• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID Upcoming relaunch of Vocaloid Shop

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
The official Vocaloid twitter announced, as well as an article in the Vocaloid Shop, the Vocaloid Shop is closing flto be relaunched on July 12.

Something to note: itin the article, it mentions "terminating" products. This includes;:
- VY1V4
- VY2V3
- Cyber Diva
- Cyber Songman
- all starter packs

The article makes it unclear if they are being discontinued or if they will just be unavailable while the relaunch is happening. We'll have to wait and see.

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
To me it sounds like they're really going to stop selling them... SURPRISE V5 LAUNCH where they all get updates right of the gate???

Seriously though I'm a bit concerned about the Cybers and VY2 (mainly VY2 though because I want him and don't have him sfjls)

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
To me it sounds like they're really going to stop selling them... SURPRISE V5 LAUNCH where they all get updates right of the gate???

Seriously though I'm a bit concerned about the Cybers and VY2 (mainly VY2 though because I want him and don't have him sfjls)
I agree that it's worrying. I really want Songman and have been saving up but idk if I can afford him in time

EDIT: also just noticed VY2V3's box is unavailable on Amazon Japan,,, Diva and VY1V4 are still available though

Last edited:
Reactions: Twillby

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I mean... I thought Cyva did okay? Good enough not to just stop selling her out of the blue at least while she's still on the most recent engine. That's the main thing giving me hope that they've got something else up their sleeve besides "We just don't want to sell these anymore" but idk

Reactions: TheStarPalace

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Other scaey thing I noticed: those four are the only ones listed and Songman specifically is the only Vocaloid Shop exclusive there...

So...would that mean Mirai, Rion, Nemu, Matcha, Azuki, and others (if i missed any) are safe? I know Rion and Nemu have their boxes don't thry? But everyone else doesn't...

And is this gonna be the English shop only??? Because if itbisn't, then everyone except the starter packs should be safe on the Japanese shop

EDIT: well,,, arricle is on Japanese sie BUT if you go to the Vocaloid Shop and go to Topics from the menu, another article says July 12 site maintenance???
Jul 12th. Notice of system maintenance for VOCALOID website renewal

Last edited:

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
I just saw they're ending even more products on the Japanese site, though that's only really because they have more starter packs available (RIP the cute Fairy starter pack) They're also ending V4 Vocalistener sales

This has got to be to make way for V5 I refuse to believe they're really killing even VY1 she's THEIR BABY

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
It does seem suspicious and like it HAS to be V5 now if VY1 is being effected, plus the V3>V4 upgrades are all going down too.

My hope is V5 with VY1, VY2, Diva, and Songman updates at launch. It's just too sketchy otherwise...

I did email Yamaha through the inquires if, specifically Songman as he's the one I have interest in but the others as well, will still be available after the relaunch. We'll see what response I get. Ir if I even get one.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
I checked the Japanese version of the site, the maintenance begins at midnight over there on the 12th (which will be the 11th for us in America).
To confirm, the wording they used in Japanese definitely means they are ceasing to sell the following products (以下の商品の販売を終了させていただきます).

VOCALOID4 Editor upgrade version
VOCALOID4 Editor for Cubase upgrade version
VY1V4
VY1V4 upgrade version
CYBER DIVA
CYBER SONGMAN
VY2V3
Rana V4 upgrade version
Fukase starter pack
Tone Rion V4 upgrade version
v4 flower upgrade version
VOCALOID SHOP Selection (giant pack of "VY2V3", "ZOLA PROJECT", "AOKI LAPIS", "MERLI", "Mew", "AnonKanon", "galaco")
VOCALOID SHOP Selection Starter Pack for Cubase
VOCALOID VY2 + ZOLA Starer Pack
VOCALOID VY2 + ZOLA Starer Pack for Cubase
VOCALOID Fiery Starter Pack (I don't see this in the store, I don't know what it is)
VOCALOID Fiery Starter Pack for Cubase
V4 VocaListener
V4 VocaListener upgrade version

It must be V5. It looks like they are mainly getting rid of upgrade versions and large packs of Vocaloids. But does that mean they are getting rid of the individual products in the packs? The store currently sells V3 and V4 products. If it's going to be V5, then it would make sense to only sell V4 and V5 products (axing the V3's).

