• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Underrated voicebanks

Maribelle

GalacOH no she didn't
Apr 9, 2018
I feel Wil does not get anywhere near enough attention, Zola Project as is is already a pretty unpopular voicebank group but even within the group itself Wil is notably the least popular from what I have seen and it sucks cause Wil has such an amazing voice if you want a soft male vocal he is the cream of the crop imo

Look at me ranting about a male voicebank for the first time in my life

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Really all voicebanks that aren't crypton brand or gumi are underrated imo....like who outside of diehard fans do you even see talking about anything released after 2011
I dunno, VBs like Flower, Fukase and Una are pretty popular among the current fandom. Perhaps not always in terms of songs, but certainly in fan content like art.

morrysillusion

v flower enthusiast
Jul 14, 2018
Socal
morrysillusion.wixsite.com
first one that came to mind was Sachiko. while she had her attention in being voiced by a well known singer, she still isnt used....much, like at all. her voice is very suited for certain things, but man i think its really cool and its fun pushing it to other genres. idk if theres some terms that make it hard to produce original songs for her? but im saddened that shes always been lesser used when it comes to deeper feminine voices.

some minorly underrated voices in my opinion, that i wish i heard being used more, maybe Xin Hua and Galaco NEO blue? not for any huge reason other than their lack of usage, and i find their banks to be pretty nice so i wish i heard em more. but xin definitely has gotten more love after the newer bank releases including japanese, so.

Rolo

Watch Levius and Stan Natalia Cromwell
Sep 16, 2019
Kaai yuki and Ruby. Kaai yuki because her voice is soft and powerful so you can get songs like or and she just sounds really good. I think people don’t realize how great of a vocal Yuki truly is. And I’d also say Ruby because I really like her voice and it makes me sad a lot of people won’t give her VB consideration because of drama or because she sounds like another vocaloid reasons that shouldn’t affect a VB at all because they’re unrelated. And also this is stuck in my head

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
I think Ruby is unpopular because her voice bank is more expensive and lower quality she plosives glitches out. I really think mew is underrated she has a wonderful voice.
I have no problem with people having VB issues with Ruby but from what I’ve seen it’s a lot of people who won’t even use her because of other issues that have nothing to do with her VB so they don’t even know what problems she does or doesn’t have. That’s why I say she’s underrated, the few songs and covers she has I think are rather good.

Reactions: AddictiveCUL (Add)

___

Oct 8, 2019
I have no problem with people having VB issues with Ruby but from what I’ve seen it’s a lot of people who won’t even use her because of other issues that have nothing to do with her VB so they don’t even know what problems she does or doesn’t have. That’s why I say she’s underrated, the few songs and covers she has I think are rather good.
I'd personally argue those reasons aren't always invalid. Sometimes outside factors, not related to the functionality of the vb, affect the vb and that isn't always bad. Whether it was fair in Ruby's case....well...that'd be off topic discussion :teto_lili:

As for my underrated vb...as to not shove my fav utaus everywhere I'll goooo with: :kaori_lili: :sora_lili:

ruffe

fka. luwo
Oct 24, 2020
🌎
Yemeni Nemu. She’s such a joy to use, to the point that I’d consider her a good beginner’s VB, but she’s written off because 1.) her demo was really poorly done and 2.) “Haha female Gachapoid!”

100% Agree! I think she's one of the most expressive voicebanks we have, especially when used right! Like other loids, people should use her in her intended genre before making judgements. She also has adorable art too! I may also be biased because she released on my birthday, but like,,,,

the Yemeni typo was unintentionally funny and now I want a Yumemi Nemu Arabic VB dfgdfg

Rolo

Sep 16, 2019
I'd personally argue those reasons aren't always invalid. Sometimes outside factors, not related to the functionality of the vb, affect the vb and that isn't always bad. Whether it was fair in Ruby's case....well...that'd be off topic discussion :teto_lili:

As for my underrated vb...as to not shove my fav utaus everywhere I'll goooo with: :kaori_lili: :sora_lili:
Last reply because I don’t want to take things off topic. I could see that but my point from the beginning was never really to start a discussion just to say that I think Ruby is underrated and it’s a bit unfair to me that she is simply because people won’t use her voice. That was all I just wanted to share my favorite underrated vocaloid.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
Really all voicebanks that aren't crypton brand or gumi are underrated imo....like who outside of diehard fans do you even see talking about anything released after 2011
To add on to what’s already been said, remember that the Vsingers are huge in China! Bigger than Miku, even, at least in Tianyi’s case. (God, I’ve been on a Vsinger high since yesterday’s announcement... forgive me :yohioloid_lili:)

