• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Miku Expo 2020 Europe

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
^Yeah, the VIP merch is a letdown again, for the ridiculously high VIP ticket price you would exoect to get decent VIP goods.

That's way better than the 2018 VIP goods at least, but still disappointing keeping in mind the price.

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
Not a fan of this year's VIP, like at all :/
Personally, I prefer last year's, the notebook tops everything that this year has to offer for me and the price ratio was understandable (Plus there was a note that they couldn't have everything shipped? If I remember correctly). I don't really like how this year's illustrations have been used. I guess I just prefer more colorful styles :miku2_move:

Merchandise webpage seems to be working now, after a lot of trouble, but the shipping price calculation seems a bit silly - shipping prices for the individual goods instead of a final calculation when all the items are all together? I don't know, I don't think an extra wristband adds that much weight to the original package...

Also! I'm surprised they aren't doing photoshoots this year, considering how popular they were, I wonder why.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
They were popular?
As one of the people who got a picture with Miku: I am like the biggest Miku fan on earth (I think? xd), and while I am glad to have a picture like that...it is definitely not worth the price.
They handled the whole thing very poorly. Considering it was so expensive and only super-fans would do it, you can definitely expect some effort being put into it. How awesome would it have been if they animated Miku for this and have her say a few words to everybody on stage with her? Too expensive? Well...no! If that is too much, then at least Miku should have been given some sort of "idle animation". But no, she was just a static picture pretty much.
And don't even get me started on how long it took them to ship the damn picture...and it was just a really poorly printed picture too!! Luckily they also took a picture with everyone's smartphone.
How come the picture I printed at the local drugstore for 19 cents was far better quality than what they shipped after like 2 months?

Yeah. I love Crypton and am so thankful for the events every year, they deserve a lot of praise especially for the variety in concerts the last few years imo, but THAT was shitty.
And the whole VIP situation with what we get is a similar kind of thing too I think.
They should treat their hardcore fans better!

/rant over xd

• Wow
Reactions: Nezuh and uncreepy

Ceres

「会いたかった」
May 13, 2018
Considering they all sold out and pretty immediately as far as I remember, yeah, I would say they were popular!
If they were liked afterward, that's a bit of a different story. I only heard that Miku was static, not much else, but damn sucks that it wasn't that good, I'm sorry to hear that!

I would have taken a picture with Rin in a heartbeat, but that... wasn't even an option... >.> (And it's not like it would be too difficult either!) I think Crypton is still learning, after all these years (Like how they added a Luka speech this year) so I hope they do better! Like I would have expected that you could choose Miku's pose at least? Since they have a lot of premade ones, but all the photos I saw Miku is in the same pose, makes it feel a bit less unique! ><

Additionally just looking at the official page it looks like VIPs for London and Barcelona only get in 30 minutes before? That has to be a joke, right? :/ Or at least merch sales at a different time? Aaah I don't wanna feel let down :c

• Sad
Reactions: uncreepy

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah! I don't think they do bad things to be mean.
The improvements to the concerts in recent years, and the Luka/Miku speech (that and Jump for Joy's performance was the best they have like done ever) and more, they are doing lots of good stuff.
They also launched a survey after Mirai 2019 where people could give feedback and tell them what they are missing in the expo part of Mirai, what kind of merch they want, which new songs. It was only in Japanese though!

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Ha ha, that's really cool! That doesn't look like a Mikuture pic or something, either--I'll bet they used some kind of more official model. The face has a bit of extra softness and humanity added to the usual anime style, and her hair looks really detailed, too (moreso under the umbrella).

If that's a successful incognito disguise for her, though, I think no one's paying attention :) .

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Wow, literally all of the comments on the first tweet are full of betrayal and disappointment. That stuff is like cheapo "freebie" stuff you could be given at a job fair or trade convention just for showing up to a booth, and it's definitely not worth $100. S: Maybe if they were made out of gold. They could have given a couple more stickers if they were gonna be that stingy. I feel sorry for the people who bought the VIP tickets.

Sep 21, 2019
I am in love with that model! She's so pretty!

(@ anyone: someone hurry up and make an MMD replica of her; she's gorgeous and I need to add a model like that to my ever growing MMD model collection that's probably taking up a good chunk of my disk space.)

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Id feel a little robbed if I spent that much money on a VIP ticket for those freebies
I know these are exclusive, which adds to the value, but if we ignored that I don't think those items combined would even reach a 50 dollar total.
I mean seriously....lanyards and stickers are usually given out for free at events. I have tons from college orientation alone.
I got a Miku tote bag some years ago for like 20 bucks. I'm not sure how much a licensed merch tea towel is but I certainly wouldn't call it 30 dollars worth.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
It's still too much money, but the main reason I spent the money for the best tickets was being as close to the stage as possible.
For Berlin, only those tickets are guranteed the front standing section.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Yeah what a rollercoaster.
I went from being so excited that fucking WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY was gonna be there to "wait a minute, that date doesn't seem right"...
Like why announce a date in the first place? If I would have known that, I would have planned differently. Like how it is now, I am just not in Berlin yet with no way of changing it.
This really, really sucks.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Let's Paint details for London:

Also:
(The Digital Stars 2020 merch available consists of only a badge and a keychain as of now. I suppose more will be added later, hard to imagine that'd be all)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)