• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

RWBY

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
These are just predictions from someone who still has not caught up but knows the gist of what is happening, but;
-Salem gets sealed away somehow because she is too powerful to be defeated
-All four maidens use their power to stop her
-they redeem her
I would really prefer the latter not to happen. It has been happening a lot in shows lately and it is a bit tiring to see, especially if the character does not deserve it, but I can see it happening simply because the redemption route is popular nowadays.

Reactions: ThatGirlMyra

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Of those things you listed, I personally hope that the first doesn't happen, and if it does happen, then I really hope one character points out that doing that is nothing more than a band-aid solution and all it really does is delay the problem until she's one day back and doing what she is now. I can see the redemption thing happening, but I hope the writers are at least halfway smart about it.

Reactions: Stardust

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I agree about the first one. I dislike the trope as well, and it only came to my mind because of how powerful they have made Salem, it is hard to think of how they can beat her. I have a bad feeling it is going to end like X-Men Apocalypse, where the main villain was written to be so strong they had to use a deus-ex machina to defeat him. That would be better then getting sealed away or redemption, but I still would not like it. I wish I could be hopeful with redemption arcs, but too many of them have been done wrong or not even acknowledge what the character did and act as if nothing happened just because the character was sorry for what they did.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Who knows indeed. I feel like the moon may play a part in it. I believe the series has not addressed what happened to the moon yet, so maybe they will use it for the finale somehow(I assume the battle with Salem would be the finale unless they plan to continue the series after that)

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I see, thank you. An odd explanation, but at least we have one I suppose. I recall people saying they never answered it, but I suppose they were mistaken or it was older comments I was reading.

Yeah, the moon thing was a letdown lol.

All in all, I'm really interested to see what they do with Salem. I feel like every outcome they could do is kind of boring. She can't be killed (by Ozpin, anyway, who is the only person I'd be interested in seeing kill her), a redemption arc wouldn't be great (I like them sometimes, but Salem... I don't know if I could stomach a redemption for her), and locking her up would be the most anti-climactic end ever.

So while we're waiting, I was curious as to some of you guy's favourites when it comes to the show? Favourite characters, least favourite characters, favourite fight scenes, etc?

My top three characters are: Ozpin and Roman because I can't choose between them, Oobleck (pretty sure I'm the only Oobleck fan in the whole fandom), and Pyrrha. My top least favourite are: Cinder, Salem, and Yang. My favourite fight is definitely Oz vs. Cinder. It's such a good one, despite its short duration. If I had to choose another, I'd probably choose Neo vs. Yang. I love Neo's fighting style. Neo vs. Cinder was a good one, too. My favourite volume is probably either two or three. Everything after that is a blur of nothingness to me. My least favourite volume is by far four. That volume sucked big time.

Anyway. Just curious.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
My favorite character out of the main quartet has to be Weiss. Outside of that I'd give Qrow my number 1 spot as I enjoy the Cool Uncle trope, not to mention his intro fight with Winter was pretty great.

Despite being a background character, my favourite is probably Velvet. I'm a sucker for an extra with a nice motif.
Velvet was one of my favourite background characters for sure. Her whole design was adorable and her semblance was really original (I realize the irony in calling her semblance original).

I think he was fine still in Volume 7...unless you're talking about the last few episodes of that volume...
I don't know what happened to Qrow in regards to Ruby, but I wasn't a fan of how he just... let her lead. When he is a responsible adult in the group aside from Maria (and Oz, and no one is going to listen to him, anyway). I just find the kids leading the adults trope to be overdone and it's kind of dumb in this case, since Qrow is Ruby's uncle. It would totally make sense for him to help sort of guide her. She's seventeen, after all. And then the whole thing at the end was just mind-blowingly ridiculous.

Reactions: Stardust and lIlI

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Oooh I see what you're saying. See, I say that's less Qrow's fault and more the writers being morons(again). From what you said this has to do with Volume 6 where Ruby talked shit to Qrow about how they'd been doing things their own way without adult help(which is just plain fucking wrong).

That's definitely true, the writers have managed to make a lot of the characters unrecognizable. But yeah, Vol 6 and the beginning of Vol 7 when they get to Atlas and Qrow is just like, "Yeah, Ruby, your idea of hiding everything from Ironwood is a great idea, even though everyone was mad at Ozpin for doing the exact same thing only a little while ago" was... straight-up out of character for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)