• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Project Sekai news and discussion

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
I forgot to mention it, but doesn't it seem like this game uses the multiple Miku theory? I wonder if all of the copies will interact with each other or if they will just be cards/skins/whatever you can win.
Yeah, "many-Miku" occurred to me, too. That's a neat idea, that they might end up being in-game achievements you could unlock.

I was wondering how they would handle that. It seems to me that there won't be "a" world that has Miku in it, there will be millions or billions. I mean, every thought of every one of thousands of people generating its own world comes to a lot of worlds.

But it could be that they'll pare that down some. Maybe the main character can only explore her own worlds?

This game could take some interesting directions. If all the worlds start being able to bleed into each other, that could signal that the meta and real worlds are breaking down or something, and then reality is going to degrade into insanity or pop like a soap bubble.... Kind of epic stakes for a rhythm game, ha ha. :)

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018

Description:
[#SekaiRumors]

The #SekaiRumor we report today concerns orginal characters, including the girl portrayed in the teaser visual

#HatsuneMiku #Sekai
Image:
Sekai Rumors
Starting with the silhouette girl, original characters appear in "Project Sekai".
It seems each is involved with music, and there are units of every musicality.
They will do things like sing and perform with Miku and co.......!?
It appears there are 5 units. Three girl groups and two boy groups. (I think each group has 4 members?)

I'm overwhelmed/confused now and don't know what to think now. Will they be singing Vocaloid songs? Does each unit transport to the virtual world?

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Someone on Twitter suggested that they may be virtual singers competing to be the best virtual singers? If this were the case, maybe they could also be new Piapro characters...

But I'm kind of thinking that they could also be units made of human singers. The silhouette girl looks surprised that she is seeing Miku so this human characters might actually be transporting to the virtual world of the Cryptonloids... Maybe this game will be a mix of human and synthesised voices?

(tbh while I think that having both of these type of voices would be kinda cool, I'm hoping a bit that these are actually new Piapro characters, maybe in new Piapro series (like Miku, Rin, Len and Luka) that focuses on them sounding more realistic. Kind of confusing why would they go out of their way to make so many new characters that can be on the same stage as Miku and others and limit them to this game only... )

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I got tweeted at it and it got me thinking...

What if this teaser of Miku is actually showing what type of units/"worlds" the virtual world is split into?

Idol group (upper left winking), cute/quirky/childish (upper right with cat ears), school band (middle wearing uniform), cool/dark (white Miku on lower left), cool/sytlish (lower right)?

In the teaser of the units, the girls on the upper left appear to have a keyboard and guitar (so they might be rock), the girls on the upper right are probably idols, I'm not sure about the groups on the bottom row.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
So glad they decided to have a livestream this soon since after they told us about other units, it got confusing. ^^; But hopefully this livestream will explain things more thoroughly, and maybe have an overseas release date announcement like Mega Mix... :unsure:

Reactions: Jikyusan

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
According to the Project Sekai twitter, the livestream will shed light to the in-game world, rhythm game system and also reveal some of the game music:

------------------------‐-------------------------
Considering we don't even have a release date for the Japanese release, it might be premature to expect them to announce an international release yet, unless they'd release both Japanese and overseas versions simultaneously. If we even get an international version. (I'm quite sure we will, but it might be launched only after the JP version has been released)

So what I'm expecting from the livestream is a release date for the game as well as a comprehensive explanation of the game features, gameplay and the back story, all these "Sekai rumours" have brought up questions and speculation that need to be answered.

EDIT: fixed wonky grammar in one sentence.

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com

If I undersrood correctly, some the songs in the game will have two versions, the picture on the left says Sekai version (Virtual singers x Original Characters), and the other with the Cryptonloids is Original version. A small disclaimer under the header does mention that some songs only have either version.

Sekai versions I guess mean they're covers by the game's original characters (or their voice actresses/actors really)(?)

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
So the live stream just ended, and contained a lot of new info. First off, the game's full name is Project Sekai Colorful Stage I can't sum up everything right now, I'm sure someone, lile Mikufan.com, will publish a compilation article on it at some point, but here's some picks from the Project Sekai twitter:

Promo video:

The rhythm game system kinda looks like Chunithm:

5 groups consisting of 4 original characters each (all voice acted) (band, idol, street, musical and underground)

Visual novel-type story (animated)

Options to change costumes:

Songs they confirmed will be in the game:

EDIT: Here's a Famitsu article regarding Project Sekai:

EDIT 2: Added promo video

Last edited:

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
It's been posted already, scroll up a bit :)

Now, especially right after the livestream I saw several people being unhappy about the game having so many OCs and that it'd been better with just the Cryptonloids or just a couple of OCs in supporting roles. I have to say my thoughts go towards the same direction, as in I'm worried the OCs are too prominent in the game for my liking. But the thing is: I think they said in the livestream that Project Sekai was designed more for younger people who aren't actual Vocaloid fans and it serves as a kind of gateway to the world of virtual singers. I believe Project Sekai's target market is not the Vocaloid fandom, but those who enjoy rhythm games and those are casual Vocaloid fans. For some who are not harcore fans, buying a PS4 or Switch to play a Miku rhythm game might be a step too big, where as a mobile app is something anyone can download and try out without making investments. In that sense I think Project Sekai is not targeted for us hardcore fans to begin with, but it's intended to attract people who necessarily wouldn't buy a PD series game. Taking tjat into account, it kinda makes sense that they're rolling out so many original characters and making also the non-Vocaloid versions of songs that will be in the game.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
Project Sekai New Year Omikuji has been opened. You get one draw per day until Jan 5th.
(Omikuji is a Japanese tradition where you draw at random what usually is a strip of paper that tells your fortune)

The Project Sekai omikuji is a raffle where you can win amazon gift cards. Main prize is 3939 yen worth, next tiers being 500, 100 and 50 yen respectively. The lowest tier lets you download a Project Sekai wallpaper for smartphones.

To enter, first follow the Project Sekai Twitter account, then access the site to take part:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)