OP
Move->Forward

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Staff member
Mar 25, 2018
USA
vocadb.net
If you want the silent note to affect the pitch, you can use [Asp]. The difference between Sil and Asp is that when the note has Asp, the pitch of the note affects the singing. When the note has Sil, the pitch of the note is ignored. Turning off Quantize, you can shorten the length of the silent note so it will not sound as abrupt.
Alternatively (or additionally), you can just increase the Velocity (length of consonants) of the "ho" note. This may shorten the note's h sound enough that it does not "connect" with the "a" note, thus no longer requiring the use of Sil or Asp.

Oct 10, 2018
Hello everyone! I decided to make this account after coming across this thread, which was extremely helpful with the installation process! I've got one of my vocal banks working perfectly, but I seem to be having an issue with my others, and I was hoping someone might be able to shed some insight! (Might be a little wordy, but I'ma try to explain as best I can.)

Long story short, I've used Vocaloid for a couple years. I'm a hip-hop artist, and also a big fan of Yuzuki Yukari. I used her a few times over the years on some original tracks that were never released commercially, mostly for hooks and back-up vox during verses. Thing is, I will admit to being "that guy". My software wasn't exactly 100% legit, and now that I'm in a better place financially, I decided a while back to get licensed copies of my DAW, all of my plug-ins, and also my Vocaloids! I found a copy of Yukari Complete at a killer deal. It was NOT, however, the starter pack, and I still did not have the V4 Editor.

That being said, I was about to buy the V5 editor when a buddy turned me on to PiaPro. (He has V3 Miku). I had previously (and erroneously) assumed that Vocaloid Editor was the only program to use Vocaloids, and it was VE4 that I had used previously. I then read online about Piapro's free updates and realized I could buy a copy of Meiko V3 off Amazon for $100 shipped. What a deal! Perfect, right? I ended up spending quite a bit less money than buying the editor, so I also picked up SF-02 Miki.

The instructions in this thread worked perfectly for registering/installing Meiko, (Thank You!) and I found the process to be damn near identical when registering Yukari with AH-Soft. So I got her registered online, and then launched the V4Activate.exe that she came with. I was able to enter the codes there as well, and it said authorization okay or w/e. So at this point, everything was done correctly, at least as far as I can tell. (俺の読書はくそだ!)

I have watched the video about adding non-Crypton Vocaloids above, but that is where my problem is- Yukari doesn't seem to show up. I haven't installed Miki yet, so idk if it will be the same problem. Was I wrong in thinking this program supported non-Crypton Vocaloid 4 soundbanks? I could SWEAR I saw somewhere that ALL V4's worked with the newest update, which I do have, but now I can't seem to find where I read that and I'm afraid I may have been mistaken. I really can't seem to find anything about using Yukari in Piapro, or any of the other non-Crypton Vocaloids. Info in general seems hard to come by for Piapro.

Also, idk if the file path matters, like DAW VST's, but it is installed in OS(C:)---Program Files (x86)---Common Files---Vocaloid 4.

TL;DR My V4 Yukari won't show up in updated Piapro studio.

So what's the deal? Am I missing something, or do I have to buy the actual Vocaloid software after all? That would bum me out a little bit at this point, literally the only reason I bought Meiko was for the cheap editor. (Though I actually like her quite a bit, only previous exposure to her was a couple songs in various Project Diva games, lol.)

Thanks for reading, hopefully somebody can help a dude out!
-Krom

OP
OP
Move->Forward

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Staff member
Mar 25, 2018
USA
vocadb.net
Was I wrong in thinking this program supported non-Crypton Vocaloid 4 soundbanks? I could SWEAR I saw somewhere that ALL V4's worked with the newest update, which I do have, but now I can't seem to find where I read that and I'm afraid I may have been mistaken.
You are right, any VOCALOID4 (and VOCALOID3) voicebank can work in the latest version of Piapro Studio VSTi, but that's for the Piapro Studio V4X Edition.
Only the VOCALOID4 Crypton voicebanks with Piapro Studio come with the V4X Edition. The VOCALOID3 ones, such as MEIKO V3, come with Piapro Studio in VOCALOID3 mode, which does not support V4s, even if you have updated to the latest version. You need one of the specified Crypton V4s to "unlock" the V4X Edition, so to speak.
So, if you did not buy Yuzuki Yukari's VOCALOID3 voicebank, you can't use her in it. If you didn't buy Miki's VOCALOID2 voicebank, you also can't use her in it. Sorry about that. I think the lowest costing product to get Piapro Studio V4X Edition is Miku Chinese. It looked like she came with it when I got her, though I did already have it installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)