• We're currently having issues with our e-mail system. Anything requiring e-mail validation (2FA, forgotten passwords, etc.) requires to be changed manually at the moment. Please reach out via the Contact Us form if you require any assistance.

VOCALOID VOCALOID 5 news

First Sound Future

Passionate Fan
Apr 8, 2018
I hope there'll be a demo song of Sora soon! I want to hear whether we're getting V2 - > V3 or V3 - > V4 difference with the V5 engine.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
You know what will be funny? The fact that there will be a bunch of fanarts of her made before the official announcement and the folks at AHS/her voicer will be surprised to see them way before the unveil.
They're probably aware at this point, even people like Mitchie M are tweeting about it and most of AHS vocaloid peepsare on Twitter.

Reactions: Bryłka
Her name means "sky of spring", by the way. Sounds like a total anime name. Which I like!

Seeing she has two VOCALOID costumes - and one looks like a handsome boy - makes me want to hear her singing "Haikei Doppelganger" by kemu with both VBs. Or "magnet" by minato. I just have this weird idea in my head to ship her with herself. lol

EDIT: Whoops, she's not Sakurano.

Last edited:

Kona

Avanna's #1 Fan
Apr 8, 2018
USA
Any predictions for launch/early V5?
My guesses are of course Sora, but also VYs/Cybers, and either Gumi or a Cryptonloid

Bryłka

New Fan
Apr 9, 2018
AHS strikes with one Vocaloid already, so maybe there will be Yukari update too? It's one of their most famous products. Or maybe making Kotonoha sisters a Vocaloid~ Singing with Kansai dialect would be interesting I think

Reactions: MillyAqualine

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
We haven't heard anything about Zing for a while, so maybe she comes out now that V5 is going to be announced? I mean she was supposed to have 3 languages so that would be like "look she is special" and they also wanted to release her spring 2018 and now its summer.

Bryłka

New Fan
Apr 9, 2018
We haven't heard anything about Zing for a while, so maybe she comes out now that V5 is going to be announced? I mean she was supposed to have 3 languages so that would be like "look she is special" and they also wanted to release her spring 2018 and now its summer.
Also AHS had almost the same with Sora since they wanted to give us to her around summer 2017 while it's in 2018~ So it's possible. Or at least if she's that "another vocaloid" that was in the production.

Mika

crying over Rune Factory 6
Jul 5, 2018
Germany
To me it feels like Yamaha at least told all the japanese companys about V5. Crypton working on appends slowly (for V5?), new AHS loid, Zing was maybe pushed back for V5, they take down the VYs and Cybers so they are probably coming with an update. I wouldn't be surprised if we would hear something from Internet soon, really. I guess they want to make sure to release a lot of voicebanks this time, V4 was a disaster with VY1 being the only one for quite some time.

VocaMew

That one Mew fan
Apr 8, 2018
twitter.com
I know this is waaaaaaay out there, but it's a thought that came to me an hour or two ago. It seems to me that AHS is sorta taking some of the work away from Yamaha. Nothing major yet, but they took Nana for her V4 update, and now they're doing a V5 teaser and launch VB. I'm really excited to see them so prominent in the Vocaloid world, they always seemed to be the most effective at what they do.
I also heard some people talk about how Yamaha seems less interested in Vocaloid. I dunno how much salt to put into that, but if that's true, maybe this is Yamaha slowly handing things over to another company (that's quite frankly much better at advertising than them).

Reactions: Mika

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
Zing is in development hell as far as I'm aware. Don't expect to hear anything this year. Expecting VY1/2 and the Cybers to receive V5 libraries, probably VYs on launch and Cybers a bit later. At least one Engloid a month or two after release, and then Kaito update late 2017? v5 flower also kinda seems like a possibility but not sure judging by gynoid's tweets.

Bryłka

New Fan
Apr 9, 2018
Zing is in development hell as far as I'm aware. Don't expect to hear anything this year. Expecting VY1/2 and the Cybers to receive V5 libraries, probably VYs on launch and Cybers a bit later. At least one Engloid a month or two after release, and then Kaito update late 2017? v5 flower also kinda seems like a possibility but not sure judging by gynoid's tweets.
Right? They seem to be waiting with some info, then delted some tweets etc. I'm curious.

uncreepy

👵Escaped from the retirement home
Apr 9, 2018
VOICE COLORといった各種パラメータ、ATTACK & RELEASEエフェクトなど、VOCALOID5の機能を使用することにより、様々な声質や歌いまわしを再現できます
All sorts of parameters such as VOICE COLOR, ATTACK & RELEASE effects and so on, through using VOCALOID5's functions, can reproduce various [voice qualities/types of voices] and singing
This was on Sora's description, so I translated it as literally as possible. I think it implies there are other features that voice color, attack, release, however they might just be glossing over the old parameters we are already using.

melodicake

obnoxious vsynth user
I'm wondering if the official V5 announcement will list support for new languages? (I'm still praying for a future German Vocaloid).
I agree, I hope V5 comes with support for new languages as well as new features. I hope it'll have vocal fry like some people have been incorporating into their UTAUs, that's something that would be way more useful than growl tbh.

xuu

long suffering synth fan
Apr 8, 2018
UK
It would be interesting if they partnered with a new company to bring a new language to VOCALOID, but at the moment it is really difficult for new companies to receive licenses. Holding out for more Korean VOCALOIDs even though it won't happen...

Reactions: mahalisyarifuddin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)