• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

SynthV Synthesizer V Discussion Thread

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I'm genuinely so sorry for posting so often but it's a constant slew of info right now. After that large email I sent two emails, one to VOLOR and one to ANiCUTE. This is VOLOR's reply.

Hi, [NAME]:
Long time no see, how are you getting on?

1) Do you plan to update vocal "Yamine Renri" to Synthesizer V Studio? If you do, will you re-record her?
2) If you update "Yamine Renri", will you consider making a Chinese voice database for her? I heard that her voice provider has good Chinese pronunciation.

Yes, we are planning to upgrade Yamine Renri to Synthesizer V Studio, but due to the impact of COVID-19, Yamine Renri's plan was forced to be interrupted and postponed. Last year, we also discussed with Yamine Renri's voice provider about cooperation with Chinese voice database, but we are still unable to confirm the planned time. The main reason is that COVID-19 has a huge impact, so recording and working are facing difficulties.

3) Do you plan to make any new vocals for Synthesizer V?
Currently we plan to complete Eleanor Forte first, and then release the follow-up plan to everyone.

4) Do you plan to release boxed versions of your products?
We do not have boxed versions right now, only digital versions, but in the future we will not rule out boxed versions as VIP gifts.

Thank you for your support for VOLOR in a long time.

Best regards,
VOLOR TEAM

Takeaways:
  • They confirmed that Yamine Renri will be upgraded to Synthesizer V Studio. Due to COVID-19 they've had to postpone it. They discussed possibly making a Chinese voice database for Renri too. Her voice provider Yuzuri studies it and has made a Chinese UTAU voicebank. Hopefully this means they will re-record her.
  • They will release their followup plan for new voice databases after Eleanor Forte's update.
  • They don't plan to release boxed versions right now, but won't rule them out as a VIP gift in future.
Finally, confirmation about Renri's status. Hopefully we hear more about her soon, I think that if they re-recorded her Japanese and made a Chinese voice database she would do very well. Now I can wait for Quadimension to send me my order.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Oh wow, if Genbu’s upgrade is $30, I wonder how much more his full price is... given how deeply discounted SVS Pro is for VIP members, I’m kinda scared to know. :clara_ani_lili:

And holy hell, I’ve joked about Renri getting a Chinese bank, but I never thought it could actually happen! That’s so exciting to hear!

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Oh wow, if Genbu’s upgrade is $30, I wonder how much more his full price is... given how deeply discounted SVS Pro is for VIP members, I’m kinda scared to know. :clara_ani_lili:

And holy hell, I’ve joked about Renri getting a Chinese bank, but I never thought it could actually happen! That’s so exciting to hear!
It's a bit leaky but I'd already heard that Genbu will be cheaper than AHS vocals, so it'll be something like $50~60 I think. Could be a little higher. Also, I got confirmation from Animen that Genbu won't be sold by AHS for now.

Stigbn

Aspiring Fan
Jul 21, 2018
Denmark
I'm very disappointed that they dropped the VST version. I use to work on the music while editing vocals (I only use vocaloid/Vsynth for originals). So I have to keep using Piapro. I might still get Vsynth though, I hope the VST comes in a later update.

Reactions: uncreepy

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Part six of the tutorial series - direct pitch editing!

I still haven't got my order. Getting worried now.

Reactions: poser

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Weird thing happened. I finally did the free registration for Eleanor's license and it's supposed to last a year. But, the expiration date I got in the email says August 31st this year. Either, A. the site/codes are dumb. B. lines up with Eleanor's Synth V update and the preorders coming up. could be nothing but figured I'd share, if someone needs email screenshot of that or something I can get one

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Weird thing happened. I finally did the free registration for Eleanor's license and it's supposed to last a year. But, the expiration date I got in the email says August 31st this year. Either, A. the site/codes are dumb. B. lines up with Eleanor's Synth V update and the preorders coming up. could be nothing but figured I'd share, if someone needs email screenshot of that or something I can get one
Interestingly, I JUST finished re-registering all of the free vocals, and all of them expire on August 31st. Historically, the registrations only last two or three months, so I don't think it's worth worrying about... hopefully.

