• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Magical Mirai 2018

iamnoob

Professional Lolicon
I dont wanna sound negative on such a wonderful evening, but isn't 25% up from last year actually a big decline considering it was only in Tokyo last year but two cities this year?
@MagicalMiku

I'm guessing they just double counted everyone who attended both venues?
25% seems a bit low but then again not many people would go to both.

The biggest reason I think not a lot go to both locations is how the live show glowstick were waving.
By the last Osaka concert almost everyone knew what to do for all the songs, but when I went for the first tokyo concert it was back to square one with less active glowstick action.

On the other hand, to disprove my theory is this image of all the visitors from each location going to the other location and it still looks like it's a lot.

AF26331A-362D-4D7D-8564-C633D787222F.jpeg788C5174-AECE-42BB-80F9-61DB324CB45D.jpeg

mikemapa

New Fan
Aug 17, 2018
I attended the Tokyo Sunday night live, and it was an amazing, high-energy experience that I will never forget and hope to do again! I gotta say, though--while the projection was super-sharp and the animation quite lifelike, having watched lots of Miku concert videos on Youtube, I thought the screen would be more transparent. The frame of the screen, when lit up, was like a light gray that sometimes broke the 3-D illusion for me. Did anyone else have the same reaction?

@Osakablade was right about the bassist--she was very good, indeed. During the band member introduction, when Chloe was introduced and played her solo, the guitarist beside her bowed a "we are not worthy" bow towards her! :D

Reactions: RabbitWhale39

danox574

New Fan
Aug 27, 2018
pins - 1.jpgHi - I ended up with one missing yellow exhibition entry pin, and have duplicates fro Kaito/Miku, so if anyone would like to trade for a Len I'd be interested!

I'm in the USA!

Last edited:

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Miku's pin is the hot pink one which matches her Magical Mirai 2018 outfit's megaphone.
There is no green one and the blue one is Kaito's.

RYO

New Fan
Aug 29, 2018
Miku's pin is the hot pink one which matches her Magical Mirai 2018 outfit's megaphone.
There is no green one and the blue one is Kaito's.
Ah ok cool, that's the one I got. I didn't know there was a color variation til today.
I love Pikazo's color design/art, but that confused me for a bit.

hehe :3
i'm happy I got the chance to (finally) meet with many of you again!
first sakumadrops, then Kevin and Rob, then sakumadrops and his friend again, and then iamnoob! (I felt somebody tapping my shoulder, I looked back, and I heard "here is the legendary Gabriel" hehe xD
and is funny to reply to some questions being cautious and mysterious "mmmm i don't... know... mmm.. who knows... " hehe :3
(but yesterday I gave a big hint to Kevin and Rob about Magical Mirai 2019)
i'm sorry I couldn't meet Justin in Osaka, and I really hoped wei wei could attend this year (for No Logic!!), but at least he can preorder the bluray now :)

yes, the attendance was record again, about 25% more in total ^^
next year will be so nice, at Intex Osaka and Makuhari Messe again ^^
being in Osaka, is really a big help for all the japanese fans living in the west Japan. and Crypton CEO said a nice thing about a few days ago: many couples thanked him, because mos of the couples and families you see during Magical Mirai, are born during these years. It was a very beautiful thing to hear. In fact, if you noticed, last year and this year there were really a lot more of couples and families with children. that's such a good thing :)
This is a good argument to reply to those smart-assess who think that Miku fans have "no life". This is definitely a satisfying life.

I'm trying my best to join you all next year. I already checked that the next summer holidays of my school are going to last until early September - perfect time for a Japan trip! Of course, I would like to see Osaka and Tokyo while I'm there.

I still hope to find some plushies from this year. Is there a place/site that a MM18 Miku plush could appear at?

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I still hope to find some plushies from this year. Is there a place/site that a MM18 Miku plush could appear at?
For what it's worth, I'd think you could find these sorts of things from third-party sellers on Amazon or on eBay eventually. Though maybe others know of places where they'll be more immediately available? You would need to watch to be sure the sellers look honest and aren't trying to charge exorbitant prices, too.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Probably what mobius017 said. I saw two of those MM18 plushies at some shop in Akihabara. They almost certainly won't sell online though.
Also, be prepared to pay at least double thw price they sold them at Magical Mirai. I bought mine for 4000 yen at MM, but the ones I saw at Akihabara were over 10 000 yen each.

I recommend keeping an eye on Mandarake too, their prices aren't too crazy usually.

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
This is a good argument to reply to those smart-assess who think that Miku fans have "no life". This is definitely a satisfying life.

I'm trying my best to join you all next year. I already checked that the next summer holidays of my school are going to last until early September - perfect time for a Japan trip! Of course, I would like to see Osaka and Tokyo while I'm there.

If you can wait for a year, GIFT should be selling the MM2018 design again next year; I think I saw the MM2017 one this year in their booth.

And hopefully no nasty typhoons next year. Typhoon 20 was too close for comfort on the Osaka concert leg weekend and Typhoon 21 basically rekted much of Osaka, especially Kansai airport.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Oh wow, that is adorable! One day when I'm rich, I'll have to go to a Magical Mirai and get all this merch

RabbitWhale39

Devout Mikuist
Apr 25, 2018
yes whatever clips I was able to see of the female bass player, she seems pretty awesome. I can just pretend I was there if I'm watching a song from the concert. I'd be surprised if someone was disappointed that there were not enough songs in English. Even if I saw Miku in America, I'd want to see songs in Japanese lol.

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
yes whatever clips I was able to see of the female bass player, she seems pretty awesome. I can just pretend I was there if I'm watching a song from the concert. I'd be surprised if someone was disappointed that there were not enough songs in English. Even if I saw Miku in America, I'd want to see songs in Japanese lol.
I've rarely seen female drummers and bass players, and all those I've seen are indeed good :D

also TIL the illustrator of the Mirai 2018 costume (Mika) is also the designer and illustrator of a known Virtual Youtuber.

No wonder the style and colors were familiar!

Tangent: KEI has also drawn for another V. Youtuber...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)