• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Most cursed moe voicebank?

Pick two

• IA

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Meiko

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Luka

• Miriam

• Lily

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Iroha

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Yukari

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I sometimes like "moe tuning"... But I think Yukari gets it worse that anyone on this list. Every song I've heard where she's suppose to sound "cute", she just sounds awful. Even her Lin voicebank doesn't sound that good and it was suppose to help with the higher range.

Since she's not on this list however, I guess I'll vote for Miriam and Luka. I don't know how does a "moe Miriam" sound like but given how Engloids don't really work with "sounding cute" by making them sing higher I don't think she'd be an exception.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Here is a high pitched Yukari since I didn't link to a video before. I think it's using her jun voicebank.
There's also other songs like Sayonara Chainsaw and Chururira Chururira Daddadda. Actually, I think a lot of songs on NND try to make her sound cute using her natural voicebank and it just doesn't sound too great, or maybe it's just rare to find cute sounding Yukari that actually sounds good.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
My main choices from the list are IA and Luka.
IA because not only does she have this lovely lower range and more mature yet youthful voice, but she’s famous for that moe tuning! When I first discovered her, I had no idea she had a nice lower voice.

Luka because it just does not suit her at all. When I see Luka or think Luka, I think of this beautiful, mature, womanly sound. And then ou have Dreamin’ Chuchu, which is a great song...but it’s not for Luka. Heck, I didn’t even know it was Luka when I first heard that song.

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
My main choices from the list are IA and Luka.
IA because not only does she have this lovely lower range and more mature yet youthful voice, but she’s famous for that moe tuning! When I first discovered her, I had no idea she had a nice lower voice.

Luka because it just does not suit her at all. When I see Luka or think Luka, I think of this beautiful, mature, womanly sound. And then ou have Dreamin’ Chuchu, which is a great song...but it’s not for Luka. Heck, I didn’t even know it was Luka when I first heard that song.
Secret is another bad one. There's also No No Alien but it's a bad song already :P

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Definitely IA ! She's not supposed to sound so high, yet a lot of producers try to pull off a higher range with her anyway. Just use her intended lower range , it sounds so much better.

I once heard a song with a moe-tuned Flower, but I didn't hate the voice - it was definitely odd to hear though, considering Flower's default settings are quite deep.

Oddly enough, I don't mind higher/moe Meiko. I don't think I've heard moe Lily before. :O

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Here is a high pitched Yukari since I didn't link to a video before. I think it's using her jun voicebank.
There's also other songs like Sayonara Chainsaw and Chururira Chururira Daddadda. Actually, I think a lot of songs on NND try to make her sound cute using her natural voicebank and it just doesn't sound too great, or maybe it's just rare to find cute sounding Yukari that actually sounds good.
Ok that song you linked definitely qualifies. I actually like the other two a lot though!
Oddly enough, I don't mind higher/moe Meiko. I don't think I've heard moe Lily before. :O
For starters, some of her V2 demos qualify. Also "Overnight Sensation" from Vocaloid3 meets TRF.

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
from this list, easily IA. esp since the's the one with the most offenses. I think moe Meiko sounds shrill as well

in general tho, with few exceptions, any mid-low range toned female pitched to sound super cute is kinda cursed sounding imo. Like pitch shifting banks like Mew or Merli is also pretty cursed. Like honestly if you're gonna want a moe voice then use an actual moe voice esp when there's a sea of higher toned cutesy vocals out there

OrlyPep

New Fan
Sep 6, 2018
Under the sewers
In my opinion, I don't like Meiko and Luka singing in "moe", especially the former because I believe their voices supposed to be mature. I have Merli and I realized she's not good for the "moe" appeal. Which is why Miki, Iroha and Gumi are the best choices.

I have no complains for Iroha being a moe especially if I adjusting her voice to even lower gender and sounding like a kid!
Plus the best thing for Iroha since she has both natural and soft is the flexibility of her voice tone pitch...

Here's my sample using V2 years back then, but I actually turned it like a votakuloid? XD

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I heard a cover of Odds and Ends with Meiko V1 before, and OH G O D the TUNING. It was an assault on my ears, let’s just say that

so I’m gonna say that Meiko has some of the worst more tuning

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
I agree that Iroha can actually pull off a moe sound! With most voicebanks, going out of their natural range makes them sound strained and breathless, but Iroha remains pretty strong and stable.

I voted for Yukari, because, just listen to these two back to back:

Nervous 6 year old at a talent show:

Adele who???

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I actually like moe meiko, or rather, specifically tuning her to be Sakine Meiko. Like in Nostalogic and Honey. The same applies to Luka, but it seems like Emon is the only one who can tune her like that and it still sounds good to me, like in Dreamin' Chu Chu. There was another song Emon made with her, but I cannot remember the name.

Moe tuning Miriam and IA seems odd considering their voices, so I suppose I'd go with those despite liking Party. Unless that does not count since it is more high pitched rather than tuned in a moe style?

Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)