• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

RWBY

How is there not a thread for this yet?? Or am I missing it lol? Anyway, I'm a big fan of RWBY, even if a few of the later volumes have disappointed me.

My favorite of the main four is Weiss Schnee. I find her to be the only one with a firm head on her shoulders and her character arc is definitely the most interesting. Second to her is probably Yang, if only for her character design.

My favorite of team JNPR is a toss up between Pyrrha Nikos and Ren Lie, but I think Pryrrah wins. I like how loyal and tenderhearted she was. Ren is still pretty awesome, though. I relate to him in a big way.

However, my favorite characters of the entire series are Roman Torchwick (I adore him in every possible way and have spent way too much money on merch and far too much time on leveling him in Amity Arena) and Ozpin (please, please don't insult him near me. I've heard it way too often).

Anyway, there's my little bio in relations to RWBY. I'd love to meet some fellow fans and see your favorites!

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
I've mostly fallen off of the series these days, but if I had to say who was my favorite character from back in the day (Volumes 1-3) I'd say it has to be Weiss as well. Something about her was a lot more believable. I suppose it felt like she had more of a character arc. I used to like Blake some, but as with many things, that fell off along with my general interest in the series.

Reactions: ThatGirlMyra

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
For me, it was her running out on her friends, getting pissed at Sun(Though granted some have made a fair point that what he did came off as a bit stalkerish) and just feeling like she's only around to appease shippers. The whole faunus race thing to me was done poorly, but that's an entirely different thing in my book. I initially liked her for her deadpan-like attitude (think like Raven from the Teen Titans cartoon).

I also agree with you on that. She has no real discernible personality beyond shipping and Fanus lol. She could be done a lot better, but it is what it is and I've begun to kind of just accept that she's here. At this point, it's not like she really does anything anyway.

This sounds a lot meaner than I mean it to, by the way.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Oh no,I totally get it. It sounds mean(And let's be real here, it's not hard to say something mean about the series), but it's pretty much true. I personally think Blake could have been a bit more interesting if she had to work to get back into everyone's good graces again. Especially Yang, even more so if they wanted to pair the two up.

That is true, haha. The series is kind of a mess right now (though I still love it). And that is definitely a good idea. She was accepted a bit too easily in my opinion, but everyone is like that... there aren't any real consequences for most of the team's actions. Vol. 7 (which I don't know if you've seen so I'll try to keep it as spoiler free as I can) really annoyed me because they go and do so many stupid things - even doing what they said they hated Ozpin doing - and yet they don't really have anything terrible happen to them...?

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
I've seen Volume 7 or rather, I kept up with Phoenix/Night's summary videos of it and yeah, that's a bit of an issue with the series: The characters do and say extremely stupid things or things that go against their character. I was fully expecting Yang to chew Ruby out for lying or at least say she doesn't approve, but she gets nothing but reassurance for it. It sucks, because I'm pretty sure that's what helped lead to Ironwood doing what he did. A shame, I was kinda feeling for him with all the shit he was going through.

I absolutely loved Ironwood in Vol. 7. I kind of forgot he existed so I don't really remember too much about him other than his little banter with Crow when he was first introduced. I know everyone hated him in Vol. 7, but I thought he actually brought some spice to the series and his actions made sense considering what he'd been through. I don't like what he did, but he brought some great conflict to the show. And Ozpin is back because of him... sort of, anyway. So that's a bonus for me.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Ironwood's big thing would probably be what occurred in Volume 3. He brought all his Atlas ships and robot guards to Vale/Beacon and in doing so as Ozpin put it: "By bringing your ships and soldiers here, you have indeed increased the security of Beacon. But the question now is 'What are you protecting them from?'" He and Qrow were at odds with one another because Ironwood very much believes in Atlas's military might. The hate for him more than likely came from the very last few episodes of Volume 7 because before then he hadn't done TOO much. In fact, he was a pretty decent guy all things considered. Back in Volume 4, he complimented Weiss's actions during that little dinner party thing, he was coming up with a plan to get communications back up and running and generally he was being extremely helpful to the group by upgrading their weapons, allowing them to train, and keeping Jacques at bay. Thinking on all that now, it kinda sucks how he ended up.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
I learned pretty early on (like at the time of Volume 2) that the fanbase wasn't worth interacting with really. Because Volume 1 was actually really terrible to me and I still stand by the statement that "It took RWBY 3 volumes to actually even start to become good.

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
I mean, you're not wrong, though I hope to find other good fans through this thread. But I suppose the statement "the fanbase isn't worth interacting with" can be applied to every single show/movie/book/celebrity/etc.
I agree. Most fanbases are difficult to interact with for various reasons. While RWBY in particular is infamous for it's fandom, to say it's the only one with a bad reputation would be false.
Oddly, I have the feeling Volumes 1-4 will be my favorites(I'm only in Volume 2, but I know most of the plot from reading fan discussion of the series). I've heard 4 is the worst, but it's theme song and designs featured in the Smite collaboration are what interested me in the show. So I might end up enjoying it regardless of it's flaws.

I personally just found Vol. 4 and 5 to be pretty boring, though they definitely made sense considering the context. The character's actions and backstories (mainly referring to Ren and Nora here) were appreciated as well. But I just wasn't really crazy about them lol. I felt pretty drained and depressed after watching.

Nova

The Man Without The Plan
Staff member
Preaching to the choir on that one. I don't think I've met one person who was happy about that twist at all. Hopefully whenever her actual penultimate battle occurs, it'll be the very last we see of her.

My theory is that Neo is currently just biding her time and waiting for when she'll strike. While I doubt Neo would be the one to finish Cinder off, it would be great if she had a hand in it.

But all I really want to for Cinder to die. She and her entourage of Emerald and Mercury are so boring and cardboard. Why are they so power hungry? WHY DO NONE OF THEM HAVE PERSONALITIES??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)