• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Miku Expo 2023 VR

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Now at 97%, so the initial goal will probably be reached this week.

Before the crowdfunding started people were quite sure that it won't reach 100% anywhere near as fast as the 2021 edition did (which was like 12 hours or something?, less than 24 hours anyway). I predicted back then that Expo 2023 would get funded in a week or so. It turns out it's now been 5 weeks to get to 97%.

I don't think the extend goals will be reached, BUT, I have a feeling CFM will end up doing the stretch goal stuff, or at least some of them anyway.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
It'd be generous if they did do some of the extension stuff (Likely the contest stuff first, but I'd love to see a setlist extension, too.). But fair is fair--I can see where they wouldn't do anything. It's just unfortunate that, without the extensions, folks will have more stuff to decry once the event is over--you know they'll come out with "It was so short!" etc. if the stretch goals aren't met. CFM's in sort of a difficult position either way; folks who want a successful concert are, too, if they choose to hope for such a gift.

Last edited:

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
mm..I agree.. and I don't know if a kickstarter campaign can be extended by some extra weeks, but I can imagine that Crypton might contact some companies to sponsor the event and reach some extensions ^-^

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I wonder if the video in the video-type packs will be the 2D or 3D version? I guess it'd almost have to be both, since there's no telling if a given backer has VR equipment.

Reactions: MagicalMiku

MagicalMiku

♡Miku♡
Apr 13, 2018
Sapporo
good question! probably yes, they'll give 2 video types, one normal and one 360 degrees for VR devices. It is possible to put 2 video tracks on same file, for example MKV format, but probably the best solution is 2 different videos ^-^

Reactions: mobius017

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
hehe I think some sponsor company or Crypton itself helped a bit during the last days🎁🎉
I think so too. In fact I suspected this may happen at some point already back when they really seemed to struggle to reach even the initial goal. Not reaching even the first stretch goal would've been a huge disappointment for many, so I think that indeed CFM or some affiliated company provided the remaining money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)