• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Magical Mirai 2018

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Some new official goods announced as well as conpany booth merch and gachapon prizes:
グッズ | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Looking at the goods lineup I already know my wallet will get a lot thinner at Magical Mirai. There's so much stuff I want, but I expect the happi and some other merch to sell out before I can make it to the counter.

That's not all, there's also info regarding the participating producers/circles of Creators' Market and Piapro Marche:
Osaka Creators Market:
大阪 - クリエイターズマーケット | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Osaka Piapro Marche:
大阪 - ピアプロマルシェ | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Tokyo Creators Market:
東京 - クリエイターズマーケット | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Tokyo Piapro Marche:
東京 - ピアプロマルシェ | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Again, a lot of awesome creators taking part this year, this year there's not only music producers, but the Piapro Marche is for illustrators and other creators to sell their works.

@mikufanwithoutaticket you can buy the exhibition tickets at the door, but a concert ticket includes an admission ticket to the exhibition too. :)

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines
Some new official goods announced as well as conpany booth merch and gachapon prizes:
グッズ | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Looking at the goods lineup I already know my wallet will get a lot thinner at Magical Mirai. There's so much stuff I want, but I expect the happi and some other merch to sell out before I can make it to the counter.

That's not all, there's also info regarding the participating producers/circles of Creators' Market and Piapro Marche:
Osaka Creators Market:
大阪 - クリエイターズマーケット | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Osaka Piapro Marche:
大阪 - ピアプロマルシェ | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Tokyo Creators Market:
東京 - クリエイターズマーケット | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Tokyo Piapro Marche:
東京 - ピアプロマルシェ | 初音ミク「マジカルミライ 2018」

Again, a lot of awesome creators taking part this year, this year there's not only music producers, but the Piapro Marche is for illustrators and other creators to sell their works.

Death by gatcha. That got me last year, but managed to get a lot of the little A5 clearfile main visual designs.

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
Does anyone know where I can store my luggage at the venue?

I'm planning to attend the day show on Saturday in Makuhari.

The problem is that I'll be arriving at Narita around 8.00 am, and will probably be leaving for Makuhari by train at 9.00 am if there are no issues at the customs.
I believe the day show starts at 1200pm but you'll have to be at the live stage before then. (or can you still enter a little bit after 1200pm.?)

I booked a hotel in the middle of Tokyo, so leaving my luggage there before attending the event is definitely not an option, as I won't be able to go to the hotel and make it back to the venue in time, and there are possible flight delays to consider too.

I'm considering luggage delivery as the last resort but I'm a bit too paranoid as this is my first time in Japan alone.
I would feel safer knowing where my luggage is at all times.

Maybe there are staff at the venue who handles this sort of stuff?
Maybe there are luggage storage service at the Kaihimmakuhari Station?

Any suggestions?

dubsteppin

It is your duty to be happy!
Apr 8, 2018
RVA
Depends on the size of your luggage. I don't remember if the station had any storage but I wasn't really looking for any when I went through it.

I do remember seeing a lot of the Chinese at the lives carrying their luggage with them. If it's not wider than your seat, you can always sit it on there since you shouldn't be sitting down during the show anyway! :ia_ani_lili:

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
Hey, thanks for answering!

Of course, I've never sit through any MM live shows. That's pretty much an unspoken rule :)

I've been attending this event since 2015 and I feel the seats are a bit cramped already with just my backpack in the past events., let alone a full-sized traveling luggage.
It would be pretty hard to jump if I have a backpack on my seat and a big travelling luggage in front of me, you know.
Besides, I think the space between the rows and the seats are too narrow to fit a large travelling luggage anyways.

Well, I kinda expected that since this seems to be a kind of hot spot for tourists(with all those outlets)I would expect this place to have a better accommodation for tourists, but I guess not.

Tainted

Multimedia Creative
Apr 14, 2018
Philippines

Of course, I've never sit through any MM live shows. That's pretty much an unspoken rule :)

I've been attending this event since 2015 and I feel the seats are a bit cramped already with just my backpack in the past events., let alone a full-sized traveling luggage.
It would be pretty hard to jump if I have a backpack on my seat and a big travelling luggage in front of me, you know.
Besides, I think the space between the rows and the seats are too narrow to fit a large travelling luggage anyways.

