• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Miku Expo 2020 Europe

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
The first sneak peek at tour merch?
I really hope there will be a T-shirt design with the main visual. The art on these shirts is okay but not very exciting

EDIT: I don't wanna double post so I'll just add this here:
Digital Stars for Berlin and Let's Paint events announced (Let's Paint will be digital this time around, with a pen and paper option):

Digital Stars
DATE
January 19th Sun. 2020
4:00pm - 8:00pm

ADDRESS
Prinzenstraße 85 F, 10969 Berlin

REGULATION
All age
*parent or guardian accompaniment required for ages under 16

FEE
TBA

Let's Paint

London
To be announced

Paris
DATE
January 15th Wed. 2020
4:00pm - 8:00pm

Le Dernier Bar Avant la Fin du Monde (All ages)

ADDRESS
19 Avenue Victoria, 75001 Paris

FEE
Free

Berlin
DATE
January 18th Sat. 2020
1:00pm - 5:00pm

ADDRESS
Oranienburger Straße 13/14, 10178 Berlin

FEE
Free

Amsterdam
DATE
January 25th Sat. 2020
1:00pm - 5:00pm

ADDRESS
Europalaan 939, 1363 BM Almere

FEE
Free

Barcelona
DATE
January 27th Mon. 2020
5:00pm - 9:00pm

ADDRESS
Carrer Malats 8, 08030 Barcelona

FEE
Free
Aw, I can't attend Let's Paint, or even the Digital Stars event :( I'm flying to Berlin on Sunday and landing about an hour after Digital Stars begins.

Last edited:
Reactions: cafenurse

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
MikuFiesta was one of my favourites of the entries, nice to see it won! Runner ups aren't bad either, I kinda like all of the winners.

Reactions: Aia

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
MikuFiesta is... nice? I feel like I'm being really negative but it just feels like completely the wrong context for the song to be picked as the winner though. Like it's the perfect song for a Mexico/South America tour, but for a Europe tour it feels kinda weird. The English/Dutch/German/French part felt kinda shoehorned in there, too. Ah well, it's a cute song, production on it is nice enough.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
MikuFiesta is... nice? I feel like I'm being really negative but it just feels like completely the wrong context for the song to be picked as the winner though. Like it's the perfect song for a Mexico/South America tour, but for a Europe tour it feels kinda weird.
I get where you're coming from, but in American tours we have songs in Japanese about Japan and it's not considered weird then.
Plus I feel like the idea of Miku Expo is to connect the world through Miku.

Reactions: peaches2217 and Aia

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
MikuFiesta is... nice? I feel like I'm being really negative but it just feels like completely the wrong context for the song to be picked as the winner though. Like it's the perfect song for a Mexico/South America tour, but for a Europe tour it feels kinda weird. The English/Dutch/German/French part felt kinda shoehorned in there, too. Ah well, it's a cute song, production on it is nice enough.
I get where you're coming from, but in American tours we have songs in Japanese about Japan and it's not considered weird then.
Plus I feel like the idea of Miku Expo is to connect the world through Miku.
I understand that feeling, too. For me, at least, I think it's because I'm from the US and English is my first language. I sort of feel like there isn't a truly "native" culture that most people share in my country (though I'm sure some anthropologist who has studied/surveyed/thought a lot about it would disagree); I'm just not sure what it would be--something involving baseball and hot dogs? So when something like a Miku tour happens, it doesn't seem inappropriate for her to bring whatever along with her, because there's nothing really dominant for her to be neglecting.

From my point of view, then, seeing a primarily Spanish song have other languages thrown in feels kind of weird, since Spanish is associated with, in my mind, a more unifying/dominant culture of its own.

That's just from my own arbitrarily skewed POV, though. Getting back to Europe, logically, each stop on the tour is in a country with a different dominant language, so having her use Spanish primarily and have the other languages added in from other spots on the tour doesn't seem unfair. And I think the song does Spanish pretty well, which I find really cool! Gives me hope for Miku Spanish one day :) .

Reactions: Aia

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
From my point of view, then, seeing a primarily Spanish song have other languages thrown in feels kind of weird, since Spanish is associated with, in my mind, a more unifying/dominant culture of its own.
I can see that. From how I see it though, Miku expo and perhaps Miku herself represents bringing all kinds of different people together, so it makes sense to me :)
I also like the touch where she sings multiple different languages cause like you said, she'll be visiting many different countries that all speak different languages, so I think that part of the song is really sweet.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I can see that. From how I see it though, Miku expo and perhaps Miku herself represents bringing all kinds of different people together, so it makes sense to me :)
Oh, yeah, for sure. The way Vocaloid/Miku as one of its primary ambassadors makes a hand available to everyone is one of its aspects that I find really cool as well! The disconnect I feel is just because that more immediate/intuitive response that I described isn't quite as smart as my head is :) .

Reactions: cafenurse

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
rpg_cv01 shared an English translation in the comments!
Hey you! Come here! Let's go to the MikuFiesta, That music helps you to enjoy. Let's dance and leave all your sorrows behind, The rumba gets good and you won't wanna let it go.
I want you to come to this great celebration, where the whole world already has its invitation, today the stars will shine and we will leave the mark like the love that reaches us to the bottom of the heart.
The band will ride when the night starts to play the songs everyone will hear and with all the people my voice will be so powerful that on all continents will not stop singing.
Hey you! Come here! Let's go to the MikuFiesta, That music helps you to enjoy. Let's dance and leave all your sorrows behind, The rumba gets good and you won't wanna let it go. (2x)
All the dreams that you have in you are fulfilled in my songs, it's something that I carry in me; the joys and cries and all those passions that many often feel will be reflected in my song.
You know that I'm Japanese and that I travel from north to south, I master all the rhythms with the best attitude, what I tell you is no joke and I don't care about the language, ♥you are special, mijn beste, ich liebe dich, mon amour... Mua!♥
...Let's go, oh がんばれ!(16x) Let's go to the MikuFiesta!
I send all my love For my people from all continents. Let's go to the MikuFiesta!
Dance with me, let the night be a witness of our celebration. Let's go to the MikuFiesta!
Enjoy the sound of my band that plays pop, rock and samba; Hey, how nice it sounds, caramba!
Let's go to the MikuFiesta! Now that you arrived, nice to greet you, I'm 初音ミク, はじめまして! Let's go to the MikuFiesta!
Let's go to the MikuFiesta! Let's go to the MikuFiesta!🥳

I really love Miku songs that are about Miku, so it just increases my love for the song.

Reactions: mobius017 and Mika

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
If you're attending the concerts in London, Paris and/or Berlin, you might want to check out the Cheers39 afterparties organized by fans:

I made a thread for Cheers39 here:

Reactions: Pup-p

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
Aw, second time I won't be able to go to the Let's Paint :kaito_lili: They should announce them sooner, it's been too long since I bought my plane tickets. Although I remember there was a 'similar' Let's Paint in the London venue on the day of the concert, I went straight to the map so I couldn't really check it. I wonder if that will be done again on the day of each concert... :luka_move:

MikuFiesta is... alright? I tried listening to it a few times but it's not that catchy to me, yet it's not a badly produced song! It still doesn't sound like a concert song though? Can't see myself jamming to it right now haha But we'll see on the day of the concert. I'm curious about how they'll perform it live.

Now to wait for December 6th in the meantime...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)