• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

RWBY

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Some have said that Ironwood seemed a bit untrustworthy and that's why Ruby did what she did, but I feel like Ironwood actually earned the truth once he explained everything. And it made sense that he'd keep it quiet. That kind of thing was sensitive information and imagine if someone like Weiss's father knew? No doubt he'd have sold that info to Watts.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I hope I am not going off-topic, and if I am, you can feel free to ignore this post.:yohioloid_lili:
So I have finally gotten the time to watch RWBY, and I hope to catch up in time for Volume 8.
However, I am very confused by something in Volume 3.
This thread has a lot of spoilers, but I will mark this just to be safe.
In the episode where Yang "breaks" Mercury's leg, everyone thinks that she attacked him for no reason. The reason why this confuses me is because it was clear that he attacked first, as there was a lot of time shown between him getting up and kicking her, and her punch. The audience would have clearly seen that Mercury attacked first. Even if there was not as much time, they still could have slowed down the footage to see if Yang's claims were true, but they did not. In sports they slow down footage a lot to make sure of what happened since some sports can be so quick it is hard to tell what happened. So why would a world-renowned fighting tournament not do the same?
Also, why does Qrow not recognize Emerald and Mercury? Even if they were in a fight, I would think he would remember the faces of people who tried to kill a Maiden so he would know to warn others in the future that they are part of the group trying to get the Maiden powers.

Okay, I had always been confused by the thing with Mercury and Yang, too. In the end, I chalked it up to Emerald and her semblance being able to make it look like Mercury was going to attack Yang OR Emerald masked Mercury's movements so the audience thinks he was just sitting down the whole time.

As for Qrow... I don't know lol. Lazy writing?

Reactions: Stardust

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
For that first thing, I assumed it was Emerald masking it like Myra said. As for Qrow, I don't think he was actually watching the fights, or it's possible he could have still been hanging around Oz when that went down and he only heard about it through the grapevine, not actually having seen the footage himself?

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Thank you both for your input. I had not thought of Emerald using her Semblance to trick everyone or Yang. That is actually rather clever. I wish that was actual canon instead of a theory. It would be very interesting to see Semblances used for non-fighting purposes. Maybe they are in later volumes.

Qrow sat in a bar at one point watching fights, so I would have thought he caught a few, including the one with Mercury and Emerald's unofficial team, or saw them walking around on campus. It is probably a case of lazy writing like Myra said.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I am glad I was not the only one confused by it.

Reactions: ThatGirlMyra

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
You're right that Qrow was in the bar. But he wasn't really watching the fights, and even then it wouldn't matter because those were either the 4v4 fights, or the 2v2 ones. Like the bar tender said "I don't get it, if you aren't here for these fights, what one are you here for?" and Qrow responds with "That one" looking at the Atlus ships and then going to piss off Winter.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I thought maybe he at least caught a glance of what was happening, or caught Emerald and Mercury's team's 4v4. But you're right that he most likely was not paying attention at all.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Yep, could probably say that this was the one time he really should have kept his eyes on the screen. He more than likely didn't know Emerald and Mercury's names, but if he'd seen their faces, a LOT of things could have probably been averted.

By the way, I don't suppose either of you has seen any of Vol. 8 yet? I feel so out of the loop now that they're being greedy and locking things behind a paywall.

All I know is that
Mercury, Emerald, and Hazel have all returned with new designs. Emerald looks pretty good. Didn't pay much attention to the other two, though. They also have apparently decided to *hint at* expanding Cinder's story. They're only like five years too late because I literally don't care about her anymore lol.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I have not seen anything regarding it yet either. I am trying to wait until all the episodes come out for it since I tend to get impatient.
Speaking of greed, I am still upset they took down Volumes 1-6 off of Youtube so they could push their app, which is apparently very bad and can brick tvs from what I have heard.

Oh yeah. I tried their app once before all of this went down and it's just so awful. I'm lucky some kind soul uploaded Vol. 7 to YouTube or else I probably wouldn't have been able to watch it.

As for Ironwood, I didn't really love him to begin with, so seeing what they're doing with him is just... I just sort of sigh. There's no reason for it. It's just for shock value at this point.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I hear their app is bricking tvs or something now. Which is pretty terrible.
What is really strange is that they are apparently trying to hide that fact. I heard that on their latest podcast one of the members of RT mentioned the bricking, but someone else tried to make it seem like it was nothing, or that the TVs were faulty, and not the app.

I mean, RT is not known for being super responsible. It's not surprising that they're not taking the responsibility for their actions.

But it is kind of funny that their website is GARBAGE and now so is their app. I don't even know why they made an app. Why does EVERYTHING need an app now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)