• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Upcoming relaunch of Vocaloid Shop

Blue Of Mind

The world that I do not know...
Apr 8, 2018
I'm gonna agree with everyone else and assume V5 is coming sooner than we originally expected. I don't believe that Yamaha would just discontinue the VYs and Cybers with no reason (plus they sell well and are popular), so I think V5 updates are on the way for them. Also, VY1 was a launch bank for both V3 and V4, so Yamaha might just be repeating that pattern a third time.

Could this also mean that VY2 might finally be getting an update though?

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Could this also mean that VY2 might finally be getting an update though?
Seems likely. Maybe they do what a lot of the other companies seem to kinda do and update every other engine (like Crypton did V1>V3 and V2>V4, AHS also did V2>V4) and then just update their best/main with the engines (that'd be VY1 ofc)

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
If V5 is coming, I hope Yamaha's communicating a lot more with the other companies. Having V4 launch with only VY1V4 and then Cyber Diva a few months later was pretty unfortunate. I'd love to see a new engine release like that of V3.

hamano

ミクさんマジ天使
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
mobile.twitter.com
It definitely seems like V5 is coming. I wasn't expecting it yet if I'm honest.
Ending VYs and Cybers just like that would be a stupid move in my opinion, and it's indeed very unlikely they'd discontinue them.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
Against V5:

Yamaha might be moving away from V4, or they might be moving away from Vocaloid. Scary though that sounds, they've been pretty quiet lately. Voctro Labs, made up of Vocaloid's original developers, appear to be pursuing an independent route with their own synth. 1st Place has transitioned to CeVIO, why? Did CeVIO make them a generous offer, or were they avoiding abandonware? Crypton has shown interest in SynthV; how strange of Wat to promote a competitor. The original father of Vocaloid left Yamaha around the end of V3, will Vocaloid still be of interest to the company without it's original proponent?

For V5:

V5 is overdue, and the usual engine life cycle has passed. Although cutting ties with lower selling Vocaloids makes sense, it would be a surprise for Yamaha to stop directly selling their flagship, VY1. Cyber Songman hasn't been out for long, so to lose him would be sudden too. It may be a sign that the V4 editor is central to the majority of cuts, suggesting they are making way for a replacement.

Vocaloid buzz in Japan has calmed down, but it's still a steady presence that's broken out big time in China. Major third party developers like Crypton and AHS remain as active on the scene as ever. Not so long ago Yamaha reached out to the English speaking community for the first time to promote the software with tutorials using Diva and Songman. A last ditch attempt to make sales, or the beginning of bigger plans?

tl;dr I'm curious for what will happen after the 12th. :zunko_lili: Oh PowerFX, if only you were with us now.

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Cluemily

cherish chika
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 25, 2018
www.youtube.com
This is a really...silly move from YAMAHA. Discontinuing a good chunk of their packs and voicebanks with no proper reason or any promise of them returning is just now really a good way to do this.

I'm really torn between buying SONGMAN now and waiting until after the 12th to see what happens, but then I'm worried he'll really never come back and there'll be no legit way to get him any more since he's only digital. But then if he truly is part of a V5 upgrade I know there'll be a V5 upgrade discount but then I feel I wasted money on this.

RawBeansP

feng yi supremacy
Apr 8, 2018
elsewhere looking for oarfish
I don't like that at all tbh, esp bc I don't trust them to bring back any one of those titles except for VY1. Boxed copies of VY2V3 discontinued a while ago on both Amazon Japan and America, and Songman has only been around for a year and a half with very little popularity to his name at all. I am not counting on them bringing back anybody but VY1 and maaaaaybe Cyber Diva. They are about to VY2 my man Songman and it's sadm really

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
I don't understand what Yamaha's plans are they'll kill of some of their newest Vocaloids but update someone give the green light on an update like Rion (I know she's technically owned by someone else, but she's still a Yamaha Vocaloid in distribution).
They just kinda do whatever I guess

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
Here are my wild delusions:

What if Crypton has been dragging along the release of their Appends because they were specifically waiting for V5 to unveil first due to some sort of obligations?

What if the new Vocaloid Editor5 has similar capabilities to what we saw in the Piapro Standalone version? (As in, what if Piapro Standalone was based on new V5 updates, not that Piapro was just getting way ahead of other companies?)

What if Cyber Diva and VYV4 are merging into one "character" who is capable of both Japanese and English? (Maybe Songman will merge with someone else.)

I think Yamaha tries to do something different for their first couple Vocaloids every generation, so something cool must be up their sleeves. (At least I hope so.)

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
VSingers Moke and Qingxian are our next scheduled releases, VSinger Ling was the last V3 released right after V4....
The Chinese vocaloids have the worst luck, don't they?
It's even in duos. Xin Hua isn't VSinger, but she still released for V3 post-V4 release

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018

In the Discord, we were speculating that maybe if they discontinue the V4 versions of the Cybers and VY1, then maybe we will be able to buy an upgrade from V4 to V5 of said Vocaloids?

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
If memory serves, they do usually do stuff like that, right? I know there at least a few companies that have discounted rates for upgrades of Vocaloids people already own.

Eviltreat16

Probably an Artist, Probably a Praying Mantis
Apr 8, 2018
Ehhh I'm not ready for V5 just yet... though that would explain the removed products. If they are updating Cyva, VY1 (maybe VY2?) and Songman, I won't be too upset to be honest. If they don't, that's another story.

CallmeNerdy

A Miku Nerd
Apr 17, 2018
Hogwarts
If the V5 editor is announced, what kind of updates would there be? I'm genuinely curious... Will there be another parameter added, like GWL and XSY? Or will they just update VY1, VY2, (Not likely, but I want them to...) And the Cybers? Maybe a fix on a certain feature? I don't know, but the idea of V5 makes me really excited.

uncreepy

Apr 9, 2018
Maybe they'll update Cyber Diva to have the same phonemes as Cyber Songman. (Or a slightly updated set for both of them?)

I feel like the changes for V5 will be similar to what Wat has been tweeting about (since the technology can't be THAT different, it wouldn't be Vocaloid anymore if Crypton could somehow make way different software compared to Vocaloid Editor). So, some changes to automatic tuning (VocaListener), improvements with gender factor, making tuning generally less of a hassle (being able to drag what you drew if you move notes over).

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Completely expected this from Yamaha, they lost the plot this year and are just winging it now. Expect V5 announcement July 10th, launching early August with VY1V5 at the very least. Wouldn't surprise me if they finally launch VY2V5 to appease fans as well. I think features will probably include native EVEC and Vocal Fry myself, but I'm not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)