Well, I kinda expected that since this seems to be a kind of hot spot for tourists(with all those outlets)I would expect this place to have a better accommodation for tourists, but I guess not.
You can gamble and try stashing your luggage in the large coin lockers in Makuhari. The ones slightly far from the entrances are a bit sparsely occupied with what I remembered last year.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018

Bear in mind this is from someone who's not done this sort of travel, so you may get better suggestions from those who have. But, since shipping your luggage ahead to the hotel via luggage delivery (or maybe even FedEx?) is possibly a necessary evil for you, if you're concerned about doing so, you could always:
  • Pack as light as possible
  • If you still need to ship stuff ahead, keep a backpack of essentials with you. Just what you'd absolutely need: tickets, passport, money, hotel reservation stuff, luggage claim stuff, translation stuff, phone/charger, some clean underwear/socks, etc. Just the basics you'd need to survive in the event your luggage happens to disappear. Hopefully, it'll just make you feel better, but at least that way you won't be lost if the worst happens.

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
You can gamble and try stashing your luggage in the large coin lockers in Makuhari. The ones slightly far from the entrances are a bit sparsely occupied with what I remembered last year.
Yeah, I've also considered that option. I'm just not sure if those coin lockers can accommodate larger luggage, a large size American Tourister to be exact.
This brand seems very popular so I hope that should give you guys some idea on its size.

Another thing to note is that there will be nothing of value in the luggage(Well, not yet :)) and the luggage itself isn't the expensive kind, so I'm open to just leaving the luggage somewhere in the venue. Is there any good spot for that? Maybe in front of the live venue where the staff is?
I don't mind dragging my luggage around in the exhibition, I just don't want it to be in the way during the live show.

Bear in mind this is from someone who's not done this sort of travel, so you may get better suggestions from those who have. But, since shipping your luggage ahead to the hotel via luggage delivery (or maybe even FedEx?) is possibly a necessary evil for you, if you're concerned about doing so, you could always:
  • Pack as light as possible
  • If you still need to ship stuff ahead, keep a backpack of essentials with you. Just what you'd absolutely need: tickets, passport, money, hotel reservation stuff, luggage claim stuff, translation stuff, phone/charger, some clean underwear/socks, etc. Just the basics you'd need to survive in the event your luggage happens to disappear. Hopefully, it'll just make you feel better, but at least that way you won't be lost if the worst happens.
Just saw your post. Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do in all my travels. I keep the essentials in my backpack and leave the luggage empty, maybe just put a few clothes in there.
I brought it for figures and souvenirs (mostly figures XD) that's why it has to be big.

Last edited:

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
Well, it seemed like I lost every bid for 9/1 Sat day show tickets, so I don't have to worry about those stuff anymore....

On the bright side, I just won the bid for 3(!) 9/2 SS Sunday Evening tickets for Tokyo, for a very high price:(

One is already being dispatched, and two are on their way to the proxy service's office.
I'll keep the one with the best seat, obviously, so there will be two more SS tickets to spare.

As I said, I won those tickets at a very high price, but I'm willing to sell those at the regular price (9000 yen).
Well... actually, that's cheaper than the regular price if you consider the handling fee:)

PM. me if anyone is interested.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Just saw your post. Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do in all my travels. I keep the essentials in my backpack and leave the luggage empty, maybe just put a few clothes in there.
I brought it for figures and souvenirs (mostly figures XD) that's why it has to be big.
No problem! Another thought I had, which you may/may not like: you could forget the luggage and ship your purchases home. There are a few offhand pros/cons to this.

On the plus side:
  • No need to check a bag, so you avoid the hassle/expense of that.
  • No bag to find a home for before the show.
  • Airline can't lose your stuff.
On the minus side:
  • May be just as/more expensive than checking your bag.
  • You'll need to store up your stuff until you're ready to ship, then find somewhere to ship from.
  • Slower than carrying your own stuff back.
  • Stuff can still get lost in the mail/hung up in customs.
  • If you have anything in your bag that isn't figures/souvenirs, you lose that storage space.