Speaking of Chinese banks, here’s a shoutout for miss Aiko! I only gave her a shot because I got her in a value pack, but oh my God, her voice is so clear and sweet. She’s not easy to work with, but she’s so worth it.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I feel like chipspeech as a whole is kinda underrated. It has a really really cool and unique concept that I love when its executed properly. Obviously chipspeech vocals werent meant to be like a substitute for human vocals in genres like pop or whatnot (though it is cool to hear them like that, it obviously isnt their forte) but hearing them used as more instruments than vocals in cool experimental music is the shit. I love the whole concept of these very robotic voices.
I understand that they just dont fit a lot of producers styles so thats why they tend to fall to the wayside, but hnng i love a good usage of chipspeech. its a really cool instrument. i just love that niche kinda stuff

For vocaloid voicebanks, a lot of them. Hmmm at the top of my list....Merli, Rana, Mew and I'm biased lol; Lily.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Mew, my queen. Outside of that one Kasamura Tohta song (gorgeous btw) I don't think I've seen anyone seriously pay attention to her in a long time... She has such a pleasant voice, and it's actually pretty unique in how it works. Guess she suffered from being in the initial V3 batch. Her and Chika are among the Japanese Vocaloids where I look at them and even though I adore their voices I really do just think "wow, there really are no fans here, huh". I would like to see city pop covers with Mew, very much so. Can't really say for CeVIO because outside of Sasara and ONE right now they're all kind of like "who?" and underrated in that regard, and for SynthV it's really just AiKO who just doesn't much love, poor girl. Finding stuff that doesn't use her Lite vocal can be a challenge.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Okay, I'm going to give a more serious detailed response in this thread. Genuinely underrated vocaloids would probably be the Zola project. They're a really neat package and I'm sad I didn't learn of them until years after they were released. We had a whole vocaloid boy band made to commemorate the tenth anniversary of vocaloid and they get nothing but peanuts what happened ??

I don't know if she really counts since she's been around for so long and has a good number of songs made for her but Miki feels so unappreciated a lot of the time. I haven't even used her but her voice is bright and crisp and delightful. Living in a world without her would be so sad.

Totally agree with the point about Cevios that aren't IA and One being sorely overlooked...Cevio was the original vocaloid competitor (UTAU wasnt made as a commercial product so I don't really count it as competition) and has quite a few great voices/concepts...maybe it'll have another surge in popularity with all these new releases? I hope haha

Last edited:

Krin

UTAU is my religion!!!
Feb 28, 2019
I know of a few underrated / underused UTAU voicebanks!!

Yukibana Luna

I think I've mentioned him somewhere on this forum before but he has a really interesting tone and a pretty clear voice... and it's really sad that Luna is just so unknown that there's hardly any usage of him. I have a few small things I've tuned with him but I'm too shy to show them shdkjdjds but this is a very nice cover with him!!

Toujoh Wistaria

Toujoh Wisteria!!! Exists!!!!! Despite being created and voiced by the same VP of A-list UTAU celeb Gahata Meiji, I hardly ever see her being used anywhere. She alongside Jyougasaki Bibi (Who I see get used a whole lot more) both got beta releases a little over a year ago. I haven't used her TOO much but I'm surprised for an UTAU of this quality and being made from Meiji's VP... that she hardly ever gets used. This isn't even an understatement because I was so shocked when I tried to look up an example of her to put here that there was so few results :(

Anyways, I thought this was a nice cover! Her voice weirdly kind of sounds like a mix of Shione LT and Momone Momo imo lol

Rinne Tsubasa

I'm not sure if she's as underrated or underused as the above UTAUs but I'm throwing her into the mix because recently I've become very fond of her and it's not every day I come across a usage with her. I've docked quite a few hours into using her the last couple months and she's became one of my top favs <3 I cannot recommend her MI voicebank enough!!

Here's the cover with Tsubasa that first got me into her 🥺

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)