• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID 5 news

GreenFantasy64

カイミク || Len English || Arsloid || V5/Piapro
Staff member
Apr 9, 2018
soundcloud.com
Well at least it is still nice that the Yan He and Ling are still getting updated (now to V5), but nothing from the English side which is a shame still. Further RIP to the Spanish side

You know if Yamaha would just lowered the cost a bit for companies that already own Vocaloids and want to update them to the newer system. Imagine companies working on their V5 banks. :mirai_ani_lili:
In fact I'm surprise now that there is no other Vocaloids from Yamaha themselves on getting updates: Arsloid, Fukase, Sachiko, Zola Boys....etc. It could be just similar to the Cyber Diva, Cyber Songman, VY1, and VY2 on just being ports with some few updates to the banks. There won't be any needs to call in their Voice Providers from their busy schedules to re-record their voices. :qingxian_ani_lili: Maybe on renewing their contracts I guess....? Would people be disappointed on them getting to be V5 but as ports? Probably, but it would be....something nice to V5 at least.... some excitement. :ring_ani_lili:

Unity Chan also depending on her Company and Voice Provider said on the 2020 might update her if she needs an update since that is when her legal papers expires

DefiantKitsune

Lonely kanon fan
Apr 11, 2018
In fact I'm surprise now that there is no other Vocaloids from Yamaha themselves on getting updates: Arsloid, Fukase, Sachiko, Zola Boys....etc. It could be just similar to the Cyber Diva, Cyber Songman, VY1, and VY2 on just being ports with some few updates to the banks.
Most of those banks (such as Arsloid, Fukase, and Sachiko) weren't fully made by Yamaha, but were contracted by third party groups (like how Stardust is owned by Quadimension but was made by Shanghai Wangcheng).

The only exception is Zola, who honestly most likely would need to be rerecorded (and the poor relations b/t the VPs make that unlikely, or so I hear).

Twillby

Longtime Listener
Apr 8, 2018
US
The V5 Editor got an update

- Add Part/Note Duplication Function.
- Even if parts that extend over multiple tracks are selected, it will be modified to execute in "Join VOCALOID Parts".
- Improved keyboard note selection and editing scrolling processes.
- Revised unregistered Voicebank message display.
- Revised Authorizer message display.
- Made it so that menu items are displayed individually with the VST/AU host, as the application menu sometimes does not display correctly. (Mac)
- General improvements to stability.

peaches2217

Give me Gackpoid AI or give me DEATH
Sep 11, 2019
Arklahoma
It sounds like this may be her new Sweet VB! Ah, she's sounding so good~ I'm super eager to see both the full version of this song and of her V5! God I'm so happy she's getting updated, she deserves this

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018

Stardust

Vocal Synth Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2020
Could this mean the days of having to use the scissor tool so tuning is not as tedious are over? :kanon_lili:
I will be downloading it immediately. My internet is not the best, but once it is done, I will come back to confirm whether or not this is true. Unless someone beats me to it of course, then there is no reason for me to report back:kyo_ani_lili:
I wonder if it will fix the issue the VST version has with Studio One, but I doubt it.

Edit to avoid double posting:
It might be because my computer is quite strong, but it is taking almost no time at all to render anymore, and you hear the results almost instantly :kanon_lili: Even when applying a parameter to a large segment, it took a incredibly short time. I will test the VST version in a moment.

edit: Rylitah beat me to it. It usually says when there are new posts on a thread, but it did not notify me until right after I posted my edit.

Last edited:

Rylitah

kiyoteru enthusiast
Staff member
Apr 8, 2018
Took an hour to download but it finally finished and oh yeah, it renders SO much faster now. It's not immediate, but it's a huge improvement, no scissor tool required.

The "gradually listen to parts from the beginning while rendering" part makes sense now - the further along the track you're at, the longer you'll have to wait for it to render vs the near-immediate render in the beginning, but honestly I can work with it. This was the biggest thing that put me off of working in V5 despite the splitting track workaround and I'm really happy about this update!

KingPapillon

vocal synth weirdo
Nov 2, 2020

5.6.1 just released! ...and its literally just to fix a Spanish phoneme glitch. As a Maika user, I guess I can appreciate it. Its an hour long download for me for some reason, but I'm mostly just downloading it so I can get it over with and not have the annoying update prompt pop up every time during start up lol. Apparently this version also adds support to Mac OS Big Sur, which is always welcome. I'm still on Catalina and have refused to update any further for multiple reasons, but this makes me less apprehensive about doing it one day in the future.

Kind of wish they released the update files independently from the default V5 voicebank updates for already existing users, but I totally understand why they do it like this.

Last edited:

___

Oct 8, 2019
reposting from the Vocal Synth Releases of 2020 + Voicebanks Announced for 2021 thread:

Double post but....Luo Tianyi V5 might have just been confirmed??
Screenshot_20201231_143125.jpg

The comment is from this video: 2020最美的夜 bilibili晚会
It mentions Tianyis V5 being worked on!
Yeah, that would make more sense. Tianyi V5 Natural.. considering it's Tianyi, maybe they'll give her a new append too... Here's an official YouTube upload (in 4K!) of the Tianyi performance.

Ty @xuu and @TheStarPalace!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)