• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID The ideal engloid?

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Macne Nana's english vb fits that voicetype, you should check her out! She's quite nice, I once tried out her trial.
I like Nana English, but I was thinking more of a native English VB rather than a Japanese VB with an additional English bank. Nana English is cute, but can get quite Engrishy unless you tinker with her. (I find Miku V3 English to have the same problem as well, but V4 English was an improvement and again, you have to play with Miku's English VB to get it to sound right.)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm gonna be the one with the unpopular opinion and say a cutesy English female comparable to a Japanese VB like Miku, Nemu or Hime. It's a really obvious niche that hasn't been filled yet (probably because Westerners don't like "cute" vocals the same way the Japanese do.)

I agree with the truly powerful English VB and different accent VB ideas though.
Gotta agree with this!! I adore cute coices and really wish I had more options in Engloids, and I would ESPECIALLY love a native English one! I like Miku/Nana/Rin, but I really want something easier to work with especially in pronunciation.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm gonna be the one with the unpopular opinion and say a cutesy English female comparable to a Japanese VB like Miku, Nemu or Hime. It's a really obvious niche that hasn't been filled yet (probably because Westerners don't like "cute" vocals the same way the Japanese do.)
I definitely agree, while some of the bilingual vocaloids sort of fill this (rin, miku, nana) I would love to see a native engloid really hit this target.

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
I honestly think most of the people who would be interested in that would be the people who want Miku instead- I don't know if that'd be bad or not but...

My ideal vocaloid would be "Avanna, but soprano"
Not that I don't like altos, I just want a vocaloid with the same tone I can use for high notes
Avanna actually goes really well with Prima if you use zynaptiq morph she gets that soprano range it has a operatic tone though but it is really pretty

Prism

Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2019
It's basically xsy but with any audio. It's really good for to make pseudo appends for Japanese English banks like gumi. You can get the tone from one voice and the pronunciation of another. It's also good for sound design.

Last edited:

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
It's basically xsy but with any audio. It's really good for to make pseudo appends for Japanese English banks like gumi. You can get the tone from one voice and the pronunciation of another. It's also good for sound design.
Ok that sounds amazing I’d love to hear audio of that (or any two Vocaloids). I bet it could be used to blend earlier voicebanks with later ones too, like Rin/Len V2 with V4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
My ideal type of engloid would be one that has a similar voice to mainstream female pop artists? Talking voices like Ellie Goulding, Ava Max, that kind of high-ish tone with a bit of everything. Most of the non native voices don't quite achieve that, and then we have Ruby (intended to be that type, but is really nasally), Daina (who has a Southern twang and a husky tone), Avanna (soft and breathy), and I could go on...Cyber Diva is the closest we've got to this voice type, but she too is pretty nasally.

Älfa Dröttning

Aspiring Fan
Sep 17, 2019
Will provide one tomorrow I'm busy tonight is there anyone in particular I have (gumi v4+eng, miku v4, Miku v3 eng, meiko v3, Luka v4+5, all of zero g except toino and sonika and Leon, ruby, yohio, Oliver, and the Cyber diva and songman)
Could you try either Oliver or Avanna with Gumi English? Thanks.

Vegetaljuce

Gumi English Geek

It's Avanna then Miku dark V3 then them morphed using interwoven mode then classic mode then avanna and cyber diva

sorry this is rushed and plug and play but hope it shows it off well
this is SUPER interesting....... you're tempting me to download the trial. If this ever takes off as a technique in the vocaloid community, voice crediting is gonna get a lot harder, LOL.

"[original song] feat miku based on avanna but avanna's not actually in here"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)