• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Piapro Studio Thread

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Last week I made a 20 minute video of me using Piapro Studio of doing some PIT BEND tuning, but sometimes I wonder if maybe I should make a few more videos of using Piapro Studio. I remember how a while back (a year or two) I couldn't really find any good videos of Piapro tutorials or even more videos of using it. :kaito_lili:

Here is the video:​

Reactions: mobius017
Sep 21, 2019
Edit: I fixed this issue using a guide I found on Piapro's website. Here's the fix for anyone else having the issue I described below. Piapro Studioを再生するとノイズ、音途切れが発生します。 | Piapro Studio Official Website

Has anyone else experienced an issue with Piapro causing the audio to sound distorted when running it through FL Studio on Mac? I don't have this issue when running it through Garageband, nor the Windows version of FL, but for some reason Mac FL Studio 20 doesn't seem to like Piapro. I would run it through Garageband, but Garageband is too heavy on my computer to run for long periods of time, while FL is much more lightweight...

Last edited:

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Wait, how DO you load Piapro into FL? I feel like that would make it easier to use, since I'm a lot more familiar with FL than I am with Studio One.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Wait, how DO you load Piapro into FL? I feel like that would make it easier to use, since I'm a lot more familiar with FL than I am with Studio One.
I don't want to rewrite it, but I wrote a guide on how to get Synth V to work in FL Studio. The steps are exactly the same for Piapro.
Here is the guide with pictures: Tutorial - How to get Synthesizer V to work in FL Studio
During step 2, I have picture of the plugin picker with Synthesizer V VSTi circled in red, but actually in the upper left corner you can see the Piapro Studio VSTi is there as well. So you would just click the Piapro one instead of the Synth V one and that would be all the steps you need (no need to proceed to step 3).

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm using Piapro in Studio One (I WILL figure it out in time for Miku NT's release!), and I'm having a problem: whenever I open Piapro, I can't play audio from anywhere else on my computer, even after I close out of Studio One. The only way I can make my computer's audio work again is to restart the whole thing. Anyone else have that problem? Is there a better fix for it?

Sep 21, 2019
I know opening Studio One will cause audio outside of Studio One to not play, but it should have been fixed by closing out Studio One. I don't know how to fix it since I don't really use Piapro in Studio One, but have you tried going into your computer's audio settings and checking to see what's up there? Also, if you're using headphones or earbuds, try unplugging/disconnecting them and then reconnecting/plugging them back in.

Hopefully this helps. (Also, it could be a bug with the latest Windows update; I know it broke a few things for me, so if that's the case, they'll probably patch in the next update.)

Reactions: peaches2217

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
I'm using Piapro in Studio One (I WILL figure it out in time for Miku NT's release!), and I'm having a problem: whenever I open Piapro, I can't play audio from anywhere else on my computer, even after I close out of Studio One. The only way I can make my computer's audio work again is to restart the whole thing. Anyone else have that problem? Is there a better fix for it?
If I’m remembering correctly, Studio One needs to have control of the audio while you are using it, so it will block all other sources of sound from your computer while you use it. I think there’s a way to prevent it from doing it, but I forget how at the moment. I think you need to go into your audio settings for your computer and there should be something in the advanced settings that makes it so that it doesn’t happen, but that might block the audio you hear in Studio One.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I'm fine with other audio being disabled while I've got S1 open, I just don't know why it REMAINS disabled after closing out. I'll have to look into it. I've been trying to use Piapro in FL, but it keeps corrupting the file and making me start over.

By the way, a very stupid question, but how do you save stuff in Piapro? S1 only lets me save if I make changes to the overall track, but won't let me save if I haven't, no matter how much I do in Piapro.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Studio One > Options > Audio Setup > checkmark Release audio device in background.

I don't know how to explain well, but this makes it so that you can, for example, have Studio One running but then switch to an internet browser to listen/watch a YouTube tutorial.
audio.png

But as soon as you click Studio One again, you won't be able to hear the tutorial. But if you shrink Studio One and go back to the tutorial you can hear it again. Hopefully that makes some sense.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
I forgot to mention, for saving stuff in Piapro, I make sure I export my work as a .vsqx (just keep re-exporting to resave) and also use "Save As" in Studio One to make sure the latest version of everything is saved right (because Studio One gets kind of weird with the auto save feature and usually won't let you use "Save" normally, so I just rewrite the file by Saving As over and over).

Cyana

The Kagamines are my children
May 25, 2018
Australia
By the way, a very stupid question, but how do you save stuff in Piapro? S1 only lets me save if I make changes to the overall track, but won't let me save if I haven't, no matter how much I do in Piapro.
If you just mute/unmute one of your instruments in S1, it'll let you use the regular save again, and save all your piapro work too. Useful if you've only made minor tweaks, but if you've changed a lot just using save as would probably be better

Sep 21, 2019
Err. Disregard this, sorry. I figured it out; I had to download the update manually AND then restart my computer.

For some reason I can't get Piapro Studio to show up in Garageband as an AU on my new computer running MacOS Mojave (I've already made sure enabled the use of audio units). It installed just fine on my other computer also running Mojave (this was done several months ago) and I don't recall having to do anything special to get it to show up.

I looked at the part of the original post about how to fix it, but I can't seem to find the "SOFTWARE" folder. I'll edit my post here if I figure something out. Any of my fellow mac users know how to fix this?

Last edited:

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
So I finally got Piapro to load into a new DAW (I was gonna post this to that thread but I've already flooded it with enough of my bullshit), and this is what comes up. I'm not given an option to update. The links just take me to a page that tells me to click Help -> Check for Updates, which in turn leads me to this window, which won't let me update.

Forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea what to do.
1580357392180.png

EDIT: I was able to track down a list of previous updates and update it manually! And that, in turn, crashes Cakewalk every time I open it. Time to give up.

Last edited:

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
So I finally got Piapro to load into a new DAW (I was gonna post this to that thread but I've already flooded it with enough of my bullshit), and this is what comes up. I'm not given an option to update. The links just take me to a page that tells me to click Help -> Check for Updates, which in turn leads me to this window, which won't let me update.

Forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea what to do.
View attachment 2929

EDIT: I was able to track down a list of previous updates and update it manually! And that, in turn, crashes Cakewalk every time I open it. Time to give up.
I think to update Piapro first you need to leave the updater tab open, then close Piapro and the DAW. It should then give you the option to update it.

DomoNicoNii

New Fan
Mar 3, 2020

I'm trying the Hatsune Miku trial and when playing the audio in Ableton, it skips the notes from bar 1. Any reason why it does this? Can I fix it or do I have to start my notes on bar 2? It sounds the notes from the beginning in Piapro, but only in Ableton does it skip. The above video shows this if I'm not explaining it well.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
When starting up a track in a DAW, it takes a measure or two for Piapro to play back. It’s frustrating, but starting the track on the second measure rather than the first usually works for me.

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
When I try opening up Piapro in FL, I get this notification:

1590302154574.png

I have ALL of Crypton's V4s. I uninstalled Piapro, reinstalled the version that came with Miku V4X, updated it, and tried again, and I'm still getting this notification. I've never had this issue before... this is new for me.

• Wow
Reactions: GreenFantasy64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)