• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Upcoming relaunch of Vocaloid Shop

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
As much as I want to get on the Flower hype train, I could not stop thinking about this tweet Tomo from AHS made like a week ago about wanting to talk about a new vocaloid/voiceroid but couldn't
@Exemplar I think you're misunderstanding what he wrote due to the machine translation. There's a part that confused Google Translate when I checked with it to see what you (who doesn't know Japanese) was seeing vs what I (who is conversational in Japanese) was seeing.

The problem area was 話しかしなかった.
It's supposed to be 話 hanashi (noun) しか shika しなかった shinakatta, but Google thinks it's 話し hanashi (verb) かしなかった kashinakatta.

The correct meaning of the tweet is this:
I'm thinking--, in accordance with the previous announcement from [the previous livestream], shall we also talk about things like new products, things like Vocaloid, things like Voiceroid. Sorry if it becomes nothing but completely unrelated conversation
I haven't watched their livestreams other than quick peaks by randomly clicking around through the video, but it just sounds like they get off topic too much instead of talking about their product line like they say they are going to.

Plus, that tweet was advertising the livestream from June 26th, which has already aired. And here we are, sitting here without any major AHS news, right?

Reactions: Exemplar

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Tomo's tweets make sense to me, from what limited knowledge I have of Vocaloid Dev right now everything is stalling. Makes sense that companies are being made to re-apply for licenses, and why Shanghai Henian put Qingxian and Moke up for preorder so suddenly. Prepare yourselves!

Reactions: violethaze
My timing must be just right. I've been thinking of joining this new community once I found the other one was no longer, and was wondering if V5 was happening, and in particular about VY2. Since VY2 is almost the centerpiece of my collection, I will hold out hope for good news. What if we got not only VY2V5, but an updated Falsetto Append, and maybe another Append like Soft or Whisper? The mind boggles....

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I replied asking if there was even the slightest possibilityof updates/rereleased in the future (for all products but again I had been more specific to Songman) and recieved this response.

Rrasonavle for a professional company, I think

The things I noted mainly:- The message seems poorly translated (like Google translate style even) compared to the first reply from them. Though this could be customer service asking Yamaha, getting a Japanese reply and translating/forwarding that to me?
- As far as I know, which isn't much with Yamaha, I thought they'd tell you a straight no if it was no?
- I wouldn't try reading too much into this one but I don't know. Yamaha is a big corporation so they probably wouldn't talk plans anyway unlike companies like Zero-G/PowerFX

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Customer Support divisions usually can't tell people what any company is planning, so it doesn't surprise me that Yamaha gave an ambiguous reply.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
In a roundabout way the second reply gives me a little bit of hope because when I first read the first one to me it sounded like "Yeah Songman's definitely not coming back get him now"

But I mean, given the history of Engloid updates, it's still not that much hope but I'll take it sdjfdslkj

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
Yamaha never discloses their potential plans, which makes sense from a professional standpoint. I want to have faith that they'll bring the Cybers back and I low key believe they'll do so for at least Diva since she's basically the English equivalent to VY1. But I'm not counting on it with how they treated VY2 despite his moderate success as a vocal.

In their first email they urged ppl to buy while they still can and I'm taking that at face value, be Yamaha doesn't really care about the fans or their favorites and they've made that abundantly clear over the last few years

I sincerely hope that at the very least V5 isn't just a reskin of V3 and it actually has some really useful functions

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
In regards to VY2 not getting a V4 update, I'd point out that all it really would have done would be to raise his price..... VY1 got new voicebanks but odds are he wouldn't, so it would have been a waste of time.

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
Where did everyone get the idea Gumi Eng is getting taken off? She's still there, she just lost her starter pack, same as the others.

Besides, she's on Internet's site.

Reactions: Exemplar

Mei-Saime

JP and CHN UTAU girl
Apr 8, 2018
Where did everyone get the idea Gumi Eng is getting taken off? She's still there, she just lost her starter pack, same as the others.

Besides, she's on Internet's site.
GUMI English's Starter Pack is only getting removed and discontinued, not GUMI English. It's only the starter pack. But I do agree. Her English VB isn't being discontinued.

Hentai

New Fan
Jun 26, 2018
DigitalRiver's e-commerce solution sucks. I can't believe Yamaha uses them.

Also, I am calling shenanigans on that JPY to USD exchange rate. $1 != 100 Yen, that exchange rate is worse than the foreign transaction fees even shitty banks like Bank of America charge for just doing the transaction in straight Yen.Never mind CapitalOne and other banks/cards that do the conversion, at the current exchange rate, for free, with no feels.

Why does Yamaha use such a shitty partner for the VocaloidShop?
Hopefully, the re-launch is so they can dump DigitalRiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)