• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

RWBY

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
See now this is the thing I find interesting. I don't think Cinder has told Neo how deep this all actually goes. I don't think Neo knows that Salem even exists. There is only one hint towards her knowing and it's way back in like Volume 2 or 3 and it's Roman who makes a statement that makes it seem he's in the know. It'd be interesting if Neo found out (if she hasn't yet) just how BAD things are and either bows out or does the heroes a solid before leaving. After all, she was just a crook. That doesn't mean she'd be in on bringing the world to ruin. In regards to Emerald and Mercury, those two are so clearly over their heads, it's almost writing on the wall that they really want out of all this.

In regards to them being power hungry, that's purely on Cinder. She's the one always harping on and on about it, while Emerald sticks with her because she believes Cinder actually cares about her (debatable) as well as feeling she owes her for getting her out of the terrible life she had before hand. From what I remember of Mercury, it's because his dad was an assassin (I think) and so he feels he has no choice but to be that.

I'm totally with you when it comes to the Neo thing. I never thought either she or Roman knew anything about Salem, they were just there for a paycheck. Seeing Neo hand CInder over to team RWBY or something on a silver platter would be so much fun. And if Roman is still alive somewhere, which I'd like to hope for, it'd be fun to see them become sort of anti-heroes that help the team every now and then (and also cause trouble a lot, too)

As for Emerald and Mercury, I never really got the power hungry feeling from them, so I wasn't really making that statement to them. But they are incredibly boring in my opinion. Mercury specifically. Emerald is just an idiot.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Man, I can't really see Roman being alive. In fact, his death has always made a singular thought pop into my head: Why the hell is Neo out to get revenge on Ruby anyway? I can't remember if Neo saw his death, but a Grimm did Roman in, not Ruby. Hell, Roman kicked Ruby's ass six ways from Sunday. It's this what leads me to believe that Neo has no idea who Salem is. Because Salem controls the grim (or at least she can) so for that Grimm to kill Roman like that means that Neo and Roman's survival was never important to Cinder or the others at all. I wish they'd play with this angle, but I doubt they will or if they've even thought about it like that at all.

Oh, I'm sure he's dead, but a girl can hope. He's my favorite character, after all.

As for revenge, it's easy to play the blaming game. Neo can't take revenge on a singular Grimm, so instead focuses her attentions on CInder, who she first believed was responsible since she was the reason Roman was there in the first place. After that didn't work out, Ruby made the next best choice, considering how many confrontations Roman had with Ruby.

As for "Neo and Roman's survival was never important to Cinder or the others at all ", I kind of assumed that was common knowledge. Cinder made her feelings about all her lackeys pretty clear, at least to me.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Funny, I think Mercury even had the better fight compared to Emerald. Then again, I think we've only ever seen her fight in Volume 5...which uh...was pretty crappy in terms of fight scenes. Well, besides that one fight that Sun had going on in Menagerie.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
True, it was just something I took notice of lol. That aside, I'm wondering what Volume 8 will consist of. The sneak peek that was shared seems to show the group still in atlas, but where could they be considering Salem is there now.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Wew. Yeah, that sounds about right for Yang. I feel like lately, she spends a lot of time being angry at people. Though, it's not like that isn't totally unbelievable. (I still think her little outburst at learning that Qrow and Raven can turn into birds was pretty stupid).

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Hell, the explanation was already given I think. Ozpin lays it out that he let the two make the choice on their own. They said yes, and now they basically have a really useful super power at the cost of...nothing. at all. Nothing but complete benefit. And yeah, it's almost awe-inspiring how much of a trash mother Raven is. Though I do wonder what she did upon going back to the girl's father.

I was confused by why Raven and Qrow were so upset about the power, honestly. I wondered if I had missed something lol. There's literally nothing wrong with either. Though Qrow does say his semblance brings bad luck in Vol. 7, so I don't know if that came with the powers or not. But for crying out loud, if that's the case, it's not like it was Ozpin's fault (since Qrow likes to blame Ozpin all the time for, well, everything). They made their decisions lol.

I never even understood the point of having Raven in the show. Did she do anything other than fight CInder that one time? Because if I recall correctly... she really didn't do anything to further the plot. And she was pretty boring and annoying.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
From what I recall Raven and Qrow weren't upset about the power at all(I could be wrong, been a long while since I saw that particular episode) There are absolutely no downsides to it. Qrow's bad luck semblence is something he was born with, the bird transformation had nothing to do with it. Now if that WAS the cause of it, THEN there'd be some interesting conflict there. As for Raven? No, she really didn't do much to drive the plot along till Volume 5. Before that volume she served as Yang's motivation I guess? After all, Yang wanted to find her. She shows up in Volume 2, but that was to bail Yang out during her fight with Neo, and after that we don't see her again till Volume 5 (well there is the small short before that where Qrow talks to her in a bar).

When Volume 5 rolls around, we then learn that Raven has the Spring Maiden with her...and then we learn later on that she killed her to get her powers. Raven is interesting actually, because for all her bravado, she's actually a big freakin' coward (even Leo sees through her) and it was good to see Yang call her out on it too. I can only assume she wanted the maiden powers to act as a bit of a bargaining chip to keep Salem from offing her. Which, is probably not gonna happen now, because with Cinder surviving, she can tell Salem who the Spring Maiden is and now all she's done is paint a big ass target on her back. Doesn't help that she's the leader of a gang of bandits either.

Oh, I must be misremembering, then. I swear Qrow and Yang had a discussion about it and he was all depressed about it and blaming Ozpin, but I could be getting that mixed up with something else.

Also I totally forgot about Raven's cameo in Vol. 2 lol. And yeah, she really was a coward. I was so steamed after seeing her bargain with Salem. It was disgusting. And she's really not all that bright, either, considering everything you just said. I wonder if she'll show up again since she has the maiden powers now. I kind of hope not, I already have a difficult enough time keeping up with all the characters they have in this show. I mean, they brought back Neon and Flint for goodness sake, and I still don't know why lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)