• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Other Project Ailis by IZUMO.

YOYo_MAMA

I am Thou and Thou aren't Shit...
Oct 19, 2018
Mod note: This website contains suspected malware.

Update: she is NOT a vocaloid, it simply a misunderstanding by the illustrator. What is she exactly?

I strongly advise against visiting her website, as it immediately causes your device to start heating up, probably because it's deliberately wasting energy to mine cryptocurrency.

Update: The illustrator later tweeted an apology on this, she corrected that she mistakenly used the term VOCALOID on her previous post.

Before that there was a small series of teasers, this one maybe her voice, but a following tweet denied it. BUT I don't believe that, unless it is another upcoming vocaloid, or IZUMO is just trolling with us.

The IZUMO website is mostly dedicated to Ailis, giving an intro and future goals. There is also a 2d Live avatar of her. She doesn't do much, just standing there and moving her. But It's surprisingly a cute promotion since it's oddly interactive already and captures the already tending Vtuber vibe. Ailis' design already looks like a Vtuber.

Here is also the intro video that was tweeted, it also plays on their website

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Looking at her design, I thought she was meant to be another VB based on a vtuber. The design is cute, but I find the Izumo project's stated goals slightly odd, as so many banks already cater to otaku culture.

I'll keep an eye on this, as Ailis may very well become a throwback to when Vocaloid was full of otaku-centric banks, but it's all very mysterious at the moment. (Yet another throwback to the golden days of Vocaloid - so many fly-by-night companies popping up, only to go nowhere lol.)

aru ii

Your Neighborhood Tianyi Enthusiast!
Feb 12, 2021
VOCALOID4 Editor
I strongly advise against visiting her website, as it immediately causes your device to start heating up, probably because it's deliberately wasting energy to mine cryptocurrency.
thats why it crashed my computer once I opened it axaxaxcaxadadadadsfsfdffxfsfd

Also ailis's artist admited that calling her a vocaloid came as a result of a misunderstanding

Last edited:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Sheesh, it didn't take long for this one to turn out to be scammy. (Like I said in my first post, it really takes me back to the golden age in the worst way possible lol.)

Infoholic

CEO of Chorical, LLC.
Mar 26, 2018
Cute design, unfortunate fate. NFTs...yuck!

Though I would like to pop in and say the possibilities of the site mining your device are slim-to-none. I've put the site through a few malware trackers and other inspectors and they all returned clean. The CPU usage of devices when visiting the site does accelerate fairly quickly, but it's also important to remember that this site has numerous high-quality video files, interactive image files on top of regular high-quality image files, with animations and motion graphics galore. If you scroll past the bulk of the page, most notably to the bottom, you can see the responsiveness pick back up.

Typically, once they (cryptojackers) have invaded your computer, they open an invisible tab where they do the mining. This would mean that even closing your browser out would still lead to high CPU usage, because the invisible tab would still be running unless you closed the browser manually in Task Manager. After exiting the site, CPU usage drops back to normal rates.

All of this is to say that it really just appears to be a poorly optimized website and it's not the first one we've seen in the anime/vocal-synth adjacent(?) sphere. I remember MUTA's website had a similar problem and was just borderline unusable.

This isn't to defend them, but to provide greater knowledge on how browser cryptominers work. It's important to be cautious when clicking links, but browser miners (from what I've read) aren't really that widely used anyhow. There was a spike ~2020, but they're not considered to be as much of a risk as local alternatives. If someone wants to use your CPU for mining, they're going to use something that won't be able to be closed from Task Manager or whenever you restart your PC. Cryptominers are a concern, but are not a boogieman; especially browser miners for the previously stated reasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)