a bit but simple hand geastures should be fine too.

The end result! All stuff traded into Miku goods!35037E71-C066-4AC2-815D-08DF319AF3E0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 39dearMIKU

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
MM2019 is announced for two legs.

Damn, my vacation leaves will get eaten again.

At least August 31 falls on a Saturday

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
hehe :3
i'm happy I got the chance to (finally) meet with many of you again!
first sakumadrops, then Kevin and Rob, then sakumadrops and his friend again, and then iamnoob! (I felt somebody tapping my shoulder, I looked back, and I heard "here is the legendary Gabriel" hehe xD
and is funny to reply to some questions being cautious and mysterious "mmmm i don't... know... mmm.. who knows... " hehe :3
(but yesterday I gave a big hint to Kevin and Rob about Magical Mirai 2019)
i'm sorry I couldn't meet Justin in Osaka, and I really hoped wei wei could attend this year (for No Logic!!), but at least he can preorder the bluray now :)

yes, the attendance was record again, about 25% more in total ^^
next year will be so nice, at Intex Osaka and Makuhari Messe again ^^
being in Osaka, is really a big help for all the japanese fans living in the west Japan. and Crypton CEO said a nice thing about a few days ago: many couples thanked him, because mos of the couples and families you see during Magical Mirai, are born during these years. It was a very beautiful thing to hear. In fact, if you noticed, last year and this year there were really a lot more of couples and families with children. that's such a good thing :)

Last edited:

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I dont wanna sound negative on such a wonderful evening, but isn't 25% up from last year actually a big decline considering it was only in Tokyo last year but two cities this year?

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
but last year was 10th anniversary event, and japanese fans from all Japan did their best to come to Tokyo during those days.
this year, many japanese fans (who came to Tokyo last year) just stopped at Osaka, being in 2 locations can split the attendance, because as I wrote in the other message, is a big help for all those living in West Japan.
so when you consider all these things, any data of attendance is seen in a positive way :)
and to be honest, all these people are already more than enough for the exhibition and the live. try to imagine the double of attendance.. no space left.. hehe
i tell you by experience: Tokyo Game Show, which is held in Makuhari Messe, usually has an attendance of 10x of Magical Mirai, and I can tell you that the public days are terrible (i have the press pass, but one year I tried the public days). so much crowded (and i'm talking about all the Makuhari Messe area) that basically in one day you are able to line up for only one or two booths. and everything sold out hehe look at any numbers of Magical Mirai like the perfect balance for the people attending and the company booths :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 39dearMIKU

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Ok, There's already a full version of the Tokyo show circulating the web.

I stand on the gray area when it comes to concert uploads, neither promote or condemn them... but how the heck and what's their source especially this fast. The usual high quality torrents show up when the Bluray is released, but this is something else.

I saw the TokyoMX broadcast and that is the cut version. This one I saw is the whole 2 hour gig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)