Last edited:

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
No problem! Another thought I had, which you may/may not like: you could forget the luggage and ship your purchases home. There are a few offhand pros/cons to this.

On the plus side:
  • No need to check a bag, so you avoid the hassle/expense of that.
  • No bag to find a home for before the show.
  • Airline can't lose your stuff.
On the minus side:
  • May be just as/more expensive than checking your bag.
  • You'll need to store up your stuff until you're ready to ship, then find somewhere to ship from.
  • Slower than carrying your own stuff back.
  • Stuff can still get lost in the mail.
  • If you have anything in your bag that isn't figures/souvenirs, you lose that storage space.
Well, this is no longer a concern for me, fortunately.

Like I said in my latest reply, the day show on Sat is no longer an option for me and I opted for the night show on Sunday instead.

Personally, I must say that it's better to just buy figures/souvenirs in Japan while you're there. The import taxes can be pretty brutal, you know:)

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions. I'm sure someone else might find those helpful.

lonelier

New Fan
Aug 2, 2018
hello, i have a big problem, i can't register in tixeebox due that tixeebox uses the sim card phone number for send the SMS for register which is wrong, so i already sent an email to [email protected] asking for help like 5 days ago and haven't received an answer, does anyone have the same problem? tixeboox doesn't let youtype your phone number, i think i'm gonna lose my ticket ... :(

dubsteppin

It is your duty to be happy!
Apr 8, 2018
RVA
hello, i have a big problem, i can't register in tixeebox due that tixeebox uses the sim card phone number for send the SMS for register which is wrong, so i already sent an email to [email protected] asking for help like 5 days ago and haven't received an answer, does anyone have the same problem? tixeboox doesn't let youtype your phone number, i think i'm gonna lose my ticket ... :(
It's not just you. Several people from the vocaloid reddit discord are having problems as well. They're having no luck getting responses from support either. The one that did actually get a reply, the only thing it said was "make sure you're inputing the passwords correctly". One of them also posted a tweet showing someone trying to go to an unrelated concert was having issues as well. Seems like the app is broke. Hopefully they can figure it out in time.

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
You guys are lucky. The app doesn't even work on my phone (Note 8) to begin with. It doesn't even get past the SMS verification process to get the app itself working as I can't even type in my phone number for some reason.

I also have no credit cards and none of my friends are going to come with me this year(to show the actual credit card and receive the paper tickets), so my only option for this year is to win bids and get physical tickets before going there:(

lonelier

New Fan
Aug 2, 2018
You guys are lucky. The app doesn't even work on my phone (Note 8) to begin with. It doesn't even get past the SMS verification process to get the app itself working as I can't even type in my phone number for some reason.

I also have no credit cards and none of my friends are going to come with me this year(to show the actual credit card and receive the paper tickets), so my only option for this year is to win bids and get physical tickets before going there:(
so if can't register and get my ticket, if i have my credit card i should be ok to get my ticket at avenue, just show the credit card and that's it?

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
so if can't register and get my ticket, if i have my credit card i should be ok to get my ticket at avenue, just show the credit card and that's it?
No, I just meant to say that I couldn't even choose paper ticket during the application period.

However, I 'm not sure if people who already applied for phone tickets and have trouble receiving them can get paper tickets later in case of emergency or not.

Liamers

New Fan
Aug 3, 2018
Ok so I totally spaced this year and missed the ticket sale window. Anyone got any spare tickets to sell or know where to get them online (for Tokyo).
Yahoo auctions are asking for at least double which is no bueno

F4ng

New Fan
Jul 28, 2018
Ok so I totally spaced this year and missed the ticket sale window. Anyone got any spare tickets to sell or know where to get them online (for Tokyo).
Yahoo auctions are asking for at least double which is no bueno
I've replied to you in the inbox.

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
It appears as though they tweeted a short video or sneak peak of one of the songs being rehearsed:
The song is the Kagamine Magical Mirai 10th Anniversary Theme, Bring It On!

It's in spoilers in case anyone would rather be surprised.

JGV

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Wow! They are already set up, two weeks before the start of the event.

Also, looks like we have a NEW member to the band. A new bass player

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)