The shop only sells the current version of VocaListener (you can't buy V3 VocaListener for example). They are either going to release V5 VocaListener or stop making it altogether (someone on the Discord said AIST who made the plugin isn't working with Yamaha anymore, but I haven't tried to confirm). If VY1 is popular, maybe they would make a V5 of her. But it seems strange that Cyber Songman and Diva are on the doomed list. Songman was on my wish list, looks like I'll have to fork over my money earlier than I had anticipated... OTL

Edit: Ug, why would they discontinue the Cybers if their YouTube tutorial series is based on them?!?!

Last edited:

lIlI

Staff member
Apr 6, 2018
The Lightning Strike
I think the 'Fiery Pack' refers to the Fairy Pack, which includes Aoki and Merli.

Looks like they're mostly discontinuing bundle offers, but losing all the VYs would be a blow.

Mei-Saime

JP and CHN UTAU girl
Apr 8, 2018
I'm so confused as to why Yamaha would discontinue their own Vocaloids so suddenly like this along with mega packs.
Could this be V5?

Exemplar

Veteran
May 17, 2018
Could this be V5?

V5 is the most likely reason for the relaunch. Maybe the CeVIO folks spooked Yamaha into a soft launch of the V5 engine and i'm not sure there would be enough V5 banks available for a normal launch (which is why I said soft launch). I mean, we know from a joint press release Yamaha made with Line and various different patents they filed a while back that Yamaha was looking into incorporating machine learning and AI into vocaloid. It's possible that the release of a commercial english singing program with machine learning in it was enough to convince Yamaha to release V5 early.

Last edited:

Vani ❤ Candy

❤ Rana and Teki are my babies ❤
Apr 8, 2018
in a box under a bridge
awww i wanted Songman...;v ;

hmm, maybe the reasons why the VYs/Cybers are being discontinued now is because of V5 coming and they want to update them for V5? and they'll be the launch vocals??? i dont know...just wishful thinking out of me hahaha :cybersongman_lili::cyberdiva_lili:

Reactions: TheStarPalace
Hnnnnng! Is there a list of VOCALOIDs that only have a download version (or boxes only) somewhere? I need to check which VBs get out of my range in the worst case.

I hope that they update the CYBERs. They really are the only native Engloids I care about. I wrote a dank meme song that I need SONGMAN for, and I thought about making a DIVA x Luka duet but for a serious song. Would be a shame if they disappeared.

Mei-Saime

JP and CHN UTAU girl
Apr 8, 2018
I hope that they update the CYBERs. They really are the only native Engloids I care about. I wrote a dank meme song that I need SONGMAN for, and I thought about making a DIVA x Luka duet but for a serious song. Would be a shame if they disappeared.
Same.

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
This makes me think V5 is coming sooner than expected so that these four can be put on the newest engine. I personally thought it would be announced near the end of 2018 or at the beginning of 2019, but maybe we'll be seeing it these upcoming months?

I don't know, I just don't think that Yamaha would retire their VY vocals especially since they just now made English VY...

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Hm...if we presume this IS V5...won't that make the Cybers the first updated Engloids??? They can't just be drad and VY1 and maybe VY2 get released VBs at launch.

My guess is this has to be V5 and these four will be our launch vocals. Yamaha seems to be like the only company that actually fully discontinues a product when it's updated (at least to my knowledge) so like???

Reactions: Mei-Saime

Mei-Saime

JP and CHN UTAU girl
Apr 8, 2018
Hm...if we presume this IS V5...won't that make the Cybers the first updated Engloids??? They can't just be drad and VY1 and maybe VY2 get released VBs at launch.

My guess is this has to be V5 and these four will be our launch vocals. Yamaha seems to be like the only company that actually fully discontinues a product when it's updated (at least to my knowledge) so like???
This is a possibility. VY1 has it's fans and they wouldn't just get rid of it, nor the Cybers since the Western market uses them alot. Plus, yes they usually do this to ensure an update, but we'll have to wait and see.

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
This is a possibility. VY1 has it's fans and they wouldn't just get rid of it, nor the Cybers since the Western market uses them alot. Plus, yes they usually do this to ensure an update, but we'll have to wait and see.
Not to mention VY1 is their baby and if I remember right was a launch vocal for V3 and V4

Reactions: Mei-Saime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)