• Haha
Reactions: Leon

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
I was always renewing SynthV licenses. Every time I'd make a new song I'd also have to go through the re-registering process. But for the past few songs I got fed up of the constant re-licensing so I just used the voice banks without doing the legal stuff. I mean, what's the point? In a few weeks the license would expire anyway. It's very silly, and hopefully paid voicebanks will fix this issue. (I only use English and Japanese voicebanks, and there are no commercial offerings for the oLd SkOoL SynthV.)

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
I'm not worried per say, but found it interesting since Eleanor "booking" (pre ordering?) for the Pro engine are supposed to go live at the end of August... It could be coincidence though since we don't have an exact date for that. also funny that it's miku birthday but that's probably just because it's the end of August lol

But if the other vocals have the same thing happening, I don't think it's a coincidence.

Reactions: peaches2217

peaches2217

Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Eh, I think the reason the others have it too is because I got new activation codes for all of them on the same day. I'll experiment tomorrow and see if the expiration for new codes changes, then report back!

mahalisyarifuddin

Passionate Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Palembang, Indonesia
Two last tutorials uploaded!

The "alternative phoneme" feature really reminds me of the duplicates in Arpasing Utau voicebanks tho. And yeah, the "Gotta Be You" song is also featured! I still wondered who created the song? 🤔

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I got my order!! I'm kind of giddy. I can't download them all right now as I'm now on data but I got Chiyu to test. Even she sounds better in the engine so far, so I'm excited to heard the others. Animen's store will be opening at some point today but products won't release until the 15th.

Sep 21, 2019
I wanted to ask since I am seriously considering SynthV Studio and the Kotonoha’s, what are the differences between SynthV Studio Basic and SynthV Studio Pro? Do paid vocals work on Basic?
(I’m on mobile right now and Dreamtronics’ website won’t load for me, so maybe they’re listed there.)
Also, I wanted to ask if we have any word on how much the Kotonoha’s themselves are going to be. AHS’ site says the starter pack including SynthV Studio Pro and the Kotonoha’s is ¥12,800, but I was curious to see if they were being sold separately?
(In case you can’t tell, I’m a SynthV noob, haha!)

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
I wanted to ask since I am seriously considering SynthV Studio and the Kotonoha’s, what are the differences between SynthV Studio Basic and SynthV Studio Pro? Do paid vocals work on Basic?
(I’m on mobile right now and Dreamtronics’ website won’t load for me, so maybe they’re listed there.)
Also, I wanted to ask if we have any word on how much the Kotonoha’s themselves are going to be. AHS’ site says the starter pack including SynthV Studio Pro and the Kotonoha’s is ¥12,800, but I was curious to see if they were being sold separately?
(In case you can’t tell, I’m a SynthV noob, haha!)
Differences between Basic and Pro are mainly:
  • Limited to 3 tracks
  • Can't use scripts
  • No alternate phonemes
  • No automatic tuning (for DBs that have it)
  • No aspiration output
Other than that they're functionally the same, and paid vocals work with Basic (you get sent it with your purchase). I'd recommend buying the Kotonoha sisters first unless you want the boxes.
The Kotonoha sisters will be ¥9,800 boxed (¥7,800 with the user discount) and their DL version will be ¥8,800.

With Animen's site, it seems they're gradually updating it and just changed the details of the already-existing Editor and AiKO listings. They have a couple days to update things there still at least, so I'm looking forward to seeing the VIP stuff in full. I got confirmation that Saki will be on sale from the 15th there as a download, but I'm not sure if it's going to be initially VIP exclusive to avoid clashing with AHS or not.

inactive

Passionate Fan
Jun 27, 2019
I got confirmation that Saki will be on sale from the 15th there as a download...
Whoa, that's fantastic news. I want to use a female voice for this triple-collaboration track that is nearing completion, but we had resigned ourselves to delaying the final release until Saki was available at the end of the month. But if it's coming out soon, then I guess plans can be moved forward. (Although the video hasn't been started yet. Perhaps today, time willing.)

Reactions: xuu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)