• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Upcoming relaunch of Vocaloid Shop

hind

New Fan
Jul 3, 2018
Can't wait for VY1V5, personally. VY1V4 was an excellent way to show the capabilities of the software when V4 first dropped and I'm sure VY1 (and friends, if they're released together) will return for that role.

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
Expect V5 announcement July 10th, launching early August with VY1V5 at the very least. Wouldn't surprise me if they finally launch VY2V5 to appease fans as well.
I reckon V5 will be announced as soon as the Vocaloid Shop has finished maintenance, then Yamaha will just dump a VY1V5 starter pack on the same day with no warning, similar to how they treated Cyber Songman.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
So I emailed Yamaha back when the first tweet was up just to confirm and they did just respond that the products will be discontinued (though the second tweet confirms that too)

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
My hope for their safe return isn't over yet, they're still being vague. "Those products" sounds more like those individual voicebanks and not the entire voice and any future updates. I have to say, they're pretty good at keeping us wondering.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
My hope for their safe return isn't over yet, they're still being vague. "Those products" sounds more like those individual voicebanks and not the entire voice and any future updates. I have to say, they're pretty good at keeping us wondering.
I replied asking if there waas potential for updates or rereleases. We'll see what I get. I asked about specifically Songman so don't read too into it, "these products" means the listed because I said Songman (and the other products). So it could've just answered to my wording. I also asked if physical VY1V4 and Cyber Diva will be discontinued like VY2V3 was)".

Reactions: Twillby and lIlI

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
I still tend to doubt they'll be very specific with their response, they do like to keep us guessing. I appreciate your effort regardless of what we get out of it!

violethaze

Aspiring Fan
Apr 11, 2018
Chile
I don't trust in them anymore. this is the last straw. You'd think out of all of the music related companies they would be able to market things efficiently and not equate their software to have the smallest shelf life. And by killing off the main 4 Vocaloids they developed themselves, looking for other talented tuners and putting emphasis on "professional musician software."

No matter what justification they might have, I don't find this acceptable at all, to just churn out random voicebanks and then have no follow up? Like at all? The amount of disrespect is astounding.

PatricioKyun

New Fan
Jul 3, 2018
Give us a new cryptonloid, you cowards. Anyways, I'm pretty hyped if this talk about V5 is true. Hopefully it's not as underwhelming as V4 was. And I hope we get new interesting vocal varieties to up the game.

Trevor

?
May 2, 2018
They could be taking the focus off "professional" style vocals and catering more to hobbiest? Then again, a lack of support from Yamaha would explain why first place went to cevio.

Reactions: Twillby

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
If this isn't about V5, this is a very weird marketing move. But Yamaha is pretty messy when it comes to marketing.
Even then, if this is about V5, it feels weird to be discontinuing these vocals before announcing it. Now people who want them will just have to sit and wait while wondering.

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Most likely the products had stopped selling, so Yamaha announced their discontinuation to push the last few people that were on the fence into making a purchase, then call it a day.

To their credit, Yamaha put Songman and Diva front and centre on their English social media, as well as producing video ads and tutorials. It's more advertising than any other Engloid has been given, and more than most music software releases. If he was previously unsuccessful, I hope the new attention on Songman will inspire more usage than he would have otherwise received, though I feel sorry for anyone that wanted to buy him and doesn't have the funds.

I have my fingers crossed that Yamaha has more plans for Engloids and V5, as it was nice to see some interaction between them and the English speaking community. I think there's still a lot of potential untapped.

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
I can't imagine they'd take down Cyber Diva and Songman just because they weren't selling. I don't think there's anyone really buying Anokano and yet they're not being discontinued...

Waiting for buyers shouldn't hurt them since there's no physical product involved with the Vocaloid Shop... They're just downloads that get emailed out.

I just think it's super weird, orz. But I am excited to see what'll happen on Friday (if what Flower's twitter is announcing then is about V5, that is, since I heard they've been tweeting a lot recently about recording things) and after the 12th. And if nothing happens, then.... well.

PatricioKyun

New Fan
Jul 3, 2018
To me, it seemed as if VY1V4 was selling so I don't think sales have to do with anything? ...Weird. Flowers twitter also tweeted about something happening this weekend, so there's that. Not to get anyones hype up, because it could be literally anything and just an odd coincidence.

cafenurse

Still misses Anri Rune
Apr 8, 2018
USA
I kinda don't want V5 to come out just because I can't afford it but I know I'll be tempted...selfish reason, I know.
Also, if it hasn't pointed out yet, the starter packs are being sold at a slight discount right now. Kind of bummed it's just the starter packs because if Cyva was on sale I'd buy her, but alas single voicebanks are still full priced.

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
I'm kinda terrified of what'll happen... If V5 does come out, then what updates will come? Will they update the VY series, or just drop 'em? Although I really hope VY2 gets an update, I've been waiting for him for forever.
I'm kinda terrified of what'll happen... If V5 does come out, then what updates will come? Will they update the VY series, or just drop 'em? Although I really hope VY2 gets an update, I've been waiting for him for forever.

BenHo

Aspiring Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I'm gonna have to agree with the people assuming this has to do with V5, but man, do they really need to take this "scorched earth" approach to their previous generation of software? I don't know a single other music software company that does this. Yeah, they might discontinue a product when an updated version of that same product is released, but they usually wait until the updated version is actually OUT.

Reactions: Blue Of Mind

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
As much as I want to get on the Flower hype train, I could not stop thinking about this tweet Tomo from AHS made like a week ago about wanting to talk about a new vocaloid/voiceroid but couldn't

Reactions: violethaze

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Spoilered since this is getting off topic orz, but it's about AHS and V5

^ Related to the above, there's also this tweet where he mentions having to renew the Vocaloid license.

Reactions: Twillby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)