• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Project Sekai news and discussion

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
Idk why I keep getting a little surprised by just how high-pitched it is! It's pretty cute though. Project Sekai looks really nice overall :)

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I don't know if this has been discussed but... Luka's wearing a different outfit than her V2 and V4X. Well slightly different. I don't know if I just didn't notice it or if there's just not been a lot of promotional art for her in Sekai.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
It’s probably just because Luka's my favorite/the one I actually have a chance of buying but I really liked this one. I may have lost it a little at the shoutout to overseas fans rofl

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Sometimes she sounds a lot... darker than ideal and it's a little jumpy but I think Luka sounds best of them all so far. Finally, Luka being the best sounding Cryptonloid in something LOL

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
I don't know if this has been discussed but... Luka's wearing a different outfit than her V2 and V4X. Well slightly different. I don't know if I just didn't notice it or if there's just not been a lot of promotional art for her in Sekai.
Same goes for Miku, her outfit resembles V3 but it's not quite the same. I wonder if there's a reason for it or did the design team just take some freedom with the costumes?

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I wonder if for Project Sekai / going forward they're going to go with designs that sort of "harmonise" all of their other designs? I think it might make a happy middle, this Luka design in particular I like more than her V2 OR V4.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I made a collage a long time ago comparing the Project Sekai designs to different versions of each Vocaloids if you're interested here: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

Honestly, Luka sounds so muffled to me in that talking clip. Not Kaito/Meiko bad, but still noticeable muffled like she's talking from inside of a box.

• Wow
Reactions: Leon

Leon

AKA missy20201 (Elliot)
Apr 8, 2018
I like Luka's the best so far. It is a little muffled but at this point I'm not surprised haha.

Thanks for the link back to the post @uncreepy! That's really interesting. If those do become their Piapro designs, I'm down for it. Seems like the best of both (or all, in Miku's case?) worlds. And as a Kaito stan, any design that looks more like V1 will automatically win my heart so

Reactions: uncreepy

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I made a collage a long time ago comparing the Project Sekai designs to different versions of each Vocaloids if you're interested here: Cryptonloid voicebank updates, collabs, & concert news (crypton_wat Twitter translations)

Honestly, Luka sounds so muffled to me in that talking clip. Not Kaito/Meiko bad, but still noticeable muffled like she's talking from inside of a box.
Thank you! It seems like some of the purple in the render were blocked by Luka's pose and the other characters which explains a lot.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
So when does this come out and can be expect this in the West too?
I am not very familiar with games on smartphones at all, don't really use my phone for that. But canyou not just download the Japanese apk (I think that's the type of apps?) and play it anyway when it's out?

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
So when does this come out and can be expect this in the West too?
I am not very familiar with games on smartphones at all, don't really use my phone for that. But canyou not just download the Japanese apk (I think that's the type of apps?) and play it anyway when it's out?
No solid release date has been provided even for Japan atm, pre-registration was originally supposed to start around now, but it was postponed and no new date has yet been announced for pre-reg, let alone for the actual release. I imagine it can't be long now before we get news about it's release.

As for a western release, not a single word has been said I think. I would imagine this game will get an overseas release, but that would be somewhere after the Japanese release. I don't know though, but given how large of a project Sekai is, it'd make sense to release an overseas version as well.

I'm not very well versed ln mobile gaming either, but I guess it'd be possible to just download the JP version once it's released.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
When I first got my Samsung smart phone about 2 years ago, I wanted to download Japanese games but had problems because of locale and couldn't figure out how to easily make a Japanese region 2nd account compared to the small, easy steps for iPhone. I had to download QooApp to get Japanese games (basically a proxy sort of app that helps you download Japanese phone games). I am not a phone game person, so I don't know if it's easier to access apps or not nowadays. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Reactions: Aia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)