• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Project Sekai news and discussion

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Still the same really, get Japanese Store on iPhone, QooApp on Android. TBH I actually feel like QooApp is easier to deal with.

Reactions: uncreepy

Aia

DDR-tist
Jul 14, 2019
The Internet™
When I first got my Samsung smart phone about 2 years ago, I wanted to download Japanese games but had problems because of locale and couldn't figure out how to easily make a Japanese region 2nd account compared to the small, easy steps for iPhone. I had to download QooApp to get Japanese games (basically a proxy sort of app that helps you download Japanese phone games). I am not a phone game person, so I don't know if it's easier to access apps or not nowadays. Hopefully someone can confirm.
I have to use QooApp too for Japanese games on my phone, too. To be honest I just prefer if Project Sekai had an English server, I think it'll more convenient altogether.

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Sounds complicated!
I am not much of a smartphone person, I know how to get Japanese games running on my PC but phone...not for gaming imo xd
I'll surely give it a try anyway when it comes out.
Thanks for the suggestions!

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
If this game ever gets a global server it probably won't be for years after the Japanese one releases (that's usually how these games work unless it's for an extremely profitable IP like Love Live). In the meantime, people will probably just download the app through other methods like the ones stated before.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
New look at the Areas
The areas remind me so much of Bandori, but the background in the first few seconds looks so much more lively! Also, at 0:12, the little "circles" remind me of Project Diva X... Wonder if there will be clothes/accessories/stories only available in each circle?

Edit: VocaSphere and an unofficial English Project Sekai account have translated it!

Last edited:

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Looks like people can now download the game, but not play it yet. And judging by how people are sharing pictures of the title screen it also looks like there's no NDA? Which means there will most likely be gameplay videos once the Beta is finally out. Other than seeing gameplay of songs, I personally hope to at least see how exactly will changing characters that are used in MVs work. Will all characters be there from the start or will they have to be obtained one at the time with gacha? I know most gacha games use the latter method but I'd prefer it to be like in Love Live All Stars where all characters are available and you can choose anyone, with gacha only being used for outfits.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018

:confused: It looks like it had an NDA after all, but some gaming sites have written about the beta. Here are two songs that show a bit of gameplay, with Miku and Leo/need characters.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Wow, I legitimately hate how the characters pop in to say one liners. It's really distracting in a music game/reminds me of how characters won't shut up in modern Sonic games. I also don't like the loud SFX for button presses. Hopefully you can turn those sounds off/down in the settings.

Pewe

Aspiring Fan
Dec 7, 2019
Project Message announced

So it seems we aren't too far away from release. I'm expecting pre-registration to be (or at least get announced) around July - mid August. I do hope they share gameplay of unannounced songs.

Traslation on VocaSphere

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Second round of closed beta testing has been decided, some improvements have been made to the game after the first testing. This test round will focus on the rhythm game part of the game, and will accept beginner, medium and advanced rhythm game players, 100 individuals in each category. Applications open until the 19th of this month.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018

Wonder when will the game be released then... They still need to do pre-registrations iirc. There are many interesting questions answered here, like if they are going to hold an open beta or if people who are bad at rhythm games but love Vocaloid music can play as well.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018

Some are predicting the full game will release on Miku's birthday, that would be really nice (and almost exactly a year since the game got revealed to public iirc)!

39dearMIKU

No Miku, no life.
Apr 8, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
I haven't followed this game's news super much, but it looks like this will release internationally at the same time too? Would just save the trouble of getting an apk and not having to manually do updates.
Just noticed though this English account isn't official so maybe not...? I mean, that silly tap game released internationally too so this much more interesting game better too xd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)