• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Also it's said that it's hard to make Luka sound natural, she sounds very synthetic. Did her V2 have the same issue? Also how do her eng voicebanks comapre??
In regards to JP,
V4 is actually more realistic, it was made to sound more like Yuu Asakawa (which some people would have preferred to sound more like Luka). V2 is mostly worse quality wise (both tend to be choppy), but all the other JP v2 banks at the time were worse, while Luka v4x was going up against very good v4 launch banks like Yukari and VY1.

___

Oct 8, 2019
In regards to JP,
V4 is actually more realistic, it was made to sound more like Yuu Asakawa (which some people would have preferred to sound more like Luka). V2 is mostly worse quality wise (both tend to be choppy), but all the other JP v2 banks at the time were worse, while Luka v4x was going up against very good v4 launch banks like Yukari and VY1.
I do not deny that V4 Luka is a better product, V2s didn't even have triphones and Vocaloid came such a long way since V2. I just heard people who own V4 Luka saying that she's very hard to use and to get natural results with. Just wondering whether her V2 was also so hard to use as her V4 or not.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
I do not deny that V4 Luka is a better product, V2s didn't even have triphones and Vocaloid came such a long way since V2. I just heard people who own V4 Luka saying that she's very hard to use and to get natural results with. Just wondering whether her V2 was also so hard to use as her V4 or not.
I was trying to say they have many similar issues but worded it poorly.

As a general rule, Cryptonloids aren't designed to give "natural" results though - even their vps don't sound like them. (except Meiko and maybe Kaito of course)

Reactions: ___

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
She's always been hard to use from what I've heard. Back when I first got into Vocaloid (late V2/early V3 era), she was often at the top of "Hardest Japanese VBs to use" lists (AND "Hardest English VBs"). I've heard that V4 is harder to use than her V2, though, but I've never used her V2 so I can't say for sure.

Reactions: ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
I see! I was wondering if Luka was always considered as very hard vb to use or if it's just her V4! Thanks for the info!

Yes Cryptonloids weren't designed to sound super natural but there still is a different level of difficulty between say...Miku and Luka! That's what I meant. And yea, there were even harder vocaloids to use than V2 Luka but that doesn't mean she couldn't have made it into the list of "hard to use vbs" ^^

Uh-oh but to not go off-topic too much! I really like Sonika's tone actually, if the quality was there she would be very pleasing voicebank to listen to. I think she sounds much cuter than some people give her credit for.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I'm pretty sure she wasn't considered the hardest, considering Act1, V2 Lily, and the OG AHS trio existed...
It sounds like back then almost everyone was hard to use though, haha.

I really like Mikus v2 design more than any of her others, I think it's really iconic and those sleeves are really cool to me. I also just really like KEI's art.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarlet Illusion

Chuchu

Luka enthusiast
Jul 18, 2018
Every Vocaloid character is overrated/underrated.

I prefer Miku Append, Rin/Len Append and Luka V4X outfits more than their default design. They look more futuristic and elegant to me.

___

Oct 8, 2019
People say Gumi sounds a lot like her vp ( as she was supposed to ) but I just don't hear it. They both have very nice voices but Gumi sounds as if she were voice-acted to me.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

___

Oct 8, 2019
I think there are handful that are pretty spot on, then most of them I can certainly see the strong resemblance even tho it's not exactly the same voice but Gumi?? I think she sounds the least like her vp. And again not saying I dislike Gumi, I don't at all, she's pretty alright nice sounding vocaloid in on itself even tho she doesn't sound like Megumi.

razelberii

Bless the Lord, O my Soul
Apr 8, 2018
雨リカ
razzyru.com
I have one. I have no idea how popular or unpopular it is however, but please know it's only my thoughts.

There was a bit of a long time ago where a reporter had written something about Vocaloid incorrectly, or negatively. I can't remember. Fans were upset. This reporter started blocking Vocaloid-related accounts on Twitter, and the fans decided to make it a game to annoy her so they would get blocked.

Now, I don't know the full story. I could be remembering some parts wrong, and it's quite possible a fan did try to reason with her peacefully about her report.

Nevertheless, the fans making a game out of being blocked by a reporter just seemed like an unecessary rude act to me. I get it, her report seemed to have been faulty, but those actions hurt the reputation of the Vocaloid fandom. Instead of respectively letting things slide, or respecting her report despite what it was, they chose to be rude.
It completely burned the bridge of any chance of her changing her mind or wanting to join the community.

I was more mad at the fans than I was at her. To me, it was a childish thing to do. Even if something troubles you about someone doesn't mean you need to be a bother back.

Please know these are only my thoughts, and I may be missing some information. Regardless, when things like this happen in the fandom, it honestly troubles me, and I may even feel embarassed to say I'm a part of it.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
Oh, do you mean the #blockedbyGita thing? I don't remember it super well, but from what I remember I feel like it was mainly one person who made a thing out of antagonizing her and then she chain blocked a bunch of people. It wasn't a game of annoying her to force her to block as much as it was she was blocking people who had NOTHING to do with it simply because they were in the Vocaloid fandom and then people joked around saying, "Lol you're not a true fan unless she blocked you." When the topic came up on Twitter a few weeks ago there were people saying she had blocked them and they had never even heard of the drama.

Now I feel like I should post an unpopular opinion of my own but they give me anxiety can I get a pass please

Wario94

Passionate Fan
Jan 5, 2019
Okay, here's the funny thing: on one point I'm very curious about what the Japanese people thought about Medium⁵. So, I typed to Google "What did Japanese thought about Medium⁵". Guess this, accounting to the results, Google thought it was something to do with Japanese soldiers during World War II. No joke.
Because of that, I was thought to myself "THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!!!":mad:

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
But the fandom didn't like those designs.

So much so, the artist received death threats.

Didn't help there appeared to be some thinly-veiled racism in the complaints.

(Note I heard about all of this second hand years later, so I might be a little off.)

Re: Prism, some people complained Lucia was too similar to Clara, but not too much was wrong there.
It was Luan who was the problem, due to being voiced by a notoriously disliked Spanish producer.

TheStarPalace

Hardcore Fan
Apr 8, 2018
Unpopular opinion: I actually liked how Lucia sounded (Luan was decent sounding but I get why people had problems with him, he wasn't anything special either)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)