• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Male Virtual Singers Appreciation Club

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Saw someone on Twitter saying the only good male JPloids are Fukase and Arsloid and it made me want to die inside, as someone who honestly loves all the male loids?? We stan male synths. I'd love to join :>

Coincidentally my favorite boys are also my favorite 'loids -- Leon, Kaito, and Tonio! Closely followed by VY2, Kiyoteru, and Cyman. The only female loid really high in my list is Miriam oops--

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Saw someone on Twitter saying the only good male JPloids are Fukase and Arsloid and it made me want to die inside, as someone who honestly loves all the male loids??
"Only good male JPloids are...Arsloid"
Me: :arsloid_smile_lili:
I'm curious on this person is, but yeah, all male JPloids are good in their own ways. :kiyoterunatural_lili::kaito_ani_lili:

• Haha
Reactions: Leon

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Hey since everyone here is interested in the subject, who are some unique sounding male utaus / virtual singers you know? I know "unique" is subjective but I'd love to hear anyone's recommendations! (I might make a compilation of some, maybe, if I get enough to make a list). I was thinking about the topic after seeing this thread on twitter.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
(Please do not attack this person, they like male utaus as well and just want more tonal variation out of them)

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
OOOH I have some ideas!!!

the first thought in terms of unique-ness that comes to mind would def be shinji hibiki-- his pronunciation is.. wild lmao. and his voice is so cool because it is just so so WEIRD... i don't know how else to explain it? that's why i've always liked him. his creamy append is also fun to use.

Caeles is another UTAU that comes to mind as unique in the sense that there aren't many *actually* deep voiced UTAU. and the ones that do advertise being deep are usually not god material lets be honest here. caeles' voicebank is really well made too, clear breaths, glottal stops, etc etc. here's a good example of him in use, by his creator too!! caeles definitely stands out because his voice is deep asf and there aren't a ton of super deep-voiced UTAUs out there and rook has not aged well.
also, i'm super basic. i know i've expressed a little bit of my unending admiration for ruko yokune's masculine libraries on here before :yokuneruko_lili: :yokuneruko_lili: and while i feel like i'm gonna get shat on for calling a vipperloid "unique" i choose to defend my stance!!! bringing up their famous power (kire) bank; what is really interesting to me is how each pitch is just a little bit of a different tone from the others (i previously had a beefy paragraph explaining each but this would get too long gjshfnsdk). also, personally, i haven't used or heard a male UTAU that sports a rough vocal strain (?) effect in the higher ranges as naturally as ruko does. okay maybe there's a little bit of bias here, they're my favourite UTAU under merry kohaku hehe. ruko just has a really cool voice man idk!!!?! probably because Yuu Raichi (CV for ruko's masculine libraries) has such an awesome singing voice too :)))

Caeles is another UTAU that comes to mind as unique in the sense that there aren't many *actually* deep voiced UTAU. and the ones that do advertise being deep are usually not god material lets be honest here. caeles' voicebank is really well made too, clear breaths, glottal stops, etc etc. here's a good example of him in use, by his creator too!! caeles definitely stands out because his voice is deep asf and there aren't a ton of super deep-voiced UTAUs out there and rook has not aged well.
I am in love with everything about Caeles. His design... voice... everything!

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
For anyone who likes Kaito here is an original work from a producer I consider very underrated If you like this song they have a few more on their channel m_zsm
(Also can I join this club? :D)

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Sorry for double posting, but Streetpop's message reminded me of this Kaito user I follow! He mostly makes MMD animations, but he just posted this Kaito/human duet!
This is the video that introduced me to the channel-they get so much expressiveness out of an MMD model :gackpo_lili:

Reactions: Rolo
Probably have shared a few of these, but LEON is painfully underrated in my opinion. Here are some of my favorite songs with him (and some of my favorite VOCALOID songs in general) for anyone interested in him.

The World Tonight (probably my favorite VOCALOID song ever)
Anytime I Want You
Memories (duet with LOLA)
Cover of Take On Me by A-Ha
Cover of Instant Crush by Daft Punk (makes me think of my old home... the memories :D I love this song)

There are lots more out there, too, but those are my absolute favorite. LEON has a lot of nostalgic value to me, which is one of the reasons I love him so much, so many of these songs are just as nostalgic. So I hope you like them as much as I do. :D

My other contribution for now is a tidy list of my favorite Gakupo songs. I think he's more popular than LEON, but I still feel like he could use some love. Here's my list for him.

Butterfly (another of my absolute favorites. Need more pure songs like these for my eggplant man!)
Bacterial Contamination
Zero (Not a huge fan on his voice here? But I still like it, nonetheless. He just sounds really... forced)
Corrupted Flower (duet with Luka and I swear this is the best version of this song out there)
Le Rouge Est Amour (one of Gakupo's best originals)

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy. :)

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
People have posted about this in the synth v thread already, but here's some demos of Genbu singing in Synth V Studio Pro!

he seems to have more pitches recorded

• Love
Reactions: peaches2217

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)