• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

Unpopular Opinions

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Seriously this community need to shut the hell up and not whining about something that they're not being targeted of. If you are not the target audience, then you are not the target audience. The mentality of "I am the real target audience so you producers needs to obey me, or else, you're not gonna be successful" needs to stop.
To some extent, this is true regarding the Kafu drama since she's clearly supposed to be aimed at Kaf's established fans, but the general complaints in the Western fandom focus on her obvious quality issues. On a more subjective note, I don't like voice types like Len and Piko all that much, but I would never bash the VBs or their fans for not being the voice types that I want. Same thing with producers making songs in genres or styles I don't like. If I don't like a song, I just move on and look for something else to listen to. Complaining about not being the target audience for something is a waste of time, considering how diverse the Vocaloid/vocal synth fandom is in terms of VBs and songs.

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I’ve spent some time listening to Yukari Rei, and-

I don’t really like how she sounds in what i’ve heard

She just sounds higher pitched compared to Vocaloid Yukari?? And more breathy?? It just doesn’t sound right to me

really is a shame, since Yukari is a favorite of mine, and Rei has a pretty design

Jaxonloid

MEIKO & CUL obsessed
Feb 5, 2021
Netherlands
-I prefer the current vsinger vocaloid scene over the cryptonloid one. Better concerts, all the vsinger loid's get equal amounts of opportunities, vsinger's vocaloids get lots of advertisement etc.

-for some reason i don't care much for english voicebanks

-meiko v1 > meiko v3 (idk, i just love her robotic tone)

-gachapoid is good

-unique tuning styles > realistic tuning

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
I love Sasara's outfit, but to me, it looks like a nightgown. If they added in a belt or an accessory or SOMETHING, I think it would look a lot more complete, but as it is, I couldn't imagine wearing it out and about during the day.

Reactions: Leon, ruffe and ___

___

Oct 8, 2019
I love Sasara's outfit, but to me, it looks like a nightgown. If they added in a belt or an accessory or SOMETHING, I think it would look a lot more complete, but as it is, I couldn't imagine wearing it out and about during the day.
PEACHY TOLD ME THAT IN THE CHAT AND I WAS MINDBLOWN

like???????????????? yea this is nightgown

at least it looks comfy! I wish Sasara sweet dreams

Ronny777

VOCALOID5 Tuner
Dec 10, 2020
Canada
soundcloud.com
Kind of Project Diva related, but the original outfit for Meiko before they added her V3 was horrendous

1) It didn’t look much like her V1, and
2) it just.....didn’t look good overall
YA I booted up my copy of project diva Extended on the PSP and her bust and top looks a little weird droopy looking but the rest looks fine. Her head looks nice with the psp graphics tbh. I tried taking a picture of the screen with my phone but it just looked like a pixelated mess lol:sad:

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Probably not that unpopular, but I'll mention it anyway: I actually like it when Miku has a more mature tone to her voice, and I'm not just talking about her Dark and to a lesser extent, Solid appends. Even during the period where only the original Miku V2 existed, I always liked it when Miku was tuned in a way where she didn't sound like her default cute voice. (Case in point: Aozorized by Nayuta.)

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
I always liked it when Miku was tuned in a way where she didn't sound like her default cute voice.
SAME. I just like it when Vocaloids aren’t tuned to be cute all of the time. It gets old very quickly (and makes some Vocaloids sound downright horrendous) I think the only time I like “cute“ sounding vocals is in a song thats supposed to be very creepy or something

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

___

Oct 8, 2019
This isn't directed @ anybody above, it's just that this conversation reminded me of this, ya'll are cool:

I've noticed that the vocal synth community had been very dismissive towards the works of those who take the realistic or more specifically "ornate" tuning approach with their songs and covers as of late.

It's okay to have a preferences as to how vocal synths are approcahed but turning up your nose at it, when it takes so much labour and time to develop such skill, is rather stuck up.

For example I am the exact opposite of VocaloSynthesis, I see no fun in enhancing their roboticness, I enjoy the challenge of wrestling vbs into realism jhgvfcd but Liar ♠ Gentleman is still one of my all-time favorite Teto originals, because it works for the song. One approach isn't superior to other, it's a matter of what works best for the song.

Last edited:

ikaroll

I wanna scream
Jan 23, 2020
My computer
It's okay to have a preferences as to how vocal synths are approcahed but turning up your nose at it, when it takes so much labour and time to develop such skill, is rather stuck up.
I do apologize if thats how my message sounded, I do appreciate the work people do to make their vocaloids/other synths sound realistic, I was just stating that robotic vocals are my preference.

Some of my favorite vocaloid songs have realistic tuning, so I have no problem with it (except for the nagging feeling that I stick out with my weird, roboticy tuning style among everybody else)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)