• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Piapro Studio Thread

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
If you want the silent note to affect the pitch, you can use [Asp]. The difference between Sil and Asp is that when the note has Asp, the pitch of the note affects the singing. When the note has Sil, the pitch of the note is ignored. Turning off Quantize, you can shorten the length of the silent note so it will not sound as abrupt.
Alternatively (or additionally), you can just increase the Velocity (length of consonants) of the "ho" note. This may shorten the note's h sound enough that it does not "connect" with the "a" note, thus no longer requiring the use of Sil or Asp.

Kromert

New Fan
Oct 10, 2018
Hello everyone! I decided to make this account after coming across this thread, which was extremely helpful with the installation process! I've got one of my vocal banks working perfectly, but I seem to be having an issue with my others, and I was hoping someone might be able to shed some insight! (Might be a little wordy, but I'ma try to explain as best I can.)

Long story short, I've used Vocaloid for a couple years. I'm a hip-hop artist, and also a big fan of Yuzuki Yukari. I used her a few times over the years on some original tracks that were never released commercially, mostly for hooks and back-up vox during verses. Thing is, I will admit to being "that guy". My software wasn't exactly 100% legit, and now that I'm in a better place financially, I decided a while back to get licensed copies of my DAW, all of my plug-ins, and also my Vocaloids! I found a copy of Yukari Complete at a killer deal. It was NOT, however, the starter pack, and I still did not have the V4 Editor.

That being said, I was about to buy the V5 editor when a buddy turned me on to PiaPro. (He has V3 Miku). I had previously (and erroneously) assumed that Vocaloid Editor was the only program to use Vocaloids, and it was VE4 that I had used previously. I then read online about Piapro's free updates and realized I could buy a copy of Meiko V3 off Amazon for $100 shipped. What a deal! Perfect, right? I ended up spending quite a bit less money than buying the editor, so I also picked up SF-02 Miki.

The instructions in this thread worked perfectly for registering/installing Meiko, (Thank You!) and I found the process to be damn near identical when registering Yukari with AH-Soft. So I got her registered online, and then launched the V4Activate.exe that she came with. I was able to enter the codes there as well, and it said authorization okay or w/e. So at this point, everything was done correctly, at least as far as I can tell. (俺の読書はくそだ!)

I have watched the video about adding non-Crypton Vocaloids above, but that is where my problem is- Yukari doesn't seem to show up. I haven't installed Miki yet, so idk if it will be the same problem. Was I wrong in thinking this program supported non-Crypton Vocaloid 4 soundbanks? I could SWEAR I saw somewhere that ALL V4's worked with the newest update, which I do have, but now I can't seem to find where I read that and I'm afraid I may have been mistaken. I really can't seem to find anything about using Yukari in Piapro, or any of the other non-Crypton Vocaloids. Info in general seems hard to come by for Piapro.

Also, idk if the file path matters, like DAW VST's, but it is installed in OS(C:)---Program Files (x86)---Common Files---Vocaloid 4.

TL;DR My V4 Yukari won't show up in updated Piapro studio.

So what's the deal? Am I missing something, or do I have to buy the actual Vocaloid software after all? That would bum me out a little bit at this point, literally the only reason I bought Meiko was for the cheap editor. (Though I actually like her quite a bit, only previous exposure to her was a couple songs in various Project Diva games, lol.)

Thanks for reading, hopefully somebody can help a dude out!
-Krom

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
Was I wrong in thinking this program supported non-Crypton Vocaloid 4 soundbanks? I could SWEAR I saw somewhere that ALL V4's worked with the newest update, which I do have, but now I can't seem to find where I read that and I'm afraid I may have been mistaken.
You are right, any VOCALOID4 (and VOCALOID3) voicebank can work in the latest version of Piapro Studio VSTi, but that's for the Piapro Studio V4X Edition.
Only the VOCALOID4 Crypton voicebanks with Piapro Studio come with the V4X Edition. The VOCALOID3 ones, such as MEIKO V3, come with Piapro Studio in VOCALOID3 mode, which does not support V4s, even if you have updated to the latest version. You need one of the specified Crypton V4s to "unlock" the V4X Edition, so to speak.
So, if you did not buy Yuzuki Yukari's VOCALOID3 voicebank, you can't use her in it. If you didn't buy Miki's VOCALOID2 voicebank, you also can't use her in it. Sorry about that. I think the lowest costing product to get Piapro Studio V4X Edition is Miku Chinese. It looked like she came with it when I got her, though I did already have it installed.

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but my Miku V4X bundle is arriving this week and from the little I’ve read it’s a bit of a pain getting it installed?

Does anyone know of an idiots get on how to install it? I really want it up and running to use over Christmas.

Many thanks!

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
From my experience it was quite easy. The package includes instruction sheets (although, since I bought my Miku V4X from Japan, the instructions were only in Japanese, I don't know if it has English instructions when bought from a Western dealer (I don't know where you bought yours though)). There's plenty of setup guides and video guides on the Internet if needed.

If I was able to install it, then anyone can do it :)

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
From my experience it was quite easy. The package includes instruction sheets (although, since I bought my Miku V4X from Japan, the instructions were only in Japanese, I don't know if it has English instructions when bought from a Western dealer (I don't know where you bought yours though)). There's plenty of setup guides and video guides on the Internet if needed.

If I was able to install it, then anyone can do it :)
Thanks for the reply. I bought mine from a JPN dealer on eBay, so I’m expecting zero English instructions. I have found some guides but they range from people like yourself who found it quite straight forward, to others who are completely lost!

Disappointed only part of the software comes on a disc and the rest via a download code - I’m guessing it makes it more awkward for non-JPN speakers to get everything up and running.

Oh well, fingers crossed!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I’m sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but my Miku V4X bundle is arriving this week and from the little I’ve read it’s a bit of a pain getting it installed?

Does anyone know of an idiots get on how to install it? I really want it up and running to use over Christmas.

Many thanks!
Once you’ve registered Miku V4X on Crypton, you’ll have access to an installation guide on Sonicwire in English. The English installation guide may alwo be in the disc itself, but I can’t temember. The installation guide on Sonicwire is under Support > Product Information, but you’ll have to create a Sonicwire account and connect it to a Crypton account, and register Miku here.

If you plan to use Piapro Studio, you may also need a DAW if you don’t have one. Studio One is included and you’ll need to make an account to my.presonus to register and obtain it.

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
Once you’ve registered Miku V4X on Crypton, you’ll have access to an installation guide on Sonicwire in English. The English installation guide may alwo be in the disc itself, but I can’t temember. The installation guide on Sonicwire is under Support > Product Information, but you’ll have to create a Sonicwire account and connect it to a Crypton account, and register Miku here.

If you plan to use Piapro Studio, you may also need a DAW if you don’t have one. Studio One is included and you’ll need to make an account to my.presonus to register and obtain it.
Thanks for your input. Honestly, I’m totally new to all this (had to google what DAW was!!). For now I just want to be sure I can get the V4X and associated software up and running to be able to play around with the voice and put a simple tune behind it - I’m guessing Piapro Studio would be that software (which comes with the Miku package?).

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Thanks for your input. Honestly, I’m totally new to all this (had to google what DAW was!!). For now I just want to be sure I can get the V4X and associated software up and running to be able to play around with the voice and put a simple tune behind it - I’m guessing Piapro Studio would be that software (which comes with the Miku package?).
Piapro Studio is just a plugin--it runs inside a DAW (Studio One, for example), but it can't run on its own. The DAW is where you would put in the background music. Piapro is just responsible for Miku--it's where you put in the notes/lyrics for Miku to sing.

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
Piapro Studio is just a plugin--it runs inside a DAW (Studio One, for example), but it can't run on its own. The DAW is where you would put in the background music. Piapro is just responsible for Miku--it's where you put in the notes/lyrics for Miku to sing.
So am I right in saying out of the box I’ll have the Miku voice with a program to use it with, but no way of creating a backing tune without a DAW? (I’ll have the V4X English bundle by the way).

Edit: sorry, just read the bit where you say Studio One DAW is included.

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
So am I right in saying out of the box I’ll have the Miku voice with a program to use it with, but no way of creating a backing tune without a DAW? (I’ll have the V4X English bundle by the way).
You can crrate the backing track, Miku right out of the box includes a DAW. Piapro Studio is a VSTi, meaning it can only run within a DAW. Miky goes into Piapro Studio and Piapro Studio goes into Studio One basically. Studio One includes everything you need to create a backing track, and it’s included with Miku.

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
You can crrate the backing track, Miku right out of the box includes a DAW. Piapro Studio is a VSTi, meaning it can only run within a DAW. Miky goes into Piapro Studio and Piapro Studio goes into Studio One basically. Studio One includes everything you need to create a backing track, and it’s included with Miku.
Ahh I think I get you. You have the patience of a saint helping me out, thank you so much, should make things easier when my bundle arrives.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Ahh I think I get you. You have the patience of a saint helping me out, thank you so much, should make things easier when my bundle arrives.
You’re welcome! And if you ever need any help, there’s always info around here or you can DM me or anyone else and we’ll be happy to help.

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
Well, my V4x bundle arrived last night and I THINK I’ve got everything installed / registered / activated - none of the software says ‘14 days remaining’ or ‘trial version’!

Is it best to go through the Piapro manual OR Studio One manual / tutorials first?

Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
Quick question. Been fiddling about with Studio One making super basic tunes and beats. Also had a little play with Miku in Piapro Studio. How do I get Mikus’ singing to play with the rest of the instruments? The Piapro VSTi tile is showing under the other instruments on the left hand side in the main screen but there’s no coloured bar to the right of it in the main window?

I know it’s probably something simple I’ve overlooked, but I don’t know what!

Edit: seems like clicking edit in the bottom right to open the mixer has done something!

Last edited:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
Quick question. Been fiddling about with Studio One making super basic tunes and beats. Also had a little play with Miku in Piapro Studio. How do I get Mikus’ singing to play with the rest of the instruments? The Piapro VSTi tile is showing under the other instruments on the left hand side in the main screen but there’s no coloured bar to the right of it in the main window?

Edit: seems like clicking edit in the bottom right to open the mixer has done something!
Not sure if your edit means you've resolved your question or not, but I never see the notes Miku's going to sing while inside Studio One--you can only see them inside Piapro.

Having said that, as far as I know, making Miku sing in the correct places relative to what the instruments are doing is a matter of just putting her notes in the right spots according to where you are in the time of the song.

Unless you meant just getting her voice to come out together with the instruments? That should be as easy as clicking the play button in Studio One (the play button in Piapro will only play Miku). If you still don't hear her at that point, you'll have to check things like
  • Is Piapro muted in Studio One?
  • Are all of Miku's lyrics inside the initial 2-bar area is Studio One where sound won't come out? (It's a buffer area tat needs to be kept empty so Piapro has time to get Miku ready or something.)
  • Is Miku's volume in Piapro/Piapro's volume in Studio One set high enough to hear?

Last edited:

Misas' Bass

New Fan
Dec 4, 2018
Thanks for the tips - now I know Mikus notes don’t appear in Studio One it makes sense, thought I was missing something but clearly I wasn’t!

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA

A VSTi like Piapro won’t make a colored track in Studio One. It should still play as long as you play i. studio One.
Make sure you aren’t putting notes in the darker gray area in Piapro, that is render space really so it won’t be played in Studio One.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)