• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Feedback The ranking system here

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Not the biggest deal, but I thought I'd express my oinion. Not a big fan of the ranks, or at least the titles. One thing I loved about VO was the ranking done with sprites, it was cute and honestly made me want to post more so I could get to my favorites haha. The tirles here just feel a litfle...uncreative? I mean, I see this type of ranking titles EVERYWHERE. Again, not a big deal, just curious to see if anyone else feels the same about this?

Reactions: Elsa12TMNT

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
I miss the sprites, too! I'd love it if we could have those back, or something similar-- a title to go along with the sprites, maybe?
Like "Junior Miku" or something lame and cheesy like that-- I do love me some puns! lol

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
That's an adorable idea! Maybe if it werw flexible too like you give your favorite Vocaloid and it's like newbie (fav. Vocaloid), junior (fav. Vocaloid), stuff like that. Of r have sprites like VO but you choose who your speites are and it's the normal sprite system just of your chosen Vocaloid. Something other than "fan" really, it seems just too generic. P

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
Hey guys! Just thought to pop in and let you know that we have been looking into possibly using sprites for the purpose of rankings. At the moment we have nothing concrete that we can confirm but once we have updates on if anything will be happening regarding this we'll be sure to let you all know.

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
That's an adorable idea! Maybe if it werw flexible too like you give your favorite Vocaloid and it's like newbie (fav. Vocaloid), junior (fav. Vocaloid), stuff like that. Of r have sprites like VO but you choose who your speites are and it's the normal sprite system just of your chosen Vocaloid. Something other than "fan" really, it seems just too generic. P
I like either of those ideas (1. Set your favorite Vocaloid, and use the number of times the sprite is repeated to represent the rank, or 2. use the title to represent rank and put the chosen favorite Vocaloid next to it.). IMO, the first one might actually be better, since you can't get a rank name that you don't like.

ohpeach

Digital artist
Apr 8, 2018
earth
deviantart.com
Hey guys! Just thought to pop in and let you know that we have been looking into possibly using sprites for the purpose of rankings. At the moment we have nothing concrete that we can confirm but once we have updates on if anything will be happening regarding this we'll be sure to let you all know.
Hey that's something! We're looking forward to whatever you guys have for us!

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
My problem with the rankings is that I don't actually know what the rank titles are. ^^; If there is a thread that I've missed that lists them, then could somebody point me to it? I'm just curious to see them, that's all.

I also like the idea of a spiritual successor to VO's sprite ranks, but I'd like to be able to choose a Vocaloid to represent my rank.

Vani ❤ Candy

❤ Rana and Teki are my babies ❤
Apr 8, 2018
in a box under a bridge
Maybe if it werw flexible too like you give your favorite Vocaloid and it's like newbie (fav. Vocaloid), junior (fav. Vocaloid), stuff like that. Of r have sprites like VO but you choose who your speites are and it's the normal sprite system just of your chosen Vocaloid.
i'd love to have something like this for pretty much the same reason everyone else does, it'd also make your posts feel a smidge more personalized :3c

Hatsune-hakase

Hɐʇsnuǝ-ɥɐʞɐsǝ
Apr 8, 2018
I'll also put in a vote for something you can personalize, probably sprites (or something else visual), rather than generic titles.

I also wonder: are forums ranks tied purely to number of posts, or are the number of likes your posts receive also a factor? Do likes count for anything other than a number indicating generally how well received your posts are?

Move->Forward

🔹🔷🔹🔷🔹
Mar 25, 2018
I also wonder: are forums ranks tied purely to number of posts, or are the number of likes your posts receive also a factor? Do likes count for anything other than a number indicating generally how well received your posts are?
The rankings are tied to post count--likes do not affect rankings. The number of likes do not count for anything other than one's total likes received.

And, well, you can also see who has received the most likes here. :akari_lili:

mobius017

Aspiring ∞ Creator
Apr 8, 2018
My problem with the rankings is that I don't actually know what the rank titles are. ^^; If there is a thread that I've missed that lists them, then could somebody point me to it? I'm just curious to see them, that's all.
I was positive there was a post somewhere where at least the first few of these were laid out, but I haven't been able to find it. I think we're supposed to sort of enjoy finding these for ourselves :). But if this helps, New Fan is what you get when you start, and the other ranks scale with post count, and you can see all the ones that have been discovered so far on the Members page.

Hopefully that shouldn't be too much info and spoil it for anyone :).

Last edited:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I was positive there was a post somewhere where at least the first few of these were laid out, but I haven't been able to find it. I think we're supposed to sort of enjoy finding these for ourselves :). But if this helps, New Fan is what you get when you start, and the other ranks scale with post count, and you can see all the ones that have been discovered so far on the Members page.
After some quick profile-stalking, the highest rank discovered so far is 'Passionate Fan'? I'm wondering now if the rank system is similar to VO's, and we'll find something new once one of us reaches 500 posts.

Paradoxical

Linguistics Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 7, 2018
Canada
Clue and Move have already answered a decent amount in here, but I just wanted to add some extra info in.

Something other than "fan" really, it seems just too generic.
We agree. We had more creative ideas originally, but time constraints didn't let us flesh them out as much as we wanted to. We're going to keep them for the time being though, as we do have a plan for user titles/sprites in the future, so there isn't much point in modifying them currently.
I didn't like the VO ranking system at all because my favorite is Miku but after posting 100 posts I got Gackpo. One more Miku sprite would be nice.
This is why there are no character based titles - people will get upset when they lose their favourite and it gets replaced with something they don't like.
That's an adorable idea! Maybe if it werw flexible too like you give your favorite Vocaloid and it's like newbie (fav. Vocaloid), junior (fav. Vocaloid), stuff like that. Of r have sprites like VO but you choose who your speites are and it's the normal sprite system just of your chosen Vocaloid.
I like either of those ideas (1. Set your favorite Vocaloid, and use the number of times the sprite is repeated to represent the rank, or 2. use the title to represent rank and put the chosen favorite Vocaloid next to it.). IMO, the first one might actually be better, since you can't get a rank name that you don't like.
As far as we know, there is no current way to customize the titles this much, at least not natively.
I'll also put in a vote for something you can personalize, probably sprites (or something else visual), rather than generic titles.
I miss the sprites, too! I'd love it if we could have those back, or something similar-- a title to go along with the sprites, maybe?
Please be patient :kiyoteru_lili:
Adding onto what Move->Forward said: We had the option of doing either posts or likes, but in the end we chose posts because we want to encourage people to, well, post! We also didn't want likes to be anything too serious because we don't want to have people constantly comparing themselves by number of likes or to make posts seeking attention.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I will say custom titles would also be nice, not just ranks. It's one yhing I liked about VO—sprites for ranks and still getting a custom title. Custom titles give a user more personality I think...and I kinda think it's a little unfair only staff get custom titles while everyone else is stuck with the "fan" ranks

Elsa12TMNT

Uses Too Many Obsolete UTAUs
Sprites don't have to be of characters - they can be more generic symbols. I know of one place where they had like, a couch, a ribbon, and diamonds and stuff for rankings. (Maybe not that generic, but it's just an idea). I don't know how big the ones on VO were, but the one I saw on that particular platform weren't very big. Also, I've seen one places have avatars you can unlock at a certain level, but with mutiple options for a new characters if you choose to use one. A third idea would be to let us pick characters, but recolored outfit for each rank. That way, you can have a character you like, but no matter which you choose, they'll be some kind of consistentcy between them that lets you know (in a obvious way) what the rank is. Just a